What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bailey In Toyota Cup

cram

Bench
Been listening to Continious call and Bailey is playing Toyota Cup, therefore it looks as if Dureau will probably play.

Spike

First Grade
From an attacking prospective it's a good move, but it will be interesting if he can measure up in defence because he will targeted by the Raider's forwards.

NthKnight

Spike said:
From an attacking prospective it's a good move, but it will be interesting if he can measure up in defence because he will targeted by the Raider's forwards.

He did quite well in defence but his attack let him down a bit surprisingly. Againt better oposition he may struggle though, onlt time will tell.

Spike

First Grade
Considering it was only his second first grade game, I thought he went pretty well.

roopy

Referee
Bailey played NSW cup of course. been a while since he was 20.
The NSW cup side went fantastic.
A couple of great tries by Lulia.
Walshy had some great runs and scored a try.
Matt White, Tuafua, that prop from Manly, and Ciraldo all looked good in the forwards - and a hooker in 22 whose name i didn't get went pretty well - i suspect he was called up from the real NRL.
On Scotty - at the game his combination with Mullen was obvious - the two of them were feeding off each other - mostly Mullen off Dureau - and they were moving the ball 40 metres across field with deadly accurate passes. Mullo thrived with the great ball he was getting i thought. Scotty was a bit shy of taking on the line, but he was probably told to move the ball around, which he did really well. Scotty also did a hell of a lot of dummy half work with Bedsy taking far more on field breathers than you usually see from him - again probably part of the game plan.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
I thought Scotty played good. He moved the ball around and seemed to oragnise the forwards well. His defence was solid. Keep him there.

Ranger Jace

Juniors
You gotta feel for Bailey though, it was probably best for the team that Scotty came in. But still, training all pre season and expecting to play that role with Mullen, playing there in the trials then to hear that you're being demoted a couple of hours before gametime can be pretty dissapointing.

I guess that's Brian Smith for ya.

keeney

First Grade
I suspect it was all a smokescreen by Smith, Dureau has his problems defensively adn Canberra would have planned to target the halves more had Smith not made them think that we would have a backrower in the 6.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
keeney said:
I suspect it was all a smokescreen by Smith, Dureau has his problems defensively adn Canberra would have planned to target the halves more had Smith not made them think that we would have a backrower in the 6.

That's what I was thinking. I think Bailey may have known all along he wasn't playing.

roopy

Referee
Karawana is the one i feel for - he has been in outstanding form in the pre season and he didn't even get a run - nor did Luke McDoogs either i think.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
roopy said:
Karawana is the one i feel for - he has been in outstanding form in the pre season and he didn't even get a run - nor did Luke McDoogs either i think.

Hopefully that just makes them work harder and keep competing for that spot.

roopy

Referee
Spike said:
How'd Scott Briggs go?
i don't think he got a run.
The surprizing one for me was Ryan Lamb. I don't know why they are using him in the NSW cup unless he was a backline player not needed for NYC, but he was targeted heavily and never made a mistake. He has bulked up a huge amount.

Latest posts