What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bailey v Webb

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Should be a cracker. Hopefully Bails can do a number on him as he has on the other forwards the past 3 weeks.

Southernsaint

Staff member
I hope Browny is making sure our players don't get sucked in to one-on-one battle with the opposition. It'll take a team effort to roll the Cowboys away...

Dragonheart

Juniors
I'm sure Bails is more than capable, however, I prefer Webb to continue trying to prove his manhood by dumping Bailey on his back.

Everytime he did that in SOO1 he gave a penalty away...no problem with that. Bails is smart enough to know what the desired outcome of the game is (mind you....if Bails steamrolls him I'll be cheering that on too:D).

Jordan

Juniors
lol...no-one will be steamrolling the great Carl Webb... should be a great comfrontation though- especially since both players are in the starting lineups for there respective teams. Bailey wont be able to say he was tired like last time.

G

gorilla

Dragonheart said:
I'm sure Bails is more than capable, however, I prefer Webb to continue trying to prove his manhood by dumping Bailey on his back.

Everytime he did that in SOO1 he gave a penalty away...no problem with that. Bails is smart enough to know what the desired outcome of the game is (mind you....if Bails steamrolls him I'll be cheering that on too:D).

I'm hoping Creagh hits Webb really hard

G

gorilla

Jordan said:
lol...no-one will be steamrolling the great Carl Webb... should be a great comfrontation though- especially since both players are in the starting lineups for there respective teams. Bailey wont be able to say he was tired like last time.

Last time Webb started (SOO III) he 'crocked out' so IMO it just shows he's a deficient footballer - couple of big runs and that's all he has in the arsenal.

Dragons2005

Juniors
gorilla said:
Last time Webb started (SOO III) he 'crocked out' so IMO it just shows he's a deficient footballer - couple of big runs and that's all he has in the arsenal.
Yeah his a bit of cat. Bails finished his origin games more then we can say for Webb.

There was nothing in Webbs tackles on bailey it was more the elbow and palms in the face that gave the QLDers little stiffy's. I hope he does the same in a NRL match I can’t see him getting off so lightly.

If I was bailey I would be working Webb up, frustrate the hell out of him and he will crack.

Bailey is a solid defender but not a one hit wonder.

I would be backing Ben Creagh for the big hit on Fat Cat Webb.

Jordan

Juniors
He injured his groin.. he had to have surgery and has been out ever since. It could've happened whether he started or not. He has started in heaps of games for the Cowboys this year and it hasn't stopped him from making an impact. I guess with the departure of Rauhihi, and the lack of depth the cowboys have in the front row, Webb looks like he'll be in the number 8 jersey next year. He's more than just an impact player, imo.

Collateral

Coach
Jordan said:

Lol hopefully Webb wont go into hiding in the next set of six either.

Jordan

Juniors
Why didn't Bailey start in game 2 of Origin anyways? Was he scared? He did all the complaining after game 1 about how Webb got an unfair advantage because he wasn't tired, yet he wanted to do the same thing..

Nugby

Juniors
Because Sticky said so. Let's not forget that Bailey is the last Origin man of the match to start on the bench.

I can't wait to see Creagh take Webb down though. It'll be funnier than the commentary when Beaver started avoiding running at him.

Dragons2005

Juniors
I Never heard Bailey complain. he went off the bench so he would hit the park the same time as QLD interchange forwards.
he did it in Game three.
he also done it at club level and proved not a bad move at all.

Dragonheart

Juniors
This is from an article on NRL.Com:

"Webb will renew his running battle with Dragons and NSW prop Luke Bailey which started in the first State of Origin and was cut short by his groin injury in Origin II.

But he's unlikely to risk his immediate future by getting too fired up against Bailey or another of the Dragons' forwards in his first game back in over a month.

"My game is about aggression and a bit of the rough stuff but obviously I'm not going to go out there and be ridiculous about it all," said Webb."

Dragons2005

Juniors
i never doubted the QLD tactic of running on fresh forwards at our tired pack.
it is just the way Webb conducted himself was poor.
if Bailey did that to Webb we wouldnt hear the end of it from QLD.
thats life.

gregstar

Referee
webb is like crocker

when they put it together they are impressive.

however - needle them & watch the penalties flow.

Collateral

Coach
Sounds like he is trying to talking himself down so he isnt targetted by an angry Dragons foward pack.

Jamesy

Juniors
I don't think Webb will even play. I reckon it's just a smoke screen to try and put Bailey off.

All bailey can do is go out there and have a good game, and when the DRragons win, that'll be revenge enough.

tye

Juniors
I hope webb and the cowboys give it to the dragons....if they lose tonight it will put alot off pressure on them not only to make the 4 but in my opinion the 8...if they win top 4 is theirs

Latest posts