What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bangladesh Cricket Team

Helmet Man

Juniors
The Aghanis have a couple of decent quick bowlers... Funny how even they can produce them but Bangladesh and India can't.
Yeah they do. Hamid Hasan and Shadran Zarpoor can trouble even the best batsmen in the shorter form of the game. That is why i think Afghanistan will play well and progress pretty far in the seam friendly conditions of Australia in the 2015 World Cup.

Helmet Man

Juniors
Yeah we have lost our last 7 or 8 ODI matches on the trot. I'm very dissapointed but i dont think we have played as badly as our stats suggest. Our only bad match was against Afghanistan. Against India we put up 280 only for it to be chased down in the last over. Against Pakistan we put up 320+ score (our highest score in ODIs) only for it to be chased down in the 2nd last ball of the match due to some Shahid Afridi magic. And against Sri Lanka although we only put up 200 but Sri Lanka also happened to chase it down in the last over of the match. We are not playing our best cricket but we certainly have been very competitive and i guess our main worry is closing out matches with the ball. That is where we have lost matches. Although Afghanistan might have beaten us they scored less than 200 runs in every other Asia Cup match. It's frustrating for a fan to go thru all this but sometimes we have to look at the positives. We put up those big scores without our best batsmen Tamim and Shakib so it goes to show how the team is evolving and relying way less of senior batsmen. But still there are a lot of weakpoints like crucial drop catches and out of form players (Nasir, Mahmudullah, Gazi).

Helmet Man

Juniors
surprise no one talking about bd ruthlessly destroying pakistan with a 3-0 cleansweep in the odi series. They also beat pak yesterday in t20. BD seem like to be high on confidence from the world cup. Simply outplayed the pakis in every department.

btw you guys should watch soumya sarkar bat. The kid is insanely talented.

Helmet Man

Juniors
When do we tour Bangladesh next? i like to see how we go over there against them

this year actually. From memory i think its around august or september. Id also love to see how aussies would go.

bangladesh also seemed to have uncovered another pacer last game. Mustafizur Rahman. Left arm seamer. Bowls a bit like Boult. Huge potential. Simply bamboozled the pak batsmen. Sample size is small but he averages 11.75 with the ball in list A and 20 in first class. Got 2/20 yesterday on debut.

All these young kids coming in for BD are really tearing it up. Taskin Ahmed, Mominul Haque, Sabbir Rahman, Soumya Sarkar, Mustafizur... future for BD is definitely bright.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
this year actually. From memory i think its around august or september. Id also love to see how aussies would go.

bangladesh also seemed to have uncovered another pacer last game. Mustafizur Rahman. Left arm seamer. Bowls a bit like Boult. Huge potential. Simply bamboozled the pak batsmen. Sample size is small but he averages 11.75 with the ball in list A and 20 in first class. Got 2/20 yesterday on debut.

All these young kids coming in for BD are really tearing it up. Taskin Ahmed, Mominul Haque, Sabbir Rahman, Soumya Sarkar, Mustafizur... future for BD is definitely bright.

Yes indeed,Bangers will give us a run for our money over there,will be a great series to watch,they might even beat us if we don't play our best.

Helmet Man

Juniors
Yes indeed,Bangers will give us a run for our money over there,will be a great series to watch,they might even beat us if we don't play our best.

interesting to see how Aussie batsmen handle the spin of Shakib and Arafat Sunny. The Bangers will handle Mitch Johnson fine like they have done before but im interested to see how Mitch Starc goes in slow and low type of pitches.

Red Bear

Referee
Have we locked ourselves in for this tour?

Been a few times where the bangaldesh section of a FTP has been conveniantly scrapped

Helmet Man

Juniors

Superb win by bangladesh against India. BD are a fantastic ODI side now. They even had the balls to play four genuine pacers in this game with Shakib being the only recognised spinner in the side. And what did i say about Mustafizur Rahman? Got a fifer on his ODI debut.

I reckon BD would have scored even more runs if it wasnt for the rain interrupting play for a while. The openers were cruising thru making a 100 run stand in the first 13 overs (toying the india pacers) and then wickets fell after the rain break. Rain break stopped the momentum for bangladesh. Nonetheless great win !

Helmet Man

Juniors
bangladesh's last 12 home odi matches. 10 wins 2 losses

they have won 9 odi matches in a row at home and can make it 10 if they beat india in the next game

Helmet Man

Juniors
interesting as to how they will perform against south africa next month. Today they have a chance to win the series against india.

TheParraboy

Staff member
bangladesh's last 12 home odi matches. 10 wins 2 losses

they have won 9 odi matches in a row at home and can make it 10 if they beat india in the next game

They have got the 10 in a row, brilliant effort

A good platform to take this success into other countries, they are overdue for consistent success elsewhere

Helmet Man

Juniors
i think they will be competitive outside of bangladesh since now they have good pacers. Batting might be the only worry but we showed in the world cup that we are a good batting side. Test cricket is a problem for us though.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
their game revolves around ODI cricket and they don't get the crowds to test cricket so I wouldn't expect anything in the test arena from them

Timbo

Staff member
The quicks are still a worry. They'll struggle abroad for the foreseeable future.

Hell, Sri Lanka struggles overseas still and did even when they had Vaas and Malinga with the new ball.

Latest posts