What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barrett for aus 5/8

Mr Saab

Referee
razor you really are cluching at straws....australian captaincy is alot different to club captaincy

Snoop

Coach
Razor said:
Charlie never said "Lockyer is the current Australian captain", he said "they're not going to dump the Australian captain". The word current was not in there. Which means he is referring to him as the regular captain, not the current captain. Lockyer isn't the current captain of the Broncos, Webcke is(well not next week, but was last week), but Lockyer is the regular captain. Lockyer may be the current captain, but Johns is the regular captain, Lockyer is filling-in for Johns.

RalphWiggum.gif

Razor Wiggum: Currants make me regular.
Razor Wiggum: My finger's stuck ... can I go home.

Mr Saab

Referee
Razor said:
Ah okay now I understand. Sorry Snoop. Didn't know you were still in primary school.

your facts and knowledge are or primary school level. There are 7 yr olds out there with more knowledge than you

lockyno1

Post Whore
Razor said:
Charlie never said "Lockyer is the current Australian captain", he said "they're not going to dump the Australian captain". The word current was not in there. Which means he is referring to him as the regular captain, not the current captain. Lockyer isn't the current captain of the Broncos, Webcke is(well not next week, but was last week), but Lockyer is the regular captain. Lockyer may be the current captain, but Johns is the regular captain, Lockyer is filling-in for Johns.

Lockyer is the captain Razor! Get your hands off Johns for 2 seconds and face the facts! Johns wants to go and play in a "rubbish" ESL Grand Final instead of the test! I do not care what you say but we can't have our " real captain" or whatever as you call it doing that! It is the ESL for goodness sake!

Lockyer has been filling in for Johns wait for it.....2 YEARS! That is not filling in that is replacing him mate. You don't drop the captain. Razor, if you want to know people's opinions about this create a new thread on this. Leave this one to the Barret-Lockyer debate, which I might add had some goo input until you stuck you nose in in and made it a Johns vs Locker debate!

Razor

Coach
lockyno1 said:
Lockyer is the captain Razor! Get your hands off Johns for 2 seconds and face the facts! Johns wants to go and play in a "rubbish" ESL Grand Final instead of the test! I do not care what you say but we can't have our " real captain" or whatever as you call it doing that! It is the ESL for goodness sake!

Lockyer has been filling in for Johns wait for it.....2 YEARS! That is not filling in that is replacing him mate. You don't drop the captain. Razor, if you want to know people's opinions about this create a new thread on this. Leave this one to the Barret-Lockyer debate, which I might add had some goo input until you stuck you nose in in and made it a Johns vs Locker debate!

Lockyer has been captain for 18 months, not 2 years. And I asked Charlie before and he didn't answer. How long are you out for before you're replaced?

2 games? 4 games? 5 games? 10 game?

At what point was Johns replaced? There has to be a rule in place on the number of games, or the number of months, since you seem to sure on the rule. I want to know what number of games it is. And this is a serious question.

I didn't make it a Johns v Lockyer debate. Charlie said Lockyer is the captain. I corrected him. Then the Broncos fans came out in force and made it a Johns v Lockyer debate, not me. This thread turned into that by all the Broncos fans coming in saying Lockyer is the captain. There would have been 2 posts mentioning captaincy if they didn't come in. 1 by Charlie saying Lockyer was captain, me correcting him. That's it. But no, the Broncos fans had to start the debate.

Snoop

Coach
Razor said:
I didn't make it a Johns v Lockyer debate. Charlie said Lockyer is the captain. I corrected him.

So in other words you debated him. :roll:

Like I said, start your own thread.

Mr Saab

Referee
razor...lockyer is the captain of australia and will be until he retires from rep football.
Johns will not take over the captaincy.
Why?
A) he is possibly going to ignore the test in oct to play ESL...ARL will love that huh!!!
B) he is retiring from rep football in 2006
C) Lockyer is durable when it comes to playing for australia and has missed only 2-3 tests since 1998
D) Lockyer has been very sucessful as captain since 2003.
E) Johns has missed the last 10 tests or so
F) Lockyer is 5 yrs younger than Johns...which relates back to point B.

Kiwi

First Grade
Razor said:
Lockyer has been captain for 18 months, not 2 years. And I asked Charlie before and he didn't answer. How long are you out for before you're replaced?

2 games? 4 games? 5 games? 10 game?

At what point was Johns replaced? There has to be a rule in place on the number of games, or the number of months, since you seem to sure on the rule. I want to know what number of games it is. And this is a serious question.

I didn't make it a Johns v Lockyer debate. Charlie said Lockyer is the captain. I corrected him. Then the Broncos fans came out in force and made it a Johns v Lockyer debate, not me. This thread turned into that by all the Broncos fans coming in saying Lockyer is the captain. There would have been 2 posts mentioning captaincy if they didn't come in. 1 by Charlie saying Lockyer was captain, me correcting him. That's it. But no, the Broncos fans had to start the debate.

No wrong, you are the one who still sees Johns as the current Australian captain, which is wrong. A few games away injured, and sure he'd straight back in there. But 2 years, retiring from rep footy after origin next year, wanting to play ESL over a test = not worthy of being captain period. Lockyer is the Australian captain, get over it.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Kiwi said:
No wrong, you are the one who still sees Johns as the current Australian captain, which is wrong. A few games away injured, and sure he'd straight back in there. But 2 years, retiring from rep footy after origin next year, wanting to play ESL over a test = not worthy of being captain period. Lockyer is the Australian captain, get over it.

AGREE!

Snoop Shark

First Grade
If locky is injured id give it to Sutton.

He has showed more potential in 1 year then Barret has showed in his whole carrer

lockyno1

Post Whore
Snoop Shark said:
If locky is injured id give it to Sutton.

He has showed more potential in 1 year then Barret has showed in his whole carrer

Too young. His time will come though!

Razor

Coach
Snoop Shark said:
Not if his playing against Benji. That would be great to see IMO

Benji isn't playing the Tests though. As soon as the Tigers season is over Benji is having surgery.

rugged

Juniors
For my two cents worth, I'd like to say that there are far too many Broncos that are in the Australia team (and I'm a Broncos supporter) but that Lockyer has to stay, and Lockyer deserves to be captain.

Latest posts