What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Australia to target top NRL talent

warriors 95

Juniors
I’ve been watching a lot of the NPC this year all be it extended highlights and there’s some tremendous talent knocking about in New Zealand outside of the super rugby competition that would IMO go well in the NRL.

if I was an NRL club I’d be getting the cheque book out for Waikato forward oli Mathis who is a freakish talent who would kill it in RL.

bazza

Immortal
I’ve been watching a lot of the NPC this year all be it extended highlights and there’s some tremendous talent knocking about in New Zealand outside of the super rugby competition that would IMO go well in the NRL.

if I was an NRL club I’d be getting the cheque book out for Waikato forward oli Mathis who is a freakish talent who would kill it in RL.
what is the pay for an NPC/fringe SR player compared to bottom end NRL?

warriors 95

Juniors
what is the pay for an NPC/fringe SR player compared to bottom end NRL?
Not sure but I can’t see it being a lot.

i would guess a non contracted super rugby player would be setup with a decent paying job outside of rugby by the local provincial union.

bazza

Immortal
Not sure but I can’t see it being a lot.

i would guess a non contracted super rugby player would be setup with a decent paying job outside of rugby by the local provincial union.
so there would be an incentive for them to break into the NRL top squad - but would probably mean a year of playing lower level state cup in NSW/Queensland

warriors 95

Juniors
so there would be an incentive for them to break into the NRL top squad - but would probably mean a year of playing lower level state cup in NSW/Queensland
Definitely but I think a player like oli Mathis is a highly rated teenager who I believe was captain of the NZ schoolboys and junior all blacks so I’m guessing he’d be on a decent packet with progression to a super rugby contract.

Latest posts