What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barrett, Kimmorley, Cronk, Orford, Sherwin, Mullen?

andrew057

First Grade
HE Eels' desperation to snare a halfback led to some inquiries about former Bulldogs No. 7 Brent Sherwin last week. After missing out on Trent Barrett and Brett Kimmorley considering retirement, the Eels are leaving no stone unturned in their bid to find a partner for Daniel Mortimer.

The Eels were told Sherwin is past his best and will continue with their hunt to sign ageless playmaker Kimmorley for 12 months.

Some at the Eels are refusing to give up on signing Barrett despite the NSW player announcing his retirement a fortnight ago.

We are told Barrett had agreed to terms but did a backflip after suffering a shoulder injury that will require surgery at the end of the year. It was also revealed that the Eels will have a look at Jarrod Mullen for season 2012 when the Knights star comes off contract with Newcastle.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...ut-brent-sherwin/story-e6frfgbo-1225901862945

andrew057

First Grade
HE Eels' desperation to snare a halfback led to some inquiries about former Bulldogs No. 7 Brent Sherwin last week. After missing out on Trent Barrett and Brett Kimmorley considering retirement, the Eels are leaving no stone unturned in their bid to find a partner for Daniel Mortimer.

The Eels were told Sherwin is past his best and will continue with their hunt to sign ageless playmaker Kimmorley for 12 months.

Some at the Eels are refusing to give up on signing Barrett despite the NSW player announcing his retirement a fortnight ago.

We are told Barrett had agreed to terms but did a backflip after suffering a shoulder injury that will require surgery at the end of the year. It was also revealed that the Eels will have a look at Jarrod Mullen for season 2012 when the Knights star comes off contract with Newcastle.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...ut-brent-sherwin/story-e6frfgbo-1225901862945

andrew057

First Grade
Geez are there any more halves with one foot in the retirement village that the Eels can chase?

And Mullen? Hopefully theyre talking about him as a replacement for Mortimer, not as a partner.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Mullen is a signing I would welcome. Good kicking game. I think he could do well with our forward pack.

TheRam

Coach
Yes Mullen would be a sensational 6 to partner Cronk at 7. What a combo that would be to rival even the Chooks combo. Then all we need would be a hot hooker and our spine would be unbeatable.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
If Parramatta were serious, i would sniff out Darren Lockyer. He'd be a player i'd look at , as he probably only has 2-3 max left, and i dare say Brisbane could use his money on someone else, plus we'd get him a little cheaper beacuse of his age.

Thats the player i'd be going after.

Gronk

Staff member
If Parramatta were serious, i would sniff out Darren Lockyer. He'd be a player i'd look at , as he probably only has 2-3 max left, and i dare say Brisbane could use his money on someone else, plus we'd get him a little cheaper beacuse of his age.

That's as likely as Hindy signing for Manly.

Are you serious?

That'll be the day.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
anything can happen, i mean i'd also much rather have lockyer then f**king kimmorley.

Lockyer is still a top player, with Hayne they would cause disaster.

strider

Post Whore
i'd bet large sums that lockyer would retire before playing for any other NRL team

bennett and petro's situations were completely different - lockyer's got one foot in the retirement home (just that the other foot still plays like a 20 yr old)

spiderdan

Bench
cronk would be good but would take up too much cap space. i wouldn't be opposed to kimmorley for a year and then going all out to get mullen. he's still young and has a good mixture of running, kicking and passing (long and short off both sides). he would also take up less cap space than cronk.