What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barrett

What if Barrett Left?

• I wouldnt Care

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would never forgive the Board

• Id be happy to see him go

• Total voters

Jabs

Juniors
Willow said:
Jabs said:
Willow said:
Did I say injury was an excuse...?
No but I was asking a question.
Oh and one other thing it's pretty obvious Barrett puts rep commitments before Saints, he should never have played for Country with an injury (an injury the club never knew about).
That was plain stupid.

Just to clarify; are you saying he puts rep duties before club duties because he got injured in the country match? And that he went into that match knowing he was injured - and he opted not to tell the club?
From what I can remember he went into the match with an injury and it got worse as the week went on. He tried to hide it thinking the injury will heal but it didn't.
Daley wasn't too impressed after the match when he found out.
That's all I know.

Anonymous

Juniors
Oh ok.. well in that case he was might have been carrying an injury. ;-)

I dont know how fair dinkum that story is but we know it does happen with players sometimes... they seem to think they are in danger of losing their spot if they fess up about an injury. I dont think it's neccessarily to do with wanting to play for Country though... more to do with with some mistaken belief that they can play the injury out.
In any case, Barrett would have been put through a fitness test (presumably) and he was given the all clear.

Its sometimes been said that there should be a full audit of the way Saints deal with injuries. It's easy to speculate that the players pulling out of the Kangaroo tour had something to do with pressure from the club.

Sticks

Juniors
I've said to mates last season that given his run with injuries that it would be a nice touch to see him take a small salary reduction to assist in the signing of players and the retaining of others. What Lance did last season was just so typical of his selfless nature and his love of Saints.

Acka

Coach
I've just read on another forum that Barrett was unhappy at the first offer but then I also heard that Fittler will be going around for the Roosters again in 2005. But I don't know how reliable this information is. :?

Ide h8 to loose this particular player & agree that Injury has hampred him somewhat. However the guy is pure class & we should do all we can to retain him. 1 furfy though is the Coach & how their relationship continues, this could be a big factor.Now I love Brownie as much as anyone but am still out on that decision until convinced otherwise. We also have to take into account a players ambitons. Top line players wont settle 4 being also rans every year & if that trend continues he is sure to depart. So many different scenarios involved & informed accurate comment is very difficult to make at this time. All that being said if the side stays fit 4 the majority of the season there is no reason that if there is an amicable atmosphere & decent spirit around the place that great things are not beyond the talent currently at flavored Milk stadium. My theory is penrith were good enuff to win last time out then we damned well aregood enuff 2 if things go our way, injuries are at aminimum & we get a few slices of old fashioned luck............. :p :p :p

ForestDragon

Juniors
I hope he sticks around to develop a good combo with Firmo, and to show any doubters that his salary can be justified by his performances.(i hope)!! :roll: