What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barry Hall

Megalomaniac

Juniors
Well he has been cleared to play the Saints this weekend. The question I want to ask you AFL followers is do you think something actually happened?? There wasn't footage, but when the camera went back to Hall, his opposition had gone down. Do you guys think Hall actually did something, or do you think it might be one of those "Boo hoo he touched me" incidents??

Beaussie

First Grade
Grant was just playing for a free kick. Nothing in it and thank god the AFL Tribunal saw it that way.

j_tig

Juniors
my dad was at the game the other week and says that barry did throw a quick short jab at grant(?) not much in it but, he was playing for the free something fierce!

Cupid Stunt

UndertakerMike said:
Barry Hall is the most overrated play in the AFL.

I wouldnt go that far. With a quickish midfield the play works well but only once or twice a game. These teams that run the "Barry" a few times a 1/4 deserve to get burnt useing it. 8)

chileman

Coach
Dug up an old thread instead of starting a whole new one.....what did you think of his selfless display on the weekend......the amount of disposals to fellow players in the 50 instead of going for a lesser percentage shot may have cost him the ?????? (is it Coleman) medal but I thought it showed he really has his head screwed on this season and with Barry playing the way he is....the Swans can go all the way!

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
If your lot and St Kilda win this week you wont see them until GF day.

No cvhance

I'll second that.

If, and I think its a distinct possibility they will, St Kilda & Sydney win this weekend then we'll have ourselves a ye olde Lakeside derby GF.

meltiger

First Grade
CyberKev said:
I'll second that.

If, and I think its a distinct possibility they will, St Kilda & Sydney win this weekend then we'll have ourselves a ye olde Lakeside derby GF.

After the many, many, many years Sth Melbourne & St Kilda were the laughing stocks of the league ... wouldn't that be a turn up?

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
After the many, many, many years Sth Melbourne & St Kilda were the laughing stocks of the league ... wouldn't that be a turn up?

I'll say.

It carries plenty of romantic appeal from where I sit.

Or maybe I'm just going soft.

Glenn

First Grade
chileman said:
Dug up an old thread instead of starting a whole new one.....what did you think of his selfless display on the weekend......the amount of disposals to fellow players in the 50 instead of going for a lesser percentage shot may have cost him the ?????? (is it Coleman) medal but I thought it showed he really has his head screwed on this season and with Barry playing the way he is....the Swans can go all the way!

Barry Hall could of had the Coleman sewn up by Half Time, but put what was best for the team ahead of any personal gains.
Well done by BBBBH, and showing why he is captainacy material for Sydney

meltiger

First Grade
CyberKev said:
I'll say.

It carries plenty of romantic appeal from where I sit.

Or maybe I'm just going soft.

Meh, maybe if South wore a red v instead of an opera house ...

lol

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
Meh, maybe if South wore a red v instead of an opera house ...

lol

I hear this one weekly.

One of the guys I work with is a Swans tragic and he always bangs on about pissing off the opera house jumper in favour of the old fashioned South Melb V style.

He was anti the Sydney move in the first place apparently, and gave the club away for 12 years in protest. Nowadays he's one of the gung-ho types trying to save the old Lake Oval grandstand from destruction.

I just tell him that he's just another ratbag recalcitrant living in the past and that if he was so hot for the old red V he should simply shaft the Raiders and climb aboard the St George-Illawarra express!

He counter argued that these days the Dragons are just as likely to wear red & white hoops or predominantly red concoctions, so what would be the point?!

I guess he's got me there...

He also said something about the Dragons being low-rent, despicable scum, which was surely uncalled for.

Still, it was checkmate to Kev when I refused to sign his Lake Oval protest letter in protest against his anti-Dragon heathenry.

Clearly I'll have to side with the Saints if my predicted AFL GF is realised :badgrin:

meltiger

First Grade
CyberKev said:
Nowadays he's one of the gung-ho types trying to save the old Lake Oval grandstand from destruction.

LOL!

That Grandstand should have been pulled down the moment South relocated.

If it wasn't there the government could have upgraded Bob Jane for the Storm/Victory rather than needing to build yet another stadium.

& most importantly I could have walked from work to the ground! grrr lol