What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bartercard Cup - Round 3 fixtures

ozbash

Referee
Preparing my CV to apply to be a Kiwi selector
for the Tri-Series. Onya Sel.

lol, if you want a reference.....

dazza

Staff member
you`re right skinner, it`s good to go home with a point, but like carl said, we should have won. murph went ok, had a try disallowed which would have put us out to 24-8.

we have next weekend off, due to the split round. thats good for us as we have a couple of injuries. we had a couple of players out last nite. one due to concussion, the other for 3 weeks with ankle ligament damage.

also we have a couple yet to front as thay are helping their clubs in the grading comp.

well done to the jets & wellington.

cheers dazza

carlnz

Bench
If you think those results were big have a look at this...

WAICOA BAY 18 MARIST RICHOMND BROTHERS 18

Top of the table are:

Marist 5
Jets 5
Stallions 5

The two new teams are at the top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ozbash

Referee
yes top game in shitty conditions. I'll get some photos up soon. Their jerseys are pretty similar, but boy what a great game!!

Skinner

Coach
ozbash said:
Preparing my CV to apply to be a Kiwi selector
for the Tri-Series. Onya Sel.

lol, if you want a reference.....

yeah mate, I need all the help I can get.....just having the odd beer
with Sel doesn't seem to be doing the bizzo.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers
Skinner

ozbash

Referee
carlnz said:
ozbash how many people were at the game watching it?

about 150-200 carl.
pretty good considering the weather although the amenities made up for it. :lol:

i must moan,

i have been to a good few B/Cup games and it just gets patheticer and patheticer :p .

they charged me and the cook $5 ea at the gate (fair enough, a cheap afternoons entertainment) but then we were left to it.
no program, team lists, commentaries (try scorers etc).

what would it cost the nzrl to print out a few hundred A4 sheets of paper with the teams,officials etc on them.
A lot of people would have watched that game blind.

sure, they are providing us with a game but its the little things.

dazza

Staff member
gotta agree with you ozbash. although at harbour on friday night they announced the team & officials before the game.(i got a shock to hear my name over the speaker system :D :D )

i`ll see what i can do for future tornadoes games. our chairman usually turns up to our monday night trainings, so i`ll ask him what can be done.

cheers dazza

carlnz

Bench
Every Bartercard game I have been to there have been team lists and a PA system up and running so I cant coment on that oz Bash

200 is a fair crowd for the type of weather that was going up and down the country...

I bet you its only family and friends that go to the game...somehow we have to get fans out their to watch their club play

Skinner

Coach
Part of the criteria for the franchises is that that the club shall
provide a ground announcer. Team lists are normally produced
by the home team although these certainly are not mandatory.
They are bloody handy if you are doing any match reporting.

Skinner

ozbash

Referee
they did before kick off but that was the last time we heard them over the speakers.

we had to go and ask someone for the lists which my mrs copied into a notebook.

maori tv were there with a camera and they were having the same probs.
we ended up sitting between the team benches and when a try was scored we poked our heads round and asked who it was.

fairly primitive when you think about the high quality of the footy.