What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBB's XPA Wash Down

shadowboxer

First Grade
I remember the game but not much post that. Plenty of beer does that.
On the game, don’t expect much and don’t get disappointed.
For a team who can’t string together complete performances week on week, I can’t understand why people get so upset.
The first half was encouraging but really the little things really burn them and as a supporter burn me.
Fugg em

Weaponhead

Coach
I remember the game but not much post that. Plenty of beer does that.
On the game, don’t expect much and don’t get disappointed.
For a team who can’t string together complete performances week on week, I can’t understand why people get so upset.
The first half was encouraging but really the little things really burn them and as a supporter burn me.
Fugg em
It's the hopium that kills. Addictive shit. It then turns to copium as we search for reasons, scapegoats and someone to blame when the inevitable happens...

shadowboxer

First Grade
the worst thing is, I’ve turned my 6 almost 7 year old son in to a worse tragic than myself.. I’ve totally destroyed him
Don’t worry he will see the light. My boy went from a fresh faced shark loving supporter to a 18 year old Neanderthal with no interest in the game. Smart boy

Don’t worry he will see the light. My boy went from a fresh faced shark loving supporter to a 18 year old Neanderthal with no interest in the game. Smart boy
My son is 8, he's gone from putting his jersey on to watch the game, to popping his head in every few minutes to see the score to not even asking if they won over the last 2 seasons. When they've got the range of console games these days can't blame them.

DJDL

First Grade
Should DA have been dropped?

Yes.
He's done well while he's been there, no question.
But what value does he add from the bench?
A token 12 minutes at the end that yielded a net result of 2 runs for 12 metres, 3 tackles, 2 missed tackles and 1 ineffective.

He is either good enough to start in the halves, or he is not.
There is no in between.

Play him in the starting side, or play him in NSW Cup.
That's it.

island pro

Juniors
Yes.
He's done well while he's been there, no question.
But what value does he add from the bench?
A token 12 minutes at the end that yielded a net result of 2 runs for 12 metres, 3 tackles, 2 missed tackles and 1 ineffective.

He is either good enough to start in the halves, or he is not.
There is no in between.

Play him in the starting side, or play him in NSW Cup.
That's it.
You are probably right that he should just play cup.

But I think that’s the hard thing to swallow. If we are going to pick or not pick Ale based on his output, but pick Hynes based on reputation, then we are comparing apples and oranges.

Hynes won’t be dropped, and I think that’s fair given the broader circumstances, but that’s the frustration I think.

Is tricky the best half at the club right now? Yes.

Would a Tricky/Ale combo probably best suit the team right now? Yes.

Will Nicho get picked for the rest of the season, however long that is? Yes.

The unsolvable equation.