What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBL 2016/17 (Dec 16 - Jan 28)

TheParraboy

Staff member
Been a bit of tv advertising for both the Sixers and reigning premiers Thunder

http://www.espncricinfo.com/big-bash-league-2016-17/content/series/1023537.html

Thunder
Watson named captain

No Hussey. Not sure if the the great man (kallis) or Pollard will be back, they are not listed in the squads section list in the link
We will also lose Khawaja for a few games

Brad Hogg has gone to the Renegades
Ian Bell signed with Scorchers
Stuart Broad with Hurricanes
Notch for Scorchers

Really enjoyed this tournament over the last couple of years. Especially with the great man causing havoc :)

Though its the slap and tickle form of the game, nothing better than after a days work, putting the feet up over a pizza and beer and watching a bit of carefree cricket, CH 10s commentary makes it better to watch as well

TheParraboy

Staff member
sorry was thinking of Andre Russell, he is back for the Thunder

I think one of the Melbourne sides will win it this year

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Don't mind watching this, a lot better than repeats of family f**king feud, the Batchelor or whatever rubbish 10 would put on if it didn't have the rights.

Go the thunder although I think they'll miss the experience of Fatty and Huss and the class of Oozie.

I think the scorchers will bounce back even without hogg and go close to winning it.

steggz

Juniors
Eoin Morgan signed for the Thunder. Will bring experience to the top order and another old head to help out with leaderhsip

TheParraboy

Staff member
Kallis and MHussey are big losses

On par with when Price and the crow retired IMO...

callmack1

Staff member
I have also loved this tournament over the last couple of years. It's got a party atmosphere and is soo entertaining to watch!

I reckon the Strikers or Stars will go close to winning it this time round.

TIGER14

Bench
First game on tonight.
Sixers v Thunder.

Some pretty big omissions from the Sixers due to International duty.
Starc
Hazlewood
Bird
Lyon
Maddinson

TIGER14

Bench
Call me cynical, but you've got to wonder how they fit all that in the salary cap...

They've got Mennie as well.

Seems like poor management on their part. The teams that do well are generally the ones that have a strong squad of players that won't be ruled out due to International cricket.

Sixers also had Steve Smith but he stepped down because there was no chance of him getting a game. Now he just has an 'ambassador' role or something...

Timbo

Staff member
You have to keep in mind all of the quicks were signed to the Sixers before they were international regulars.

Bird was brought in last summer to replace Lee and be the attack leader with Starc and Hazlewood on the sideline. Him now being the third test quick is just bad luck!

2 weeks

Coach
Maddo is better playing this than stinking up the test side.

Billy's kid is in the Thunder squad, i thought he was dead. Same with Sandhu.

Diesel

Coach
What the f**k happened to the coverage in Brisbane? One live over on ONE HD then nothing for 45 minutes until it switches to TEN

Latest posts