What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bbl03 2013/2014

I wish I was around in that era, wouldve been great to watch the likes of Richards, Holding, Lloyd, Garner and Greenidge.

Having Viv in the commentary team has really boosted the coverage this summer.

When I was a kid in the 80s the Windies were the stars. Everyone wanted to be Logie or Viv or Garner or Holding in the back yard.

They seemed to be out here every summer and I had all their Maccas WSC tray posters and the Scanlens sticker books.

Great times, though I loved Allan Border too.

Good on the Thunder. Fking romped it home. Fk Punter and his snide comments too the merkin.

Khawaja although very talented has been one of the biggest under achievers in oz,fortunately tonight he delivered hopefully this will continue in all forms of his cricket for years to come.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
everyone that i talk cricket with say it's a major boost to the coverage having him on. we're all disappointed when he's not on.

i might add that the knob value in the commentary box is way lower than nein and its orgy of wannabe pole smokers. enjoying the banter. too many unknown Victorians though.

viv and malcom marshall. my 2 favourites.

if you had those two in any team, you'd have a hard time losing.

lara was great, but viv was something else.

Yes the only downside the commentary team is the AFL wankfest, but thats what happens when its on a network that covers the sport.

Viv is a cool and calm sort of a bloke, love hearing him talk about playing in Australia and his favourite moments in his career. How about his commercials with Ketut?? Love it.

In fact a lot of Windies players who played in that era say they enjoyed playing in Australia cause our crowds really appreciated their talent and were their heroes.

El Diablo

Post Whore
but thats what happens when its on a network that covers the sport.

they don't

Ten are just full of Victorians which is why their ratings are so shit

Last edited:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Amazing how a lot of people kicked up a stink why Finch and Pattinson were allowed to play, yet Clarke and Warner couldnt.

But it didnt help the Renegades.

cleary89

Coach
What happened to that reporters catch? They kept mentioning it but missed the renegades batting and wasn't paying much attention later on

Latest posts