What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bears aint done yet were not in the NRL and we are angry

babybear

Juniors
In 1998 the NS Bears made the bold desicion to relocate to the
CC,under the encouragement of the then NRL CEO Neil Whittaker...With the
"14" team Comp expected for 2000 the Bears saw this as a great
opportunity, and as hard as it was we as members voted to leave our
ancestral ground to build a brand new Stadium at Gosford($32 million at
the time) which the Bears put in a significant amount of their own
millions.The plan was and still is to become the CC Bears.
2)We got into financial difficulties with the delay to the Stadium being
ready,and the then board having us play home games all over the place in
'99, to what reason we still wonder,we were placed into administration,
with the idea we may become insolvent....
3)Northern eagles--- Well what a disaster, as we always said it would
have been, Why would you put 2 teams together which detested each other so much,(and still do) and force them into a shotgun wedding, is beyond me.Bears people were up in arms when the name was called the
Eagles(Manly) the Jersey looked like Manly,the Coach was Manly, even
though the Bears had bought Grahame Murray out from England to be the
inaugral Coach of the CC Bears in 2000,, Manly stuck with Peter
Sharp....and what happened Murray went on to Roosters and got them to
their first Grand final since '81,, enough said about that one.
4) Singo... at the beginning of 2001 you could see the Eagles weren't
going to last, and by mid year the J/V was doomed...when the split came
the licence reverted back to Manly and the grand old Foundation club of
1908 North Sydney was left out in the Cold....when the Administraters
got in touch with John Singleton the agreement was made that he will
take care of our 2 million debt and in return we get out of Admin. he
gets 80 % of Bear Stadium ;Gosford and the Bears retain 20% on the
condition the Team that plays out of Gosford full time will be the CC
Bears and wearing predominantly Red and Black......as I understand and
from our N S Football club AGM less then 2 weeks ago this agreement
still stands........Any team that plays out of Gosford will be known as
the Central Coast Bears and wearing Red and Black.
5)After the demise of the Eagles the Bears played on the CC for a couple
of years in the lower grades until the CRL under the leadership of David
Barnhill /told the Bears they were no longer welcome up there and had to
leave so in 2003 we had to leave the Stadium we built and go back to
North Sydney Oval...Thus the CC Rip were formed on the CC in the
U/20,,U/18;;and U/16.....once again the Bears were left out in the Cold.
6) The Dolphins....at the end of the J/V in July 2001 murmurings began
from the Gold Coast...even though it had failed a number of times up
there to readmit GC.The media Momemnetum has grown for the GC to point people think it's a fate compli that GC will get the 16th licence.....I
am one who begs to differ.....If you compare both areas you will see the
differance in comparrison...A) The Bears have the state of the art
Stadium on the CC :The gold Coast need a new $50 million stadium
built..B) the Bears have the finacial backing with John Signleton saying
he'll underwrite everything for the Bears(Even though Manly claim it was
them ;it was the Bears who first talked about Privitisation) ..Gold
Coast have enough finance to last for 1 season......C) the Crowds both
areas have good crowd figures but I believe the CC can sustain it...GC
have had 3 chances before with limited crowds, the CC would have
supporters from the CC and the North Shore combined. 100 of thousands of potential suppporters.D) corporate money and sponsors.....you have North Sydney business district enough said on that as well.
6)If the Central Coast Bears were reinstated you would be able to have 2
fiercly fought local derbys....one against Newcastle on the CC and One
against Manly possibly at NSO it is a win win situation you'd get 23000 to each game.7)They say it's been 10 years since Super Laegue well to every Norths fan the legacy of SL lives on...to heal that final wound(As I believe
David Gallop said last year) put the Bears back into the NRL and then let all of us enjoy RL again. Stop being so bloody selfish.
Well these are just some of the arguments....The Bears have been hit
from pillar to post since 1999 but are still battling on in the 4 grades
even after the NS Leagues club cut our funding this year from 650.000 to
350 000, the Mighty Bears are stll managing to mix it with the Best on
the oval with the Premier League, the Jersey Flegg , the S.G. Ball and
finally the Mighty Harold Mathews...Critics say the Bears are dead....well I can tell you we've taking some big knocks but under the
Leadership of Greg Florimo and President Miek Gibbons we will continue
to battle on until we reagain our rightful place in the NRL as the
Central Coast Bears.....A final point Why would the someone of the
Calibre of Gary(the Wiz) Freeman want to take such an interest in our
club Coaching the Premier League if he thought it was all over for the
Bears....Why would the Melbourne Storm use us as the feeder tam for the
NRL if they thought it was all over for the Bears....Think about it.....The Dolphins have now lost their logo and their merchandise......that was just plan arrogance on their behalf, No tears here for them....they just assumed they had the 16th licence.....Prepare yourselves because the Bears aint done yet.....Go The Mighty Bears.

doctor death

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
Too many words, not enough readability so little time
GO GOLD COAST FOR THE 16TH TEAM!

Just goes to show. If you're a moron with no interest in business, logic and the traditions of rugy league, you will get on the Gold Coast Gunners bandwagon.

Nice work, genius. :lol: :lol: :lol:

girvie

Staff member
1) In 1998 the NS Bears made the bold decision to relocate to the CC, under the encouragement of the then NRL CEO Neil Whittaker...With the "14" team Comp expected for 2000 the Bears saw this as a great opportunity, and as hard as it was we as members voted to leave our ancestral ground to build a brand new Stadium at Gosford ($32 million at the time) which the Bears put in a significant amount of their own millions. The plan was and still is to become the CC Bears.

2) We got into financial difficulties with the delay to the Stadium being ready, and the then board having us play home games all over the place in '99, to what reason we still wonder, we were placed into administration, with the idea we may become insolvent....

3) Northern eagles--- Well what a disaster, as we always said it would have been, Why would you put 2 teams together which detested each other so much, (and still do) and force them into a shotgun wedding, is beyond me. Bears people were up in arms when the name was called the Eagles (Manly) the Jersey looked like Manly, the Coach was Manly, even though the Bears had bought Graham Murray out from England to be the inaugural Coach of the CC Bears in 2000, Manly stuck with Peter Sharp.... and what happened Murray went on to Roosters and got them to their first Grand final since '81, enough said about that one.

4) Singo... at the beginning of 2001 you could see the Eagles weren't going to last, and by mid year the J/V was doomed...when the split came the licence reverted back to Manly and the grand old Foundation club of 1908 North Sydney was left out in the Cold.... when the Administrators got in touch with John Singleton the agreement was made that he will take care of our 2 million debt and in return we get out of Admin. he gets 80 % of Bear Stadium ;Gosford and the Bears retain 20% on the condition the Team that plays out of Gosford full time will be the CC Bears and wearing predominantly Red and Black......as I understand and from our N S Football club AGM less then 2 weeks ago this agreement still stands........Any team that plays out of Gosford will be known as the Central Coast Bears and wearing Red and Black.

5) After the demise of the Eagles the Bears played on the CC for a couple of years in the lower grades until the CRL under the leadership of David Barnhill /told the Bears they were no longer welcome up there and had to leave so in 2003 we had to leave the Stadium we built and go back to North Sydney Oval...Thus the CC Rip were formed on the CC in the U/20,U/18;and U/16.....once again the Bears were left out in the Cold.

6) The Dolphins.... at the end of the J/V in July 2001 murmurings began from the Gold Coast...even though it had failed a number of times up there to readmit GC. The media Momentum has grown for the GC to point people think it's a fait a compli that GC will get the 16th licence..... I am one who begs to differ.... If you compare both areas you will see the difference in comparison...
A) The Bears have the state of the art Stadium on the CC: The gold Coast need a new $50 million stadium built.
B) the Bears have the financial backing with John Singleton saying he'll underwrite everything for the Bears(Even though Manly claim it was them ;it was the Bears who first talked about Privatisation) ..Gold Coast have enough finance to last for 1 season......
C) the Crowds both areas have good crowd figures but I believe the CC can sustain it...GC have had 3 chances before with limited crowds, the CC would have supporters from the CC and the North Shore combined. 100’s of thousands of potential supporters.
D) corporate money and sponsors.....you have North Sydney business district enough said on that as well.

6) If the Central Coast Bears were reinstated you would be able to have 2 fiercely fought local derbys.... one against Newcastle on the CC and One against Manly possibly at NSO it is a win win situation you'd get 23000 to each game.

7) They say it's been 10 years since Super League well to every Norths fan the legacy of SL lives on...to heal that final wound (As I believe David Gallop said last year) put the Bears back into the NRL and then let all of us enjoy RL again. Stop being so bloody selfish. Well these are just some of the arguments.... The Bears have been hit from pillar to post since 1999 but are still battling on in the 4 grades even after the NS Leagues club cut our funding this year from 650.000 to 350 000, the Mighty Bears are still managing to mix it with the Best on the oval with the Premier League, the Jersey Flegg, the S.G. Ball and finally the Mighty Harold Mathews...Critics say the Bears are dead.... well I can tell you we've taking some big knocks but under the Leadership of Greg Florimo and President Mike Gibbons we will continue to battle on until we regain our rightful place in the NRL as the Central Coast Bears.....A final point Why would the someone of the Calibre of Gary (the Wiz) Freeman want to take such an interest in our club Coaching the Premier League if he thought it was all over for the Bears....Why would the Melbourne Storm use us as the feeder tam for the NRL if they thought it was all over for the Bears....Think about it.....The Dolphins have now lost their logo and their merchandise......that was just plan arrogance on their behalf, No tears here for them....they just assumed they had the 16th licence.....Prepare yourselves because the Bears aint done yet.....Go The Mighty Bears.
Great work babybear!

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
:BDH:
Groundhog day. Im the last one to play forum cop but there seems to be 1000s of threads here about this issue.... booooooooooooooring

Central Coast f**ked up when they boycotted manly run eagles in 2002 end of story.

The fact that not one of the anti-Bears/pro-GC people that have posted can actually challenge anything written says a lot.

Well said babybear. I think you summarised the situation with North Sydney, how they got there and their plans for the future very well.

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
Daithi O'Conaill said:
The fact that not one of the anti-Bears/pro-GC people that have posted can actually challenge anything written says a lot.

Well said babybear. I think you summarised the situation with North Sydney, how they got there and their plans for the future very well.
the challenge has been set
im off to work now but keep an eye out around midnight and ill give you the facts that challenge that matie.

doctor death

Juniors
Sir Clifford GC said:
Daithi O'Conaill said:

the challenge has been set
im off to work now but keep an eye out around midnight and ill give you the facts that challenge that matie.

Cliff,

There's one thing that's confirmed about you - you're very pro-Manly but you have absolutely no idea what happened in the last 7 years.

The Beagles was your lifeline. You were dead wood without that deal. All this Manly crap about fighting for the ARL was crap. Manly's motivation has always been about Manly - not the game, not juniors - just the club. It is News Limited that saved your club and continues to do so.

You laugh at the Bears - like all cowards do. But without the Bears, your club would be history. You have been struggling ever since Packer left your club and went to the Roosters.

Your club has no pride or tradition. You had a period in the 70's. 80,s and 90,s where you had more money and bought a few premierships - raping other clubs to do so. That's nothing to be proud of.

Don't get me wrong. I want Manly to survive - so one day the Bears can smash you at Brookvale in front of the 20,000 fans (of which 5,000 will be Manly fans - if the weather's not too bad).

Smoke that, Einstein.

circling eagle

Juniors
This has been done to death, but I for one completely understand it. When the Northern Eagles were formed I was devistated but took solace in the fact I still had some team to support, similar feelings for Dragons and Tigers fans I assume. While I am elated that the Eagles came back, it is sad that the bears are no more.

I hope they come back, Supporters of the bears were the only ones to be left with nothing in the aftermath of superleague.

Briza

Juniors
No Pride or tradition? - U R A MORON! :roll:

Since The Grand Final came into the game only one club has appeared in more Grand Final's than Manly, that being St Geoerge.

Briza

Juniors
FFS - Considering the bigger % of your players came from Manly up untill the "home Rule" came into the game , where's the tradition in that?

Ur an idiot and have 0 credability on these Forums.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Briza said:
No Pride or tradition? - U R A MORON! :roll:

Since The Grand Final came into the game only one club has appeared in more Grand Final's than Manly, that being St Geoerge.
I'll think you find its Canterbury who are second on the list.

Dakink

Bench
Newtown for the next NRL team!!!

It's just as likely as the Bears ever getting back in....

Copa

Bench
Knight82 said:
University for the 16th team!
Ya kidding... they blew their chances... the Maccabi Institute team from the 1924 jewish RL comp in Sydney are the guys that deserve a real chance.