What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bears aint done yet were not in the NRL and we are angry

Dakink

Bench
Bye bye Bears bye bye,
It's your turn to die...

Hear comes the GC!!!!! Yipeee!!

Now wasnt that constructive?

mightybears

Bench
Unknown Pleasures said:
Gee I'm over hearing about Norths. It's sad, but get over it. Why not bring back Glebe, Cumberland and Sydney UNi???

missed the point something shocking, haven't we?

mightybears

Bench
Hindyscrack said:
The Gold Coast is a transient population who have failed to support every single sporting francise in every single sport that has ever been based there.
Gold Coast WAS a transient population, not anymore

Everyone here is sick of Dr Deaths, Mightybear and now babybears endless posts about how great the bears are and how they will be admitted, there has been a million, with many refute

i dread the day the Goldy gets in because there will be a million posts from the Dr and co about how the bears have been hard done by

chill hindy
"everyone here is sick of"
no mate just a few of the gold coast based people and some manly and closet manly fans, if your sick of it, dont post in the thread- your essentially saying this thread is a waste of time, but i'll post to say it is

DIEHARD

----
doctor death said:
As for the Gold Coast geniuses, how come we head nothing about a Gold coast team for years and years then bang!

Because you are a dumb merkin, as soon as the Gold Coast were unjustly shut down. The fight was on to get back into the NRL. You are just an ignorant prick and didn't notice.

The Gold Coast bid has marched on relentlessly since that day, growing in power everyday.

Whereas the fictitious Central Coast bid collapses as soon as the NRL give them the cold shoulder, crumbling and showing how strong the bid truely was, weak as piss.

While the Gold Coast take it on the chin and take on the challenge for re-inclusion into the NRL with renewed vigor. Scoring points with the NRL in the process, a concept the Bears were too geniused to grasp.

The Central Coast bid was all huff and puff and now they are out of hot air.

doctor death

Juniors
DIEHARD said:
doctor death said:
As for the Gold Coast geniuses, how come we head nothing about a Gold coast team for years and years then bang!

Because you are a dumb merkin, as soon as the Gold Coast were unjustly shut down. The fight was on to get back into the NRL. You are just an ignorant prick and didn't notice.

The Gold Coast bid has marched on relentlessly since that day, growing in power everyday.

Whereas the fictitious Central Coast bid collapses as soon as the NRL give them the cold shoulder, crumbling and showing how strong the bid truely was, weak as piss.

While the Gold Coast take it on the chin and take on the challenge for re-inclusion into the NRL with renewed vigor. Scoring points with the NRL in the process, a concept the Bears were too geniused to grasp.

The Central Coast bid was all huff and puff and now they are out of hot air.

Gee, with spin like this, I think DieHardON is with the NRL. what a tosser.

GC is the place where sporting teams go to die. You try and talk up these wonderful new demographics. It's rubbish. Gold Coast teams will never be sustainable. transient population with an AFL bent.

The CC Bears bid was faultless. It is far superior to the GC in every way. BUT, the NRL "non decision" achieved one thing - it has given the GC some time to try and show something - like get a stadium or get a name or some money etc etc. It's such a biassed farce it's laughable.

No doubt an announcement will be made soon that the Gold Coast Gunners have found a long term sponsor who happesn to be directly owned or associated with News Limited. you may as well call yourselves the Cowboys. :lol: :lol:

DIEHARD

----
doctor death said:
No doubt an announcement will be made soon that the Gold Coast Gunners have found a long term sponsor who happesn to be directly owned or associated with News Limited. you may as well call yourselves the Cowboys. :lol: :lol:

I didn't know Ozemail was owned by News Ltd.

2005OZE.gif

mightybears

Bench
death and diehard
we both had arl loyal teams that were shafted as a result of the superleague war and its effects, we are both trying to get back
we are "on the same page"

we can argue all we like about the relative merits of both efforts
what happened to the bears, what happened to the chargers
the blame, the degree of self infliction, and how much we were shafted by the powers that be

BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I'M GOING TO BACK DOWN IF SOMEONE POSTS BULLSHIT ABOUT THE CC BEARS OR WHAT HAPPENED IN THE PAST, [especially if its not ignorance but certain posters with a pathology/axe to grind]

but the point is, expansion is good
i want a team to support in the NRL [as do bear fans everywhere],
as do lots of gold coast people

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!

DJ1

Juniors
Last I heard Singo had walked away from the bid to try and get himself a Super 12 team.

Has he announced something different since?

If so, link please!

Knightmare

Coach
Bears fans have been waiting longer for inclusion than Gold Coast fans. As far back as 2000, we've been hearing the calls from Norths (and Central Coast league fans) for a home team. People didn't come out on these forums (or anywhere else) and support the Gold Coast until about a year and a half ago.

mightybears

Bench
DJ1 said:
Last I heard Singo had walked away from the bid to try and get himself a Super 12 team.

If so, link please!

when bids are actually called for, singo will be there

RainMan

Juniors
DJ1 said:

If so, link please!

Thats correct. He missed out on the Super 14 bid though.

Maybe the CC Bears, if they ever do get in (highly doubtful now without a major backer) could be sponsored by Kleenex. All their supporters ever do is have a good cry. I'm sure BBX would love to jump on board again as well :lol:

DJ1

Juniors
mightybears said:
DJ1 said:

If so, link please!

when bids are actually called for, singo will be there

So then will you blame Singo because you missed the boat?

Kiwi

First Grade
Well the other topic with all my beaten horse got deleted, rightfully, but I feel the hypnotic horse beatings should still live on. So here they are, without further ado, back by popular demand, and well cause I feel like it..........................

:BDH: :

*edit *

TOO MANY EMOTICONS
The posting of dozens of emoticons into one post slows down the connection for people trying to access the thread. Like message bombing, repetitive use of emoticons will be deleted.

bender

Juniors
doctor death said:
Cliffy

Again, you tell tall tales to make Manly look good, but you have no clue.

News Ltd magically appeared in 1999 after the Bears were put into administration and lent them $2.8 million to pay the players in full. the 17 cents in the dollar crap was a Manly invention. That's the truth. You can even ask the Former norths CEO who has been a trusted Manly employee sibce 1999!

The Bears were never insolvent and never likely to be insolvent. their administration was a fraud. Anyone with an IQ over 5 knows this.

And the last person who should talk about being broke is a Manly fan. Manly were the club in serious financial trouble. And remember, under Arko, the Beagles came about which saved manly's backside and TV rights were flogged off to Nine for only $13 million a year.

Norths will probably be killed off this year. the latest fraud with the GC has the Roosters, NRL and the media behind it.

But at least Norths have put up a fight with pride not backstabbed another club to survive.

Now i am confused, so why is the News ltd superleague fraud what cost the bears their place in the competition when News are the ones who lent Norths $2.8million dollars? Incidentally, did Norths ever pay back News Ltd?

Latest posts