What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bears aint done yet were not in the NRL and we are angry

eagle_eye

Juniors
Have I read this topic some where before? Honestly how does discussing what happened in the past help the bears chances of returning. There needs to be another QLD team, the gold coast before we enter another NSW team. And the fact that the A-League have now set up a team on the Central Coast will draw fans away as well.

Briza

Juniors
Willow said:
Briza said:
No Pride or tradition? - U R A MORON! :roll:

Since The Grand Final came into the game only one club has appeared in more Grand Final's than Manly, that being St Geoerge.
I'll think you find its Canterbury who are second on the list.

All Grand Finals 1930 - 2004
(First played 1930, Mandatory since 1954)

Most Games - Club: 19 - St George. 14 - Manly. 11 - Canterbury.

Southernsaint

Staff member
And still, no-one has refuted any of the points form the original post...

Bring back the Bears, I say. They have the financial backing, the stadium & the fan-base to make the Central Coast work.

The Gold Coast is a transient population who have failed to support every single sporting francise in every single sport that has ever been based there.

Kiwi

First Grade
Southernsaint said:

Bring back the Bears, I say. They have the financial backing, the stadium & the fan-base to make the Central Coast work.

The Gold Coast is a transient population who have failed to support every single sporting francise in every single sport that has ever been based there.

Whats the point of refuting anything? We're just gonna be back doing the same thing in a few days with the next bears topic, doing the same thing we are doing here, and thats giving that dead f**king horse the mother of all beatings.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Briza said:
Willow said:
Briza said:
No Pride or tradition? - U R A MORON! :roll:

Since The Grand Final came into the game only one club has appeared in more Grand Final's than Manly, that being St Geoerge.
I'll think you find its Canterbury who are second on the list.

All Grand Finals 1930 - 2004
(First played 1930, Mandatory since 1954)

Most Games - Club: 19 - St George. 14 - Manly. 11 - Canterbury.
Source?
You're right on the fundamental point although I believe your figures are still wrong.

Its a little tricky as people sometimes add Finals in error, I know I have.

Including 1911, there have been a total of 66 'Grand Finals' (if you include the 1977 and 78 replays).

The Dragons have 25 Grand Final appearances, Canterbury have 14, and Manly have 16 Grand Final appearances.

That's what I added up from Paul's site at League Tables. Happy to have someone check my maths.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Kiwi said:
Southernsaint said:

Whats the point of refuting anything? We're just gonna be back doing the same thing in a few days with the next bears topic, doing the same thing we are doing here, and thats giving that dead f***ing horse the mother of all beatings.

Meh, get the mods to lock any duplicate posts...

C'mon you Bears!!

Kiwi

First Grade
Southernsaint said:
Kiwi said:
Southernsaint said:

Whats the point of refuting anything? We're just gonna be back doing the same thing in a few days with the next bears topic, doing the same thing we are doing here, and thats giving that dead f***ing horse the mother of all beatings.

Meh, get the mods to lock any duplicate posts...

C'mon you Bears!!

That'd be damn near every bears topic including this one, show me whats been claimed in this topic that hasn't been claimed in another?

Pull out the sticks folks, ready.....set........GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:BDH: :BDH: :BDH: :BDH: :BDH: :BDH: :BDH: :BDH: :BDH:

Kiwi and others,

BabyBear wrote a well thought out and informative post.

It is quite simply not deserving of the crap, mindless responses that you have left.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Nor do we deserve to endure yet another thread about how great the CC bid is, theres 1000's of them FFS, and all 1000 recycle the same garbage that has already been refuted and argued against.

Gold Coast is not only the better bid but for the sake of the game we need to consolidate our position in QLD, what we dont need is to cram another team in an already crowded sydney market #-o

Mad Dogg

Juniors
doctor death said:
Raider_69 said:
Too many words, not enough readability so little time
GO GOLD COAST FOR THE 16TH TEAM!
Just goes to show. If you're a moron with no interest in business, logic and the traditions of rugy league, you will get on the Gold Coast Gunners bandwagon.

Nice work, genius. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I pulled you up on this before, but obviously it didn't get through your blind passion (I noticed you never replied to my other post about it, so let's see if you do this time).

What you mean to write is 'If you're a moron with no interest in business, logic and the traditions of NSWRL, you will get on the Gold Coast Gunners bandwagon.'

If you're basing it on the tradition of rugby league itself, it's a no-brainer that it has to be a Queensland team that should be the 16th team. League in Qld has just as much history and tradition as it does in NSW, and a junior base not much smaller. So it's disgusting that, in the supposedly National Rugby League, Qld has 2 teams to NSW 11 teams (or 10 if you want to claim that Canberra isn't a NSW team).

Raider_69 said:
Nor do we deserve to endure yet another thread about how great the CC bid is, theres 1000's of them FFS, and all 1000 recycle the same garbage that has already been refuted and argued against.

Gold Coast is not only the better bid but for the sake of the game we need to consolidate our position in QLD, what we dont need is to cram another team in an already crowded sydney market #-o

If you dont like the subject then dont read it.

And if the GC's main tact is blackmail - let us in or Queensland will go AFL - then it is a very weak bid indeed.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Raider_69 said:

LOL, if you don't like it, go and start your own forum, R69

:lol:

Hindyscrack

Bench

Gold Coast WAS a transient population, not anymore

Everyone here is sick of Dr Deaths, Mightybear and now babybears endless posts about how great the bears are and how they will be admitted, there has been a million, with many refute

i dread the day the Goldy gets in because there will be a million posts from the Dr and co about how the bears have been hard done by

Latest posts