What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bears Fans

http://www.northsydneybears.com.au/club/membership.htm

I see North's are pushing a membership drive of sorts and promoting it as a way to help the club.

I%20-%20Membership.jpg

Yet when I download the form I discover that one needs to be "proposed" by two current members to become one.

Isn't this what footy clubs always have done if they wanted to keep their membership down? Maybe this should be looked at and recitfied.

I'm sure a lot of League fans would answer the call to help out this grand old club in it's time of need but most people who aren't NS supporters themselves are unlikely to know two football club members.

girvie

Staff member
if you are unable to supply a proposer and/or seconder simply give us a short statement about why you want to become a member in the space provided below.

I can second your membership.

Big-Steve

Juniors
Daithi

If you read the document fully it explains that if you do not have a prposer or seconder simply give your reasons for wanting to join.

The statement you provide replaces any need for the two signatures.

So join up as many people as you can.

Cheers

Big-Steve

Juniors
Daithi

If you read the document fully it explains that if you do not have a prposer or seconder simply give your reasons for wanting to join.

The statement you provide replaces any need for the two signatures.

So join up as many people as you can.

Cheers

mightybears

Bench
daithi
276 members as at February 2004.
a north shore times article from january 2005 had membership at nearly 500

Big-Steve

Juniors
The Dawson Twins Minus 1 said:
And was therefore not ermmmmmmm...

...the truth.

In January 2004 there was no membership drive what so ever. But there has been a concerted membership drive since the info meeting at NSO which has raised the level higher.

That's why such a big difference.

mightybears

Bench
thanks for your contribution AJ
just keep praying saint maxie of brookvale keeps your lot above water financially

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
hahha just like old times yesterday
manly smashing norths in flegg and PL

now i know junior pearces young fella is a bear but gees has anyone seen their new jerseys they didnt have to adopt balmain colours too.

RainMan

Juniors
mightybears said:
thanks for your contribution AJ
just keep praying saint maxie of brookvale keeps your lot above water financially

MEDIA RELEASE MARCH 29

Major shareholder and sponsor Max Delmege announced today he has extended his sponsorship of the Manly Sea Eagles until 2008 at an additional cost in excess of $2 million.

Mr.Delmege said his increased financial support of the Sea eagles would ensure the club's long term future in the NRL premiership.

"it will enable a continuation of the successful path the club has gone down since the privatisation last year.

"Manly's improvement on and off the field in recent times has been noticeable and I am delighted to continue my unique association with the club,"Mr.Delmege said.

Manly Executive Director Paul Cummings said the Sea Eagles players, its fans and the club continued to be amazed by Max Delmege.

"His generosity and genuine passion for the club cannot be questioned nor can the fact that he saved the club from possible extinction,"Mr.Cummings said.

Just for you mightybears :lol:

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
mightybears said:
yes it is an interesting jersey, cliffy
at least its different!
looks like something you would find on a float at mardi gras time

oh well somethings never changed
manly won in both lower grades f**k it was sweet sledging the bear scum

Red Bear

Referee
Its a horrible jersey but its still the Bears.
Lucky we werent at NSO Cliffy, you guys woulda been in for a thrashing if that was the case!