What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bears relocation list..

Perth Red

Post Whore
As I said to the Bears Board in relation to Billy Moore, please shut him up, being linked to multiple locations isn’t a look good for the Bears, nobody will treat any discussions with the Bears seriously.
Concentrate on one area, stop being the NRL’s expansion bike.
STFU Billy.
They want a license, they don’t care where it’s initially based as their long term goal will be to get the club back to nsw. I fully expect, with the help of the sydney media, that they will white ant the new location until it makes sense to everyone to move it to gosford/nso.

Centy Coast

Juniors
They want a license, they don’t care where it’s initially based as their long term goal will be to get the club back to nsw. I fully expect, with the help of the sydney media, that they will white ant the new location until it makes sense to everyone to move it to gosford/nso.
That was what Ken Arthurson and Bob Fulton did with the Northern Eagles’ joint venture using their highly influential positions within ARL circles to dictate terms in Manly Warringahs’ favour.
I’m pretty sure that the NRL will have learn’t from their past mistakes.

Perth Red

Post Whore
That was what Ken Arthurson and Bob Fulton did with the Northern Eagles’ joint venture using their highly influential positions within ARL circles to dictate terms in Manly Warringahs’ favour.
I’m pretty sure that the NRL will have learn’t from their past mistakes.
You have more confidence in them than I do!
it’ll be we just want 2 games at nso, then it’ll be look how successful it let’s make it 4 then 6 then it’ll be it’s unsustainable to stay in perth, adeilade, cairns, Christchurch so we have a sweet deal lined up with gosford and will play 6 gosford 4 nso 2 in nsw regional etc etc all backed up by Sydney media.

that’s why the license can not be owned by north sydney

The Great Dane

First Grade
As I said to the Bears Board in relation to Billy Moore, please shut him up, being linked to multiple locations isn’t a look good for the Bears, nobody will treat any discussions with the Bears seriously.
Concentrate on one area, stop being the NRL’s expansion bike.
STFU Billy.
Billy (and Dickson for that matter) linking the bid to multiple locations isn't really a problem. Him letting the mask slip and basically just coming out and saying, among other things, that they intend to play more than two games at NSO in the future and that he'd like to play games in the CC, is a problem.

The mere fact that they'd even suggest playing any games at NSO at all should have already ruled them out, but his basically confirming everything about the club's intentions that everybody with a brain suspected should completely rule them out in an honest world.

It won't rule them out of course, but it should.

İzmir Zaferi

Juniors
Beijing...
Jakarta

I am sort of sick of the Bears.

They could be good but their insistence on controlling a team is foolish.

The NRL should hold the licence and it should be geographically related. No more then one home game in Sydney.

Given they will play Sydney teams there will be plenty of games for Sydney based Bears fans to watch.

flippikat

Bench
The NRL should hold the licence and it should be geographically related. No more then one home game in Sydney.

Given they will play Sydney teams there will be plenty of games for Sydney based Bears fans to watch.
In a nutshell, the second part sums it up perfectly.

Do you think the idea of the NRL holding the licence could be a workable compromise that removes one of Norths bottom lines?

...or even a licence in some form of holding company, with the clear understanding that if the partnership breaks, the NRL reclaims it?

Last edited:

mongoose

Coach
The Bears could be in the box seat for re-entry into the NRL if they were smart and strategic, but they're not. They're amateurish and desperate. Although they probably also know the NRL is prone to making silly impulsive decision based on nostalgia and media pressure....

Perth Red

Post Whore
In a nutshell, the second part sums it up perfectly.

Do you think the idea of the NRL holding the licence could be a workable compromise that removes one of Norths bottom lines?

...or even a licence in some form of holding company, with the clear understanding that if the partnership breaks, the NRL reclaims it?
I think it would lead to the same scenario as I think the Bears think the media backlash if they got booted out again would make the NRL just allow them to do what they wanted.

Nuke

Staff member
Beijing...
Jakarta

I am sort of sick of the Bears.

They could be good but their insistence on controlling a team is foolish.

The bolded bit is absolutely 100% correct.
Any potential 'Bears' bid in any location outside of Sydney should in no way include any games at the outdated, atiquated NSO. As you say, it's not like any nostalgic old NS Bears supporters can't attend any games. There could be up to 9 away games per season in Sydney, or 1-2 less but played on the CC if the, say, Roosters/Souths/whomever were smart and took their home game vs Bears to Gosford.

At no point should a WA Bears / Adelaide Bears / Christchurch Bears / Brisbane 3 Bears / Country NSW Bears, ect, have any of their home games taken to Sydney.

At all.

flippikat

Bench
Any potential 'Bears' bid in any location outside of Sydney should in no way include any games at the outdated, atiquated NSO. As you say, it's not like any nostalgic old NS Bears supporters can't attend any games. There could be up to 9 away games per season in Sydney, or 1-2 less but played on the CC if the, say, Roosters/Souths/whomever were smart and took their home game vs Bears to Gosford.

At no point should a WA Bears / Adelaide Bears / Christchurch Bears / Brisbane 3 Bears / Country NSW Bears, ect, have any of their home games taken to Sydney.

At all.
I'd say a trial match might be a go.. maybe a regular trial against Manly akin to how the Rabbitohs & Dragons meet each year in pre-season for the charity shield.. and I think Eels-Panthers is becoming a reasonably regular trial too, yeah?

But certainly not a regular season game.

Centy Coast

Juniors
The NRL should hold the licence and it should be geographically related. No more than one home game in Sydney.

I am a Bears fan and I agree with you, any license should be 50/50 after the Northern Eagles debacle, I am not a fan of Pasifika because if there is a change of Government in PNG or Aust can they just shut it down due to lack of funds.

blue bags

First Grade

At all.
You missed Melbourne Bears 🐻

Centy Coast

Juniors
Id rather see 75-25 tbh. They should have a minor stake in the club in return for the brand use. Thats a
You missed Melbourne Bears 🐻
The Bears were Melbournes feeder club around 2009, the Storm cut ties with the Bears when it looked likely the Central Coast Bears were going to be admitted into the NRL.
The Storm were quoted as saying “why should we develop a potential opposition team”

Attachments

• 2273E8AF-50DD-4479-B851-EB0552B75584.jpeg
    2273E8AF-50DD-4479-B851-EB0552B75584.jpeg
    54.4 KB · Views: 4

blue bags

First Grade
The Bears were Melbournes feeder club around 2009, the Storm cut ties with the Bears when it looked likely the Central Coast Bears were going to be admitted into the NRL.
The Storm were quoted as saying “why should we develop a potential opposition team”
Billy Slater played for the Bears 🐻
Massive links to Melbourne
He could coach the Melbourne Bears
Kick start the franchise a rivalry to the storm

Diesel

Referee
I’m sure any bears team could pay opposition teams to playing a home game at NSO. It’s not a good look linking to CC, Gold Coast, WA, NZ and PNG

Diesel

Referee
Why not demerge Wests Tigers, bring back the Magpies to MacArthur and merge the Bears and Balmain as the NS Tigers. Play at Allianz and NSO

The Great Dane

First Grade
Central coast were they were going to go would be my bet.
The CC bid has been wrapped up for years, and the Bears have repeatedly stated that they won't revisit it.

It had no chance of ever getting up back when it was a thing, and has even less of a chance now.
The reason why I'm behind the Bears is the same reason I was behind the Redcliffe bid. They have the supporters, finances, history and facilities.
I have the perfect products for you; the NSW and QLD Cups.

They have everything you want and dream of, please go support them instead of trying to turn what is ostensibly the national competition into them.

Latest posts