What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bears relocation list..

Perth Red

Post Whore
You would think the Bears would be a little bit more humble given their history … guys like Florimo shouldn’t be talking about “non negotiable” terms to offer a potential partner … their bargaining position is weak ..

They should accept that what they have to offer is a name and a few thousand supporters in Sydney …Not the opportunity to move a percentage of games to North Sydney Oval for an expansion team thousand of Kms away … take a trial game there in the preseason. …

I wouldn’t have then join with PNG … let PNG have a name associated with their own country…

Possibly Adelaide down the track … could be a fit for them … but all the games in Adelaide and try and build an identity there
Only way there should be a home game in sydney is if the NSLC wants to enter a commercial agreement and buy one. If it makes sense financially for the new club then fine.

There is a small island that is part of Moreton Bay up here in Queensland. It is called Coochiemudlo Island.

I think the Bears should push to be the 18th NRL team from this excellent base. The Coochiemudlo Bears. However it would be a pain for the commentators and fans to call them that every time, so I think their bid name should be shortened to the Mud Bears.

If they get in, Greg Florimo can change his name to Greg Florimudlo.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
There is a small island that is part of Moreton Bay up here in Queensland. It is called Coochiemudlo Island.

I think the Bears should push to be the 18th NRL team from this excellent base. The Coochiemudlo Bears. However it would be a pain for the commentators and fans to call them that every time, so I think their bid name should be shortened to the Mud Bears.

Shorten it to the Coochie Bears. You could have a promo spot for them with a kid looking up his teacher’s skirt and exclaiming “there’s a bear in there!”

Gobsmacked

Bench
The Bears: can we stay in North Sydney? Nah little further north.
Central Coast? Hummm nah ..
Papua new Guinea? I'll think about it and get back to you.

Why don't the Bears go to the UK and try the super league? Surely that's far enough North? Right?
Come on Bears!

Anyone else noticed that there's no Bears in Papua New Guinea? Or any of Sydney?
Can't make this shit up.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Bears: can we stay in North Sydney? Nah little further north.
Central Coast? Hummm nah ..
Papua new Guinea? I'll think about it and get back to you.

Why don't the Bears go to the UK and try the super league? Surely that's far enough North? Right?
Come on Bears!

Anyone else noticed that there's no Bears in Papua New Guinea? Or any of Sydney?
Can't make this shit up.
par for the course, whenever a bid area looks to be gaining traction they jump on it. Sadly they still dont get it that no one wants them to be a fifo club somewhere else.

This wreaks of the Ipswich/bomber merger last second stuff... quick slap on a pasifika title, and we're in.... with the bears they forget their biggest strength is their brand, but not a city to play in, all they'll need to do is pick Perth or Christchurch or Adelaide, etc and they'll be in, but they are too dumb to accept that they won't be able to play in sydney, so they keep on drumming up this last minute shit and it just comes off tacky and way too late ive been saying all year Png is the fish they want to land, and it looks that way due to a massive govt payment, these bidders need to do better.. i like the thought of the return of the bears, but they need to push a proposal that they are solid with, seems like everytime there is proper expansion news they rock up late and drunk, copying the outline

Christchurch Bears. Based in Christchurch. That's their best hope of getting the 19th licence. If they're unwilling to do that then let them stay in the NSW Cup.

Russell Island has a rugby league club and Oval.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Christchurch Bears. Based in Christchurch. That's their best hope of getting the 19th licence. If they're unwilling to do that then let them stay in the NSW Cup.
f**k THE BEARS.
Is there Bears in PNG? No
NZ ? No
Why would people get behind a mascot that has nothing to do with them from a place with no ties to them? You couldn't come up with a worse scenario if you tried!

This is whatwhat's happening:
The North Sydney club is paying people a salary to pursue their interests in getting into the NRL. Period.
That's their actual job... Billy Moore ect.. all of them are simply taking a wage to stay in the conversation!
Their entire job ,like I said- job is to stay in the conversation.
Do you think they actually believe what they are saying? They are paid to be this passionate.
None of them are doing this for free .. it's a paid gig.

f**k off Bears. Sorry but take it like men ffs

blue bags

First Grade
f**k THE BEARS.
NZ ? No
Why would people get behind a mascot that has nothing to do with them from a place with no ties to them? You couldn't come up with a worse scenario if you tried!

The North Sydney club is paying people a salary to pursue their interests in getting into the NRL. Period.
That's their actual job... Billy Moore ect.. all of them are simply taking a wage to stay in the conversation!
Do you think they actually believe what they are saying? They are paid to be this passionate.

But the history
The Passion
The Will. The Want's
Bringing the Bear's back 🐻
BABY

Loose Cannon

Bench
Only thing missing is Greg Florimo telling all those Pacific Islanders that if you want the Bears “brand “ then it will cost you 4 games a year at NSO”
It’s the Bear Necessities!

The Jungle Book Dancing GIF by Disney

f**k THE BEARS.
NZ ? No

The Sydney media runs a story about the Bears every few months. It appeals to the nostalgia of older fans. They'll never get an NRL licence.