What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beau Ryan being targeted by Rebels

Direct

Juniors
The article is about Cooper Vuna, but it mentions Beau Ryan being in the sights of the Melbourne Rebels. Didn't he resign at the same time as Moltzen and Ayshford?

Transcript:

Rebels chase Knights flyer Cooper Vuna

Wayne Smith From: The Australian May 22, 2010 12:00AM

THE Melbourne Rebels have not given up hope of recruiting Queensland State of Origin star Israel Folau but in the meantime they are set to snare another prize rugby league recruit, Newcastle Knights winger Cooper Vuna.

Rebels head coach Rod Macqueen yesterday refused to comment on speculation that Vuna, who has scored seven tries from nine NRL games this season, is poised to join the new Super 15 expansion team, possibly as early as today.

The 22-year-old Auckland-raised Tongan rugby league international has been high on the Rebels' hit list right from the start, along with fellow Knights winger Akuila Uate, Kiwi Test centre Junior Sau and Tigers fullback Beau Ryan.

Borat.

Juniors
Ryan can go - along with Fitz, daneilla, brown, Tame - lets get some speed on the other wing...

He is a cut above the others and has a great workload, but when lote came straight in and carved up teams for the first 5 rounds it made me realize what a winger was supposed to do......RUN FAST ....FFS!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
gee, i wouldn't be surprised if Ryan is cut, Fitzy can secure the number 1 jumper, taumata can move into the centres, Tuiaki on the wing, Ayshford at Lock, any other weird sh*t Sheens is trying to get happening?

perverse

Referee
jesus, are the Rebels trying to assemble another league team down there? they've been chasing gaz... just secured Vuna... chasing Ryan and other blokes.

they can piss off if they want to take Aku, they already took one of our blockbusting wingers... i wouldn't mind talking cheddar to them about Sau, though. one trick pony if i've ever seen one.

Latest posts