What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beau Ryan

Since 73

First Grade
Its just a joke. Nobodys dead.

Twitters only about making the insignificant think theyre significant.

Anybody who follows what anybody else has to say on Twitter seriously cannot complain about it.

newman

First Grade
Grow a f**king sense of humour.

We are last. I'm sure Beau isn't exactly thrilled about it.

newman

First Grade
Newman, do you still have the 13a's?

Yes. Lost 50-6 to Yarra today. I wasn't there mercifully. They won the comp undefeated and untouched 3 years running and went out and recruited a bunch of monsters from out of the area to get even stronger! They then instruct their goal kicker to miss conversions so the "slaughter rule" isn't invoked.
Grubs of the highest order. It's empire builders like this who are directly responsible for junior league being in a mess numbers wise and if you can pass me their coaches number I'll say that to him directly.

bluefox1968

Juniors
Yes. Lost 50-6 to Yarra today. I wasn't there mercifully. They won the comp undefeated and untouched 3 years running and went out and recruited a bunch of monsters from out of the area to get even stronger! They then instruct their goal kicker to miss conversions so the "slaughter rule" isn't invoked.
Grubs of the highest order. It's empire builders like this who are directly responsible for junior league being in a mess numbers wise and if you can pass me their coaches number I'll say that to him directly.

Unfortunately, this happened / is happening in Bathurst, as well. As a culture, we are so obsessed with winning. The parents often demand it, the supposed 'winning coaches' revel in it and do everything to promote it. The comps become one-sided, and then the better players on the losing sides get sick of being soundly beaten and often go to the 'winning team'. It then gets worse - who wants to see their kid fflogged every week...?

webShark

Sorry to hear that Newman. My son played against the Yarrawarrah side led by Townsend and Mills. Never won a game in 10 years. Then the 'guns' get graded at the Sharks and Yarrawarrah fold cos the rest fear losing. My kid might not be winning many even now but is still playing and enjoying it. But the point you made is valid.

Look on the bright side. I can remember at least 2 , 60 point towellings and we rarely scored a try. Back then CT could play and would kick about 10 from 10 including the side line. Things change. No Tigers and CT ordinary.

Last edited:

charlie shark

Juniors

Newman
just worked out what club you are from Cron-Caringbah your club get more kids from outside the area through the sports school and the Indigenous house than any club in the junior league how many kids have you got from outside the area in your club and you bag the junior league well the President of the junior league is from your club.
ps how many local kids have you in your under 17's Newman watched them today I know the age group not many true blue Black cats there

newman

First Grade
Newman
just worked out what club you are from Cron-Caringbah your club get more kids from outside the area through the sports school and the Indigenous house than any club in the junior league how many kids have you got from outside the area in your club and you bag the junior league well the President of the junior league is from your club.
ps how many local kids have you in your under 17's Newman watched them today I know the age group not many true blue Black cats there

I have NO kids from outside the area in my team. I have one kid from endeavour but he's played for the black cats since he was six. Judd OShea is in charge of the junior league and he is from ENGADINE.

Good luck to Yarra, they are an astonishingly good side, but they are so dominant they are directly responsible for kids in weaker teams like mine not wanting to play. Any official in junior leagues first priority is to get kids playing the game and enjoying it. Winning comes miles behind that. Sadly for the officials at Yarra they want to win at any cost; and damn junior footy as a whole. It's wrong. To hear their trainer instruct a player at 40-6 to deliberately miss goals (the game is called at 50) is so unsporting it's laughable.

The CSDJRL also has a lot to answer for. My side and engadine are miles behind these good sides but they won't drop us to b grade, where we would be strong and competitive, so that they can keep heir minimum number of six sides in A grade. I can guarantee you that after a year of 50 blot floggings my side will fold and that's 17 more kids lost to the game.

Unfortunately, this happened / is happening in Bathurst, as well. As a culture, we are so obsessed with winning. The parents often demand it, the supposed 'winning coaches' revel in it and do everything to promote it. The comps become one-sided, and then the better players on the losing sides get sick of being soundly beaten and often go to the 'winning team'. It then gets worse - who wants to see their kid fflogged every week...?

This sums it up pefectly.

Sorry to hear that Newman. My son played against the Yarrawarrah side led by Townsend and Mills. Never won a game in 10 years. Then the 'guns' get graded at the Sharks and Yarrawarrah fold cos the rest fear losing. My kid might not be winning many even now but is still playing and enjoying it. But the point you made is valid.

Look on the bright side. I can remember at least 2 , 60 point towellings and we rarely scored a try. Back then CT could play and would kick about 10 from 10 including the side line. Things change. No Tigers and CT ordinary.

charlie shark

Juniors
Newman
In all grades there is a dominate side Aquinas in the 16's have won the ccmp since they were 8's and i could give you a list in all grades .
In a perfect world we would 8 equal teams who are all A graders.
ps Peter Saville is President of Junior League Judd is the secretary

newman

First Grade
Peter Saville has no affiliation with the Black Cats anymore. Hasn't even been sighted at the club for years.

Let me get this straight. Are you arguing that there is nothing wrong with the junior league?

Latest posts