What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beau Scott to Tigers before June 30th

Joe's Magpies

Juniors
Some news breaking that Eels enforcer Beau Scott has been told to look for a new club immediately , The Wests Tigers have wasted no time in contacting his manager about a move before the June 30 deadline .

Tiger05

First Grade
Interesting move. We'd have to take him even if for only a couple of years assuming we have the cap available.

super_coach

First Grade
Be great for us, a real hard man, even if he is a penalty magnet. Pity he can not kick goals!!!! My only concern is you have keep a pathway or two open for the young kids coming up through your system. If you keep blocking paths, they either loose interest or up and leave, but I guess it would be only a 18 month deal.

I get the feeling the club is hell bent on making the top four come 2017 to meet the target they have been flogging to us for a while now

Clifferd

Coach
Wow I'd definitely take him. Like many have said we are one hard head edge defender short of a premiership team and probably a stable halves combination. He'd come cheap so would be great

Tigerted

Juniors
I find it inconceivable that parra would let Scott go.He is there best forward.If we had him I'd confidently back us to b playing finals footy.They don't come any tougher than Scott.

macnaz

Staff member
Is this from a facebook news site ?
Hard to believe , i want to though . If true , it could really turn this club around.

My only concern is you have keep a pathway or two open for the young kids coming up through your system. If you keep blocking paths, they either loose interest or up and leave
super_coach, very good point and I was thinking the same last night when looking at the 1st grade and reserves for this selection.

Take the listed reserves this weekend
14. Sauaso Sue
15. Matt Ballin
16. Tim Grant
17. Dene Halatau
18. Kyle Lovett
19. JJ Felise
with assumption that Farah & Woods do back up, Lovett & Felise drop back to reserves. Now put Scott in the NRL team and you drop another forward, and you get a 18th, 19th & 20th player to drop down.

As you said if you block the pathway, we might lose someone that we have spent a few years and dollars developing but isn't that the case with every club?

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Maybe though, the club has to take a relatively short term hit in juniors progression to permit the club to actually have some success. To date we have been pretty dismal and this lack of success makes it hard to attract key players wanted to fill specific places.

yes I agree magpies forever, they just have to be smarter with their retention and have someone who can see the 'wow' factor in one of the kids coming through.

For example, it was Andrew Johns who saw the 'wow' factor in Brooks, I hope Johns was and is correct and that is what we need someone who can see someone and say, keep him, don't rush him, let him play reserves and then.....

Trollhammaren

Juniors
What's the source on this?

Because if it's from here it's obviously a gee-up and he's not going anywhere:

https://www.facebook.com/239467696444854/photos/a.239484109776546.1073741828.239467696444854/239483999776557/?type=3

SCOTT NEXT ON EELS CHOPPING BLOCK
Parramatta enforcer Beau Scott is the latest Eel reported to be looking for a new home in season 2016. With less than a month left until the June 30 transfer deadline, Scott joins fellow new recruit Michael Gordon and star playmaker Corey Norman as Eels on the chopping block as the embattled club seeks to rectify their salary cap issues beyond this season. This follows from the departure of Nathan Peats to the Titans and Junior Paulo to the Raiders over the past fortnight.
Despite missing State of Origin selection, Scott has been in damaging form for the Eels. But there are reports the new management see a problem not with his personal form, but rather, his name.
“You just can’t trust a bloke like that” said one key official, who did not want to be identified. “You know, with his two first names and that. Is he Beau, or is he Scott? Pick one or the other, I say. It's just very difficult. I can’t imagine how the blokes around him must feel”.
Documents leaked during the NRL Integrity Unit’s raids of Eels headquarters have revealed that there were a number of Eels stakeholders against the signings of both Scott and Gordon for the 2016 season, some of whom remain in positions within the Eels ranks.
It is believed these same stakeholders were also against the signing of Corey Norman, and have been working to offload him since he came to the Eels at the beginning of the 2014 season. Insiders claim there was recently a dispute between board members regarding an address book that was found on site, which contained contact numbers of several of Sydney’s high-profile drug dealers, as well as a member of Star City security.
“It's the same story” said one source within the club. “Corey or Norman? Fullback or five-eighth? Footballer or drug dealer? You've got to admit, it's a bit suspicious. The bloke has been untrustworthy since he arrived, and that has left a bit of a stench around the joint. Then we go and sign blokes like Michael Gordon and Scott…Scott...Beau…oh see there it is again, perfect example of how it just doesn’t work. Not at our club. We need to ditch the lot of them.”
Former Eels great Brett Kenny has come out in support of the trio, and has approached the Rugby League Players’ Association on their behalf.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The idea behind this is entirely to protect Brooks in defence which will allow Lawrence to look after Moses.

Its a smart move and long overdue. As i have alluded to, if this happens, Brooks will be the benefactor

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The idea behind this is entirely to protect Brooks in defence which will allow Lawrence to look after Moses.

Its a smart move and long overdue. As i have alluded to, if this happens, Brooks will be the benefactor

Tigerm

First Grade
super_coach, very good point and I was thinking the same last night when looking at the 1st grade and reserves for this selection.

Take the listed reserves this weekend
14. Sauaso Sue
15. Matt Ballin
16. Tim Grant
17. Dene Halatau
18. Kyle Lovett
19. JJ Felise
with assumption that Farah & Woods do back up, Lovett & Felise drop back to reserves. Now put Scott in the NRL team and you drop another forward, and you get a 18th, 19th & 20th player to drop down.

As you said if you block the pathway, we might lose someone that we have spent a few years and dollars developing but isn't that the case with every club?

I don't think you can have it both ways, we have tried the pathway for a while now and it has got us no where, in fact people are baying for management blood.

Get to be a consistant semi team and the good juniors will come through anyway.

BrotherJim05

Bench
If we signed B Scott I would honestly lose my shit. He is everything we have lacked at the Tigers for so long. So so long.

I'm not holding my breath but f**k me we would be an entirely different team with a back row of:
11. Lawrence
12. Scott
13. Taylor

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
If we get Scott, we will only be a centre short of a competitive side.

T.T

Juniors
Scott can take Halatau's spot and it won't block any juniors.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sironen look elsewhere though

Tigerted

Juniors
BrotherJim I've no doubt that brooks & Moses r incompatible as our halves.Theres only room for one of them & although I'm not totally convinced yet I'm starting to believe we would b best served with brooks & an experienced & humble 5/8 who has a competent kicking game.

Latest posts