What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beau Scott

shazam

Juniors
Please let it be true , I might go to a game next year. For Once Mr Doust make good things happen

The Nick

Bench
Beau Scott should never have left to join the knights
however that is history
IF he was to return , there would have to be some pertinent points to consider
1 Will be 31 next year
2 Has had plenty of footy in the past few years
3 Would the Club ""prefer"" he was unavailable for future reps inc Origin , re age and amount of time away from the Club , and poss injury ??
With reps out of the way Scott would form a lethal combo esp with Packer , and an excellent leader esp for some of our juniors coming through the ranks
Would be an excellent buy providing we dont pay overs

Why does the age argument always seem to come up? It's stupid, if he's still playing good football then his age is irrelevant. He's not a player that relies on speed, agility or other youthful attributes to do his job and he still does his job very effectively. He's the ultimate professional in terms of his preparation and easily has another 2 or 3 seasons of good service left in him.

SBW will be 30 this year, would you not sign him because of that?

Love my saints you do realise how bad the Dragons are and look at the moment I'd say at least 9 out of 10 players would look straight past the club as its a shambles and getting worse.

People keep saying the club needs to sign this guy or that but you have to honestly look at things realisticaly and the realisum is smacking you right in the face.

Scott is an upgrade on anyone at the club at present and they need experience and grunt which he offers at the right price.

Time to take the blinkers off the Dragons are not a desirable club anymore look at the fans tweeting how shit things are it looks bad because it is.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Why does the age argument always seem to come up? It's stupid, if he's still playing good football then his age is irrelevant. He's not a player that relies on speed, agility or other youthful attributes to do his job and he still does his job very effectively. He's the ultimate professional in terms of his preparation and easily has another 2 or 3 seasons of good service left in him.

SBW will be 30 this year, would you not sign him because of that?
Agree with most Nick
Scott is the ultimate pro with a very high work rate that puts in 100% ea time
Another 12 months at newcastle , an origin series and poss rep game plus full comp season..plenty of wear and tear there
Think he would be a fab buy . Offer him the captaincy on the proviso he retires from rep footy
What else does he have to prove there ? Nothing
Sonny Bill , much in the same boat .Love to have him on similar terms
However wouldnt be paying ""overs "" for either ;-)
We need some genuine leaders in the pack
Benny Creagh has tried valiantly , but the others often look like lost sheep.

love my saints

Juniors
Love my saints you do realise how bad the Dragons are and look at the moment I'd say at least 9 out of 10 players would look straight past the club as its a shambles and getting worse.

People keep saying the club needs to sign this guy or that but you have to honestly look at things realisticaly and the realisum is smacking you right in the face.

Scott is an upgrade on anyone at the club at present and they need experience and grunt which he offers at the right price.

Time to take the blinkers off the Dragons are not a desirable club anymore look at the fans tweeting how shit things are it looks bad because it is.

Coast... my view is you cant go forward by going backwards. Scotts past it, we need to lure a younger player, we nedd to change coach if our season doeant improve ten fold.
Please dont mention what fans are twittering..... atm im not interested in all the bullshit that people want to complain about. Nit picking bullshit stories.
The boards performance has dropped in the last 4 years. No doubt about that. The time for change has come, again, no doubt about that. But to start making up bullshit accusations is petty!!! thats not aimed at you.
And for us to start assuming a 31 year old player will be our saviour is a joke.
According to most it wouldnt matter who we got, we will fail if mary is still coach.
cant please everyone. Imo scotts a big no. Not needed.

Never said he was a saviour not one player can save the Dragons on field that is but he has gotten better and thats fact even at 31 he would offer that guidance as Thompson and Frizzel who are meek at times and don't intimidate anyone.

I am not quoting ayone from Twitter I have my own opinions and they are simple in relation to the Dragons as a whole is just a newer version of the Steelers with the same problems that plagued them for 20 years and lead to their own demise as a single entity.

When Morris and Merrin both decided to leave they told me a simple truth the Dragons as an entirity are very poor misguided and dillusional to think fans would accept the medicore attitude thats plaguing the club.

I know I'd rather a Beau Scott who would give his all even at 31 to alot of guys who the club has signed since he left who offer little for value and imo are soft and rather pathetic.

Fingerbang

Bench
31 is closer to 30 than 35....does anyone remember that classic thread in LU a few years ago? I can't remember what it was in relation to, but pretty sure it was a dumbarse Broncos fan that started it with a stupid comment about someone's age.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Coast... my view is you cant go forward by going backwards.
Although I do like and admire Beau Scott as a great player, I do somehow agree with LMS. I question why we let him leave twice in the past and now wish him to return for his 3rd stint with our club. This tells me that the recruitment and decision making have conceded they made a mistake twice!! The club seems to have a fixation in bringing players back that they let go in the first place, like Gaz, Chase Stanley, Beau Henry, Jake Marketo and they also tried hard to get Wayne Bennett to return and Jmoz. Where does it stop, perhaps Mez and Sowie will be back in 3 years as well !!
I feel the club needs to move forward and not compound the poor decision making of the past. Even Nathan Brown is smart enough to realize he cannot return like a boomerang and must forge a career elsewhere. Get the management and coaching structure right is the main issue in allowing the club to move forward and not back.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
I think we need a Brian Smith makeover. If Brownie is not wanting to come back, I can't think of anyone else really. Tim Sheens is doing nothing, but I'm not sure he is the right guy to rebuild. The other one I thought we should of appointed was Jason Taylor, Tigers were smart enough to pounce. Their is no one else.

kit66

Bench
Would love to see Beauy back in the Red V, all that experience and aggression. Imagine him and Frizell out there going a hundred miles an hour, good stuff. Love the guy, come home mate, we miss ya.

saintzrule

Juniors
I think we need a Brian Smith makeover. If Brownie is not wanting to come back, I can't think of anyone else really. Tim Sheens is doing nothing, but I'm not sure he is the right guy to rebuild. The other one I thought we should of appointed was Jason Taylor, Tigers were smart enough to pounce. Their is no one else.
This!:x

THE CHAMP

First Grade

you know things are shithouse when people are mentioning Taylor and sheens as desirable replacements for the current coach.

Saintsified

Bench
Jeremy Smith came to us older than what Beau would be on his return, of course we should take him back he is my fav all time dragons player.

BennyV

Referee
you know things are shithouse when people are mentioning Taylor and sheens as desirable replacements for the current coach.

Agree about Sheens, but having a lol at the comment about Taylor. The dude can coach - I'd go as far as to say he has one of the best tactical minds in the game. Once he gets a few years experience in leading and managing a footy team under his belt, he will be great.

And Tigpies will benefit. Meanwhile, we will enter our third year of Mary's contract...

blacksafake

First Grade
Agree about Sheens, but having a lol at the comment about Taylor. The dude can coach - I'd go as far as to say he has one of the best tactical minds in the game. Once he gets a few years experience in leading and managing a footy team under his belt, he will be great.

And Tigpies will benefit. Meanwhile, we will enter our third year of Mary's contract...

This.
As for Beau I am a fan however the combination of age and injuries makes for a recipe of time on the sideline as the older they get the longer it takes to recover. Not to mention his judiciary record. Would have to be at the right price for me.

ellskimore

Juniors

100% agree.

getsmarty

Immortal
This.
As for Beau I am a fan however the combination of age and injuries makes for a recipe of time on the sideline as the older they get the longer it takes to recover. Not to mention his judiciary record. Would have to be at the right price for me.

But surely you would take Beau Scott over Jeff Robson...

Latest posts