What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beaver and 'Hollywood' Kennedy

ozbash

Referee
menzies has got to be history over that high shoulder charge on paddy ah van.
morley got 2 weeks for less.i didnt think that was part of menzies game. thought pricey was going to hang one on him.

what about the bloody hollwood that sook kennedy threw in the last minute ?

hes gotta rate up there with joey and woolynuts for sookism...

Iafeta

Referee
Menzies is in a fair bit of strife for mine. Elbow to the head, no good. With the change in rules that isn't allowed. Lucky not to be marched for it.

I doubt he will have no carry over points so maybe quick guily plea and get off. I thought it was just a good hit IMO. sh*t they put some good hits on us

speedy1

Juniors
Shoulder to the head for mine, got to be worth a couple of weeks, could have done a fair bit of damage.

If some referee doesnt shortly stick Kennedy in the bin for the way he talks to them then they deserve all the s*it he throws at them. Come out of retirement Billy Harrigan i say.:(

effnic

Bench
Go look at it again you tools nothing in it at all didnt even contact the head the penalty should of gone to us for that idiot going to start menzies.

Iafeta

Referee
Sione Faumuina?

No doubt the penalty would have been reversed if he threw a punch.

Mayor-elbow, shoulder, it's all fish and chip paper now.

LeagueNut

First Grade
At the end of the day, I don't think anyone can disagree that the Warriors were pretty much steamrolled yesterday. Well done Manly (you bastards!).

JJ

Immortal
Menzie's was simply a good hit... refs seem to be reacting now when players are hurt...

It was the second stupidest "on report" of the weekend, the worst was Perenara's late (ish) hit on Gower...

effnic

Bench
Iafeta said:
Sione Faumuina?

No doubt the penalty would have been reversed if he threw a punch.

Mayor-elbow, shoulder, it's all fish and chip paper now.
Yeah thats his name why does the commentator pronounce it sione faumuinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i must say it was very funny.

ozbash

Referee
its bloody annoying actually. we know how to say his name but costigan is from qld :roll:

nearly as annoying as vunguna and nullavoa

perhaps we should call him natis ?

Iafeta

Referee
:) Effnic, that was Costigan, he's a shocker.

Wayne Pearce though, without any hesitation is the worst. "The Worriers", "Vhat-u-vey", and the constant innuendo about them being a bunch of reckless polynesians who have no idea and are all 500 pounds of fat who can't laterally defend.

Iafeta

Referee
ozbash said:
its bloody annoying actually. we know how to say his name but costigan is from qld :roll:

nearly as annoying as vunguna and nullavoa

perhaps we should call him natis ?

What is the prounciation of their names?

Everyone now is saying Vun-gana, its annoying - perhaps though thats what he insists on? I thought it was straight out Va-garn-a

ozbash

Referee
I thought it was straight out Va-garn-a

same, the poms call joe 'va gan a' and they speak english !

JJ

Immortal
Iafeta said:
Wayne Pearce though, without any hesitation is the worst. "The Worriers", "Vhat-u-vey", and the constant innuendo about them being a bunch of reckless polynesians who have no idea and are all 500 pounds of fat who can't laterally defend.

Lateral defence is not their strong point

Iafeta

Referee
No disagreement there JJ.

But guys like Steve Price move pretty well laterally in defence, but when you don the Warriors jumper, according to Pearce you're one in the same, a dumb Pacific Islander who'd rather be strumming the ukelele under the Coconut tree then working hard in the central third of the field. They're not great, but they're not woeful either, the Warriors D over the past season and a half has been more than respectable, its the attack where its all wrong, but according to him we can score at any time with our wild exuberant plays... he's a nuffy of the biggest proportions.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
For mine, the Patrick Nuffy awards for commentating are firmly entrenched in both Daryl Halligan's and Peter Ropati's trophy cabinets. I couldn't split them. They are like 2 ganders in a c**k fight.

JJ

Immortal
Iafeta said:
No disagreement there JJ.

But guys like Steve Price move pretty well laterally in defence, but when you don the Warriors jumper, according to Pearce you're one in the same, a dumb Pacific Islander who'd rather be strumming the ukelele under the Coconut tree then working hard in the central third of the field. They're not great, but they're not woeful either, the Warriors D over the past season and a half has been more than respectable, its the attack where its all wrong, but according to him we can score at any time with our wild exuberant plays... he's a nuffy of the biggest proportions.

Maybe I need to play closer attention - but I just don't get it...

Some basic questions I have...

Why can Toopi not defend, or pass the ball to a man in space?
Why does Cleary think Faumuina is a stand-off, as opposed to potentially one of the best backrowers in the game?
What's wrong with Wiki?
Why can't Wiki and Price (to a lesser extent) offload just a little?
Why isn't the pack better? It goes without saying that Price and Wiki are as good as any, but Anderson, Guttenbeil, Koopu, Luck, and if he played there Faumuina, are a better than handy back-row...

Why are we (fans) so disrepectful of the opposition?? Manly have been described as poor, ordinary, a team the Warriors should put away etc etc etc FFS, is there a better backrow than Menzies, Watmough and Kennedy?? Kite and King go well, Orford and Bell are class, Matai has improved, Monoghan is good, and the back three are at least as good as the Warriors... To me, the Warriors are a team Manly should, and did, put away...

effnic

Bench
What i think is stupid is how the nz media keeps talking up the warriors and talking us down if you remember last year they did this round 1 and dessy thanked the nz media for saying we were blow overs and i saw another article before this game with the same thing. Me thinks warriors managment should have talks with nz sports jounos.

ozbash

Referee
the kiwi media wait for any opportunity to put the boot into the warriors.
unfortunately, lately the club has given them every opportunity.

the warriors biggest problen is they dont have line outs.

Latest posts