What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beer Thread

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I have spent far too much money on craft beer over the past few weeks.

One that I’m really liking is deeds brewing “fear & loathing in brisvegas”

Give it a try..

And I also had a great beer that was made with gin as well, for the life of me can’t remember what it was called (happy to hear suggestions so I can track more down)

I’ve also signed up for this:
https://carwyncellars.com.au/products/quarantinnies-craft-beer-companion-box

24 different beers from local brewers..

Bazal

Post Whore
What’s the new one?

And surely you’ve heard the saying...

Opiate + beer you’re in the clear.

Beer + opiate will make you masterbate.

Sooooo I should definitely be having the beer first?

New one is Flemm. It's a blended, barrel aged sour Flanders Red Ale

Bazal

Post Whore
It's all yours. Hope the knee is coming up ok

They're due a miss, I guess. They've had a couple in the cans tbh.

Knee is ok. Pain is still pretty high, but mobility has been good so far. I can already pretty much get around the house without crutches so a bit higher pain level is fine by me if recovery time is shorter.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
They're due a miss, I guess. They've had a couple in the cans tbh.

Knee is ok. Pain is still pretty high, but mobility has been good so far. I can already pretty much get around the house without crutches so a bit higher pain level is fine by me if recovery time is shorter.
Good to hear.

Not saying the flemm red is a miss, just not my personal preference, never been into sours.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Any of you home brewers use the plastic PET screw lid bottles before? Need some 500mL + bottles to avoid further explosions and these look to be common throughout the brew stores here. Plastic just doesnt sound right though

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
Any of you home brewers use the plastic PET screw lid bottles before? Need some 500mL + bottles to avoid further explosions and these look to be common throughout the brew stores here. Plastic just doesnt sound right though
I haven't brewed for a wile but there is a reason why your bottles explode, you either haven't waited for the fermentation to finish or you have over primed the bottles, just use 750ml soft drink bottles to be safe but invest in a quality hydrometer,

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
giphy.gif

My grandfather uses them, seems to work well for him. Another guy I used to know only used Coopers long neck bottles, because the glass was so much thicker than all the others on the market.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Found a place that sells the fliptop 500ml bottles like the ones grolch come in. Should do the trick