What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beer Thread

horrie hastings

First Grade
I’ve been buying that lately as an after work reward can’t believe I’m saying this 🤭

Have to admit I really enjoyed it. I don’t drink ink a lot of beers these days but have been bringing home a few of the newer craft beers we stock at work, mainly pale ales and the better half and I agree we don’t really like them, find some of them too fruity, better half said yesterday it was nice to have a beer that tastes like beer.

horrie hastings

First Grade
For the first time since I can remember I smashed a 6-pack of VB stubbies last night.

Such a bad beer that it was good.

Thoroughly enjoyed.

The only time I smash a six pack of VB is if I drop it on the floor at work, honestly haven’t had VB since the time they dropped the alcohol percentage years back and there was such a back lash from people because of it and sales dropped right off. To be honest I haven’t missed it and I can honestly say I could never be bothered drinking it again.

Nealo 12

Bench
Have to admit I really enjoyed it. I don’t drink ink a lot of beers these days but have been bringing home a few of the newer craft beers we stock at work, mainly pale ales and the better half and I agree we don’t really like them, find some of them too fruity, better half said yesterday it was nice to have a beer that tastes like beer.
Yeah I get what you mean with Pale Ales, I mean I like them some days and can't even think about having one the next . They are sort of a style of beer I drink when the weather is cooler.
It does seem like every new micro brewery does the Pale Ale thing now.
I have enjoyed a couple of XXXX Drys each arvo and when the hotter weather returns I may go to Blonde beers to help with the lower carbs side of things.

Edit: Don't go there with VB.... Yuk

Last edited:
The only time I smash a six pack of VB is if I drop it on the floor at work, honestly haven’t had VB since the time they dropped the alcohol percentage years back and there was such a back lash from people because of it and sales dropped right off. To be honest I haven’t missed it and I can honestly say I could never be bothered drinking it again.

Awesome.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Yeah I get what you mean with Pale Ales, I mean I like them some days and can't even think about having one the next . They are sort of a style of beer I drink when the weather is cooler.
It does seem like every new micro brewery does the Pale Ale thing now.
I have enjoyed a couple of XXXX Drys each arvo and when the hotter weather returns I may go to Blonde beers to help with the lower carbs side of things.

Edit: Don't go there with VB.... Yuk

I dont mind a good pale ale every now and then but as you say every micro brewery seems to be doing them now and with different twists and to be honest some i have tried, half a can is enough, mind you there are still some i like but they are getting few and far between. Where i live in St Peters we have so many breweries so close by in Newtown, Marrickville and St Peters i have lost track of whats around.

Nealo 12

Bench
I dont mind a good pale ale every now and then but as you say every micro brewery seems to be doing them now and with different twists and to be honest some i have tried, half a can is enough, mind you there are still some i like but they are getting few and far between. Where i live in St Peters we have so many breweries so close by in Newtown, Marrickville and St Peters i have lost track of whats around.
Probably for me now a cold Furphy on tap is all I need for a beer when I'm out with the mates.

Bazal

Post Whore
Had a few random stout/dark beers tonight.

Jindabyne Brewing Black Diamond is a really nice, dry dark beer. White Bay Morning Yearning, smoked porter with coffee & smoked almond. Tastes like it says on the tin, loved it

But the pick was the Range Brewing Morning Ritual stout. Oat & milk stout with vanilla and coconut. It literally tastes like drinking a lamington. Desserty sure, but awesome.

Also got a Dainton Imperial Stout which will stay on the bench at 11%, given all cans were 440s and I have a T20 at 9am

We've finally got our little canning machine running at Shark Island. We'll be using it mostly for the limited release brews, except we had to get The Point Dark Ale as the first batch . Our core beers will still be canned at a bigger place.
We also won a few Bronzes at The Indies the other week, for The Point, Sandshoes XPA and Shiprock Hazey Pale Ale. Not too bad for the first awards we've ever been involved with.