What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beetroot gives it to gordy.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Cronulla prop Chris Beattie has returned fire at Gorden Tallis, claiming his former Queensland teammate was getting too old and should consider retiring to become a referee.

A stunned Beattie picked up Sunday's newspapers to find he had been branded a "grub" and a "cheap-shot merchant" by Tallis after the pair clashed heatedly during the second half of the Broncos' golden point win over the Sharks at Toyota Park on Saturday night.

Tallis declined to elaborate on his comments but after the game alleged he was head-butted by Beattie, an accusation the Sharks enforcer denied.

"I have played with him and against him before and never had a problem," Beattie said.
"All of a sudden he's got a problem. I go out there and play the game hard. Someone can have a problem with me on the field - big deal.
"I just find it extraordinary that he can go out and slam me like that.
"Someone that doesn't know me picks up the paper and - Gorden Tallis has a high standing in the game - they think Chris Beattie must be a grub.

"That's ridiculous. I would never do that to somebody. It was a thrilling game. The paper should have talked about that."

Beattie, who was part of the Queensland State of Origin side with Tallis in 2001 and 2002, went on report with teammate Jason Stevens for a lifting tackle on Brisbane's Brent Tate during the match.

But he wasn't penalised by referee Jason Robinson over the alleged headbutt, which prompted Tallis at the time to bark at Beattie: "If you headbutt me again I'm going to bash you."

Tallis claimed the Sharks had engaged in "niggling tactics" late in the game in an attempt to bait the Broncos.

"It's disappointing because nobody likes to see that," Tallis said.

"I'm just happy that our players didn't react because the second nature is to protect yourself."

Beattie said if Tallis had a problem, he should have taken it up with him after the game.

"I was trying to play the ball, he was trying to stop me from playing the ball quickly," Beattie said.

"If I am trying to play the ball quickly and he's trying to stop me of course there's going to be a bit of confrontation.

"We're both out there competing in a game. We're not out there ballroom dancing.

"I think Gorden is getting old and he can't do it physically (any more) so he's shooting his mouth off.

"His physical features aren't getting him in the paper so he's shooting his mouth off.

"If he's so old and cranky why doesn't he retire from rugby league and become a referee."

However, Beattie did extend an olive branch to his former Queensland captain.

"If Gorden had a massive problem with something I did on the field he should have taken care of it on the field," he said.

"If he still had a problem he should have come and seen me in the sheds and we could have sorted it out. He can give me a phone call and I'd have no problem talking to him about it."

http://www.nrl.com.au/news.cfm?id=9411

Jonotallica

Juniors
Shutup Gordy you won!!

:lol: Just laugh at him, it's all you can do. I said to someone last night after the golden point coin toss, it looked like he had been bumped on the head one to many times last night.

What Gordy needed to mention was when his team had possesion and he wasn't involved in play, he grabbed Jason Kent's throat, and gave it a good squeeze, leaving Kent clutching his throat short of breath. :lol:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Another thing to add to a colourful evening was the press conference where WB walked in sat down & said, " If you dont move that fuggen light, I'm leaving".

hahahah

sharknows

Bench
Tallis thinks he is bigger than the game. He is a real cheap shot merchant - great at coming in as the 3rd or 4th tackler trying to cause an injury. Lies all over tackled players continually and gets away with it. He had the ref totally intimidated last night. His comments about Beattie after the game are show what a total drop kick he really is - Beats got on top of him and he can't take it. With regard to Bennett he should have been told "OK fugg off prima donna" - who wanted to listen to him anyway. He never gives the opposition any credit - a bronco win or loss only comes from the way the broncos play - they treat everyone with arrogance

guys being in qld if u seen todays courier mail, made out Beattie to be worse then saddam hussein, and tommorrow, if u guys want to here broncos fans whinge tune into 4bc.com.au, they will be whingning lead by glenn lazarus, they will go on and on about the ref and unfair play, dont be surprised to here me ring and give them a serve it wouldnt be the first time over there bias commentry, gave them one when we beat the broncs, and one last week, when tallis said in courie mail was happy with the refs, rang and explained the hamstead incident of course not even the presenter had watched that, and explained well the broncs fan must be happy with him as no one rang and complained so come semis if you lose on bad call canot complain, they didnt appreciate that, they protect there precious broncs, Lazarus said on friday you must accept refs call, wonder his defense on Tallis abusing the ref, be just as good as his defense on Williams cheap shot on O'neill, so guys if u want a laught tune in from 5pm tommorrow to 4bc.com.au, or ring them up just say from some bris suburb

If you watch Tallis closely you'll notice he steers well clear of the bigger guys. He'll bully the smaller backs like Hodgson in the SOO but he's missing in action to take on the big fellas.

He's a coward!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Fuggin coward my arrse
Gordie is one of the last real tough ment in the game.
that is why players , yest that is right, players rate him as the most feared player. for something like 6 or 7 seasons.
gordie is a legend & so is beatts.
Good to see a couple of real hard men having a barney.
maybe they got fired up after the fight yesterday morning.

lodown

Juniors
Hahahahah thats awesome.

Tallis's choke hold on Kent says it all, try and put that on Beattie :lol:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Gordon will have a judicaiary problem I think.
That choke hold could almost be classified as assault. he was strangling him & he was trying to get away.
He also head slams beattie when he was getting up to play the ball.
He broke every rule on the head slam rule.

Nullajet

Juniors
Gee, is this the same Tallis, who cracked McDougall over the head after he scored a try in the origin not so long ago???

That was a weak as piss cowardly act out of pure frustration and spite..... Im with Beattie....what a sook Tallis is becoming.....quit Gordie if you can't cop it anymore

typical broncos whinger......it never ends up here

Yes Nullajet he has certainly done alot of cowardly actions in his career.
Well the good judges notice it.

Amateur keyboard jockeys with mental problems see fairies at the bottom of the garden.............

lolesi

First Grade
To tough players having a dig, i like it, and im sure they will both sit down next time they see each other and have a beer and a laugh, tough, but both down to earth blokes.

(cept for how much beatie wants on the new contract)

:)

Macca

Coach
Ha ha ha ha ha, Beatts. You should have dropped him when you had the chance. Stevo threw one at that Fanta pants imposter and gave you the perfect opportunity.

fatshark

Bench
Tallis's choke hold on Kent says it all, try and put that on Beattie
Hes a bloody hypocrite like punhing out Ross for no reason.
Gordy did have a strong game though.
Jeez he gave it to the ref though mentioning he f**king missed something done field and their f**king doing this ..

millersnose

Post Whore
i thought it was a bit odd that gordy didnt go at beattie when he had the chance

hmmm why the hesitation?

Kiwi

First Grade
Dragon Slayer said:
If you watch Tallis closely you'll notice he steers well clear of the bigger guys. He'll bully the smaller backs like Hodgson in the SOO but he's missing in action to take on the big fellas.

He's a coward!

Yeah Ben Ross is a little bloke, That pom he nailed `was a little bloke, Teryy Hill was a little bloke

lease note the sarcasm

millersnose

Post Whore
agree with kiwi

gordy is no shrinking violet

and he was entitled to throw hodgson over the sideline

however it seems to me he wasnt keen to take beattie on