What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Belinda Sleeman set to become first female NRL referee

Quicksilver

Bench
Are there any other interactions you have with employees at a particular establishment where you pay for a service, they get something wrong and you scream abuse at them at the top of your lungs?

I go off at the library staff all the time.

A library and an NRL game are pretty much the same environment.

Quicksilver

Bench
Individual refs don't decide the interpretations. The NRL changes rules and gives orders to ref based on the entertainment factor. They tried reffing to the rule book at the start of last year and everyone sooked about it.

I didn’t.

And Andrew Johns and Gus Gould aren’t everybody.

There’s no point of a rule book if you’re just going to freestyle anyway.

If I’m at a game and there’s a decision I don’t like I’m going to boo it. I paid my money, I’ll register my dissatisfaction.

Thanks.

bileduct

Coach
If I’m at a game and there’s a decision I don’t like I’m going to boo it. I paid my money, I’ll register my dissatisfaction.

Thanks.
Wait up, you're just booing at refs?

Why were you getting defensive over Springs09 previous comments which were clearly describing individuals who aren't just booing at refs, but are instead unleashing torrents of verbal abuse at them? You're not actually defending those people, are you?

Quicksilver

Bench
Wait up, you're just booing at refs?

Why were you getting defensive over Springs09 previous comments which were clearly describing individuals who aren't just booing at refs, but are instead unleashing torrents of verbal abuse at them? You're not actually defending those people, are you?

I sometimes say “awwwww come on sir” and the like. So, yes.

Iafeta

Referee
Bob Katter... what a reptile that bloke is.

I hope Belinda goes out and has a great game. Frankly we need some good referees irrespective of their gender.

Belinda Sharpe will referee this Thursday night's NRL game which will be telecast on Channel 9 and Fox for the world to see..

Belinda Sharpe is an amazing woman, and definitely streets ahead of Belinda Sleeman as a referee. That is why the NRL has seen the light and reversed their decision to have Belinda Sleeman referee the game.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Women shouldn’t be refereeing a mans game. According to Bob anyway.

you really need to source allegations like that, or dont post it

unsourced allegations like that normally get deleted and its why we have moderators to protect the site from litigation

'You bloody sheila': Bob Katter's bizarre rant on why women shouldn't referee rugby league games leaves a Today show host stunned
  • Bob Katter said women should not be able to referee rugby league on Tuesday
  • In a bizarre interview on The Today Show the MP claimed 'nothing is sacred'
  • The first NRL female referee, Belinda Sharpe, will make her debut on Thursday
By BRETT LACKEY FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA

Bob Katter's bizarre rant on why women should not be able to referee rugby league games has left a Today Show host stunned.

The Queensland MP was asked about his thoughts on Belinda Sharpe being selected as the first woman to referee an NRL game.

Mr Katter gave a roundabout response, saying that 'nothing was sacred'.

Bizarre moment Bob Katter rants on why women shouldn't referee

The bizarre comments made on The Today Show on Tuesday morning left host Allison Langdon (pictured) stunned

He detailed how he had complained about the refereeing from the crowd during the North Queensland Cowboys' first semi-final appearance in 2004.

'He was a sheila, there was no doubt about it. I kept shouting from the stands ''You sheila, you bloody sheila'',' Mr Katter said.

He then followed that up with detailing some of his football injuries.

'I can't help but make the comment if you looked at photos of me when I was much younger I was very handsome but now my nose droops and goes sideways and one of my eyebrows droops,' Mr Katter said.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ves-Today-host-stunned.html?ito=rss-flipboard

Grapple

Bench
Good for her. For too long this game for men has been not only played by men, but usually ruled by men too and this simply has to change. The time for a talented, and a good looking woman to enforce the rule of law is NOW. She is courageous and gorgeous, and deserves to be respected just as other good looking women in power deserve to be. Good luck, Babe!