What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Belinda Sleeman set to become first female NRL referee

Smack

Coach
Can't wait to see her and badger in the same game. Why the f**k would they put her with the worst ref in such a historic game?

A brilliant refereeing performance by Belinda Sharpe. No male referee could have kept up with the play, and kept up a steady stream of instructions to the players, the way that she did. Thank heavens that it was her and not the insufferable Belinda Sleeman making the calls last night.

Meth

Staff member
Hope she referees the game well. I don't care if a referee is Male, Female or undecided. The only thing that matters is what happens on the field.

I don’t mind male or female, but let’s not have an ‘undecided’- imagine the wait if we had them in adjudicating in the bunker

Grapple

Bench
I heard she did a great job.
Awesome news for the future of the game and to balance out the male patriarchy.

Having said that, are any sexy pix from last night?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Sharpe was a bit un-noticed last night which tells you she did a good performance, no dud calls or over the top penalties.

Some people were complaining about the penalty count, I swear the amount of penalties has been the same in one half for some games.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Just here to see how many times Albert can make the same unfunny joke about Sharpe's surname having changed in the off-season and that it continues to be ignored.

Belinda Sharpe wasn't just good, she was outstanding. She put the male referee in her shadow. She was there and had the guts to call a try without referring it to the bunker. The players followed her instructions without any dissent.

The NRL also dodged a bullet by not allowing Belinda Sleeman to referee the game. Having Belinda Sleeman referee would have been a disaster to everyone other than Sleeman's toady, Chris de Silva.

Sphagnum

Coach
Hard not to look like a star when you're paired up with that absolute f**ken cretin Cummins.

Let's see how she goes when partnered with a good ref like perenara...

Latest posts