What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bellamy to retire after current contract

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne...ms-rush-hour-this-will-be-his-final-contract/

Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy has told Triple M’s Rush Hour on Thursday that he will call it quits at the end of his current contract.
Bellamy is in the first year of a three-year deal that expires at the end of 2016.

When asked by James Brayshaw if he would consider coaching another team eventually, Bellamy replied: “Not at this stage. I’ve still got a few years to go in this contract here and I think when that contract finishes that that’ll be the end of me as well.”
“Without a doubt.”
Bellamy turned down a huge deal at the start of last year from St George Illawarra before re-signing with the Storm.
The 54-year-old is easily the Storm’s greatest ever coach having guided the side to three premierships – although the club were stripped of two of them due to salary cap rorting.

VERY odd decision, I would've thought. He'll be almost 57 by the time he retires, and that is a very young age for a coach to leave the game. Perhaps the salary cap scandal cut him deeper than he let on publicly.

Snappy

Coach
Its a high pressure, high stress job. He'd be pretty well set up financially. Why not put ya feet up and take it easy. I would.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Maybe he has just made too much money already?

Haters will hate, but geez he got maximum out of a lot of average players.

Good luck to him.

axl rose

Bench
Abandon ship. But he will pop up again somewhere for a 'challenge' as long as there is six or seven internationals on the roster.

_Johnsy

Referee
Didn't have the balls to really see what he had by coaching away for the big 3.

Shame really, he had an opportunity to test himself. Therefore Bellamy = myth of a coach.