What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hornby, ready to make his double century

W.B.2.S.O.S

Juniors
The most capped player for the Joint Venture and the current captain, Ben Hornby, will be playing his 195th game this sunday against the warriors. If my maths are correct, then he will get to 200 (as long as he is free from injury) in round 25 against the bunnies.

If i was I was playing first grade, I could not think of a better place to play my 200th game than Jubilee Oval. Wendell Sailor played his there, Hazem El Masri notched up 300 at the same ground. We are playing there in rd 26 only one week later.

My question is; DO YOU THINK BEN HORNBY SHOULD SIT OUT FOR A WEEK SO THAT HE COULD PLAY HIS 200th @ WIN JUBILEE, KOGARAH?

If so - Which round?
-Who will replace him?
If not - Why?

Although it'd be a nice finish to the season - minor premiership, 200th game, captain, etc, etc - it won't happen.

We could definitely handle it with our depth, but nothing wrong with notching up 200 games at ANZ. Hornby is the ultimate team player (and captain) - he'd never sit out a game by choice.

Last edited:
When you told me this last night I was shocked...why would we sit our half back out for a week so he can play his 200th at kogarah? who cares!!!!

tevoro

First Grade
Let him play his 200th against the Broncos, then we'll celebrate it (and the minor premiership) at Kogarah the week after. No harm in that!

Latest posts