What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ben hornby = useless

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacklock

Juniors
cant kick...
cant run....
cant strategically put his foot over the line before the kickoff when the kick is going long...
cant stay on his f ing feet to give us a good first set. has to stumble over himself....
fantastic.

redvwhite

Juniors
His best is behind him and offers very little. Unfortunate lack of recruitment in the off season.Should have seen this coming. Called it at the end of last year myself.

league

Juniors
f**k him right off, dumb f**king player. Yes we won a competition with him but he should have been replaced last year when he performed terribly.

Why does he continue to choose to receive the ball in ET?

hewi

Bench
Why do we receive the ball from the kick off in ET, bleeding obvious, so we can lose!!!

redvwhite

Juniors
It would be nice seeing him step down rather than axed. Unlikely I know.

But here was a game where he, as the experience player, needed to step up. Many other experienced player did that for us today but he was making errors and offering nothing.

hewi

Bench
I am so upset. By my reckoning we have 16 rounds with 2 byes , so we need to win 9 games out of 14 (due to our lousy F/A). Can we do it. Not with the present team. Time for some changes.

They don't deserve to be in the 8 they won't make it imo and if they sneak it they will just make up the numbers.

Price needs to get evaluated at the end of the year if they fail to win at least 50% of the games then he should be sacked.

Bring back choc

Juniors
Ahhh.. Callig gypsy, calling Godzilla...

How does it feel to miss the 8?

Pathetic. The young forwards tried hard but unfortunately we have been slipped back in to the dare I say it... "choker style" team.

Very poor

redvwhite

Juniors
Coastal, I have to agree regarding Price though it may sound harsh. It is fair.

We are a proud club that expect those with authority to make professional decisions and the Doust/Price combination is accepting of mediocrity right now by their sluggishness to seek out a half and replacements for the talent and experience we've lost, and Price has been very poor to react to the lack of ball control from players and playing players way out of position when he had recruited with a separate plan.

A lot of money and time being wasted.

That said, happy with the effort today but we'd lost before kickoff in many ways.

Old_Timer

Juniors
There are no simple fixes for the position we find ourselves in. Certainly Ben's form is not what it was. But while our forwards performed a tad better than I expected today, we lack any real punch in the department. True it was not one of Ben's better games. He is going to have to do some real soul searching re his value to the team at this point of time given our depleted forward depth. I trust whatever his decision, it will be in both the club's best interest and our recollection of Ben Hornby as an outstanding Dragons Captain. Hopefully he will make the right call.

Dan Hunt isn't the issue its the halves and their lack of vision.

This is what you get when you have a rookie coach and a manufactured half as soon as Bennett left they should have got one ie James Maloney.

Soward also is pritty poor today he did some good things and then some really dumb things as soon as his contract is up he'll move on and I won't be that disappointed.

st.phil

Bench
He is struggling - would love to see kyle to 5/8th and chase to the centres but it just wont happen.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
Hornby should of left for England after we won the comp! Vidot seriously WTF??? And our coach, seriously is anyone surprised by our results...

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
His best is behind him and offers very little. Unfortunate lack of recruitment in the off season.Should have seen this coming. Called it at the end of last year myself.
you guys hung me out to dry when I said so also last year.
his past his best but deserves to finish the year.

Bring back choc

Juniors
For the first time ever.. I agree. Hornby is finished. Young is finished. And copper not far off. Kyle Stanley at centre is embarrassing. Boy o boy.
Talk about the most important 2 points of the year!!!!

F@$k!!!!!!

Old_Timer

Juniors
Price only has a two year contract. Should our current level of performance become our new hallmark, his coaching career in the NRL will be a short one. Time will undoubtly force his hand to make radical decisions should we not lift our game. He needs to finish this season with a reinvigorated team, else next year will be a mirror image of this one and his head squarely on the chopping block. Does anyone envy him?

Status
Not open for further replies.