What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ben hornby = useless

Status
Not open for further replies.

redvwhite

Juniors
The protective force-field around Horby by many on this site has weakened, with many finally seeing the light.

I am a Hornby fan, don't get me wrong. He is a Dragons champion but he is doing the damage to his own reputation.

Price, Can you see the light?

Drewbrees

Juniors
This loss had nothing to do with Steve Price. Costly errors by Vidon"t and Stanley going into touch late in the game were the reason we lost. This loss is toatally on the players not the coach. Why the firetruck would you want to put Vidon"t into the centres Geez.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
f**k me...Hornby hits the winning field goal and all of a sudden he is the hero....geez some supporters are fickle

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
This loss had nothing to do with Steve Price. Costly errors by Vidon"t and Stanley going into touch late in the game were the reason we lost. This loss is toatally on the players not the coach. Why the firetruck would you want to put Vidon"t into the centres Geez.
here here and the right centre please

possm

Coach
Yea the writing was on the wall before season kick off. Carney was cheap and available but Doust wouldn't foot the bill and Price wouldn't step up to the challange - water under the bridge.

Now its time to give Hornby a rest, replace Vidot and make some serious team changes. I have been saying for a while:

1. Goodwin
2. Morris
3. Cooper
4. Chase Stanley
5. Nightingale
6. Soward
7. Kyle Stanley

Forwards were not too bad and will be better when Creagh and Merrin come back from SOO.

Swap Kemp for Jennings and put him at right centre.

How about our players learn from their mistakes and don't repeat the same ones week in week out.
How about our coaching staff identify these mistakes and do something about them e.g. Vidot still carries the ball loosley, can't catch the high ball and has wrong reads in defence.

That's the best we can do for 2012.

For 2013, buy Pearce and the Stewart Bros. I can't really say yet if we need to repace the coach but if nothing like the above is done immediately, then I say we should replace him for next year.

possm

Coach

The coach selects the players for each game and Vidot has being making the same errors game after game. Hornby has been playing badly in most games since mid last year. He needs to forget about personal wants and glory and retire for the good of the team. Missed tackles, poor kicks, lack of speed and poor passes.

Stanley is a light weight centre and time and time again his inside men pass him the hospital pass on the short side with nowhere to move. The coach should have pulled all concerned aside by now and told them not to do this however, they are first graders and should know better anyway.

possm

Coach
Possum
Pearce and the Stewarts are all under contract.

Are you sure? If so who is available for next year?
Tony Williams from Manly
Jennings from Penrith - maybe even for the rest of this year
We need a good halfback - Stanley or King will do for the rest of the year but really we need a good solid top notch halfback. A game breaker with speed and class.

blacklock

Juniors
He didn't but you can't say that he is useless
actually you can.

an inglis or a slater would have been mindful of their position on the field. kneel down with a leg outstretched and simply touch the ball so we have a penalty from half way.

instead.... he attempts to catch it in the field of play and because he is so close to the dead ball line, stumbles around... SLOWLY returns the ball with no urgency.

I dont fault him for missing a field goal. everyone can miss those and shit happens.

however...off a kickoff where the players are set in anticipation of receiving the ball in the most critical of situations, a senior player is meant to handle it well.

either the ball is going long ie make a play for the penalty or its not going long...in which case you have all the time in the world to get your body behind the ball, keep your feet and run out hard.

he did none of the above. we got pinned down and with good field position they got on top.

so yes... we are allowed to criticise him on that if not for his average input during regular time.

64 Dragon

Coach
f**k him right off, dumb f**king player. Yes we won a competition with him but he should have been replaced last year when he performed terribly.

Why does he continue to choose to receive the ball in ET?

That's a bit strong! He has been a great player for us. He deserves better than to be described like that by a knob like you.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
actually you can.

an inglis or a slater would have been mindful of their position on the field. kneel down with a leg outstretched and simply touch the ball so we have a penalty from half way.

instead.... he attempts to catch it in the field of play and because he is so close to the dead ball line, stumbles around... SLOWLY returns the ball with no urgency.

I dont fault him for missing a field goal. everyone can miss those and shit happens.

however...off a kickoff where the players are set in anticipation of receiving the ball in the most critical of situations, a senior player is meant to handle it well.

either the ball is going long ie make a play for the penalty or its not going long...in which case you have all the time in the world to get your body behind the ball, keep your feet and run out hard.

he did none of the above. we got pinned down and with good field position they got on top.

so yes... we are allowed to criticise him on that if not for his average input during regular time.

Yeah you know exactly what Inglis or Slater would have done :crazy:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Geez, just got home ...couldnt watch the game but thought I,d watch the replay later...from the comments Ive just read on here I dont think I will bother...last score I got was we were up by 12..another gut wrenching 1 point loss....mmmm this stretch of games was when we were supposed to make up our for and against....scary part is cant see much changing next season either.....what I cant get my head around is our apparent lack of recruitment now and in the future......

blacklock

Juniors
Geez, just got home ...couldnt watch the game but thought I,d watch the replay later...from the comments Ive just read on here I dont think I will bother...last score I got was we were up by 12..another gut wrenching 1 point loss....mmmm this stretch of games was when we were supposed to make up our for and against....scary part is cant see much changing next season either.....what I cant get my head around is our apparent lack of recruitment now and in the future......
save yourself the aspirin ;)

Louiethefly

Juniors
Chase to centres uppercut worthy? Some serious brain power humming in this forum ce soir.

I don't understand all the hate for Chase here, I watched him play for the Cutters on Fox and he played really well, maybe not as defensively solid as Kyle, but a lot more pace, footwork and strength.

64 Dragon

Coach
For what it's worth, the game was won and lost on Jamie's shot for goal from 45 metres out. What we should have done was keep the pressure on and kick for touch. If we don't score a try, kick the field goal then. One point is as good as two. The pressure would have been back on them. We didn't really get close enough after that.

All this is said in hindsight, obviously.

I will be very interested in Price's selections next week against Parra, who will be very hard to beat. Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.