What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt: The Losing Machine

God-King Dean

Immortal
Norman is the main focus of Dragon fans ire. He's definitely has to be moved on, as he's not worth his price tag. I just see him as a serviceable 5/8th.

But he hasn't been as bad as made out to be. Meanwhile, Hunt has escaped from any major scrutiny.

Honesty, wtf is wrong with this guy. I've never seen a half take the wrong option so often. For 4 years this guy has been kicking on the 2nd/3rd tackle and giving possession away. Has it ever come off? Legit. Ever? And when it's the 5th, when he should be kicking, he just does a short ball to a 2nd rower, and give it back to the opposition. It's bizarre.

But he'll have a blinder against a pack of plodders, and all is forgiven. Its Widdop all over again.

Again, Norman is just serviceable, not worth the pricetag - but I've never seen him as a liability. Hunt IS a liability. He's fair dinkum losing us games.

Old Timer

Coach
Norman is the main focus of Dragon fans ire. He's definitely has to be moved on, as he's not worth his price tag. I just see him as a serviceable 5/8th.

But he hasn't been as bad as made out to be. Meanwhile, Hunt has escaped from any major scrutiny.

Honesty, wtf is wrong with this guy. I've never seen a half take the wrong option so often. For 4 years this guy has been kicking on the 2nd/3rd tackle and giving possession away. Has it ever come off? Legit. Ever? And when it's the 5th, when he should be kicking, he just does a short ball to a 2nd rower, and give it back to the opposition. It's bizarre.

But he'll have a blinder against a pack of plodders, and all is forgiven. Its Widdop all over again.

Again, Norman is just serviceable, not worth the pricetag - but I've never seen him as a liability. Hunt IS a liability. He's fair dinkum losing us games.
Widdop all over again????

Hunt isn’t fit to carry Widdop’s bag for him.

When Widdop came he had none of the hype that Hunt had nor the price tag he was seen as the option due to coming out of the Storm system more than anything else.

Hunt came as a fully established rep player with a huge if not the biggest price tag for a half ever and was seen as the missing link and touted as the messiah.

Widdop without a doubt gave his all each and every game and whilst he did make mistakes he could certainly light up the paddock and get us a win off his own bat.

Illusion

Bench
Said before many times Hunt is here for another year or so , he tries hard but not a 7 that can close out a game when needed ...... So Macca apart from his tackling offers zero in attack ..... Easy for oppositions to defend , one less thing to worry for them ..... Move Hunt to 9 where in my opinion plays better with less pressure for him ..... Then need to chase a 7 that can do what a half should be doing ( Reynolds ) type .........

Dragon David

First Grade
He’s serviceable too, that’s the issue. His price tag is the number 1 reason we are in a mess in my opinion. I do believe he’ll be moved on once his contract is up unless he signs for less. Million dollar halfbacks control games.
Young Sam Walker is doing plenty for the Roosters. Even Luke Brooks is starting to play a better brand of footy nowadays. Hunt was well and truly outplayed by Averillo yesterday.

It just goes to show that whilst Hunt can be serviceable as a halfback, he too is rocks and diamonds, like Dufty.

We are seeing the shortcomings more and more of our spine which has not had consistency with any good form over a continuing period. This area definitely needs improving with the right players appointed to those positions - where they are is a big guess.

thebigredv

First Grade
He goes alright but he is definitely not a winner. When you look to players to get us winning it is only fair to go to those with the biggest price tag, but as we know we are weak all over the park so generally everyone gets away with it at this club. He's still around for a while so I think he needs to be part of plans whether at 7 or 9. Still our best halfback since Hornby but not worth the coin.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
A good player not great. Unfortunately eating a large chunk of salary for another 18 months. 2023 will be a good year for the dragons. Ramsey, Amone, Sullivan, Feagai's all need first grade experience before they will shine brightly

dungay dragon

Juniors
A good player not great. Unfortunately eating a large chunk of salary for another 18 months. 2023 will be a good year for the dragons. Ramsey, Amone, Sullivan, Feagai's all need first grade experience before they will shine brightly
It amazes me on here that Vaughan seems to escape scrutiny compared to others
this guy is our most experienced forward , rep player , giant of a man that goes down soft and wouldnt bruise a banana. on good coin and has been cruising over the past few years since he was dumped from reps .
just perhaps he should be read the riot act as well .....

God-King Dean

Immortal
Widdop all over again????

Hunt isn’t fit to carry Widdop’s bag for him.

When Widdop came he had none of the hype that Hunt had nor the price tag he was seen as the option due to coming out of the Storm system more than anything else.

Hunt came as a fully established rep player with a huge if not the biggest price tag for a half ever and was seen as the missing link and touted as the messiah.

Widdop without a doubt gave his all each and every game and whilst he did make mistakes he could certainly light up the paddock and get us a win off his own bat.

Lol Widdop was shit house, and just as bad as Hunt.
Was equally as obsessed with kicking on the 3rd for no reason

'could light up the paddock'

Yes. Against the Titans.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Young Sam Walker is doing plenty for the Roosters. Even Luke Brooks is starting to play a better brand of footy nowadays. Hunt was well and truly outplayed by Averillo yesterday.

It just goes to show that whilst Hunt can be serviceable as a halfback, he too is rocks and diamonds, like Dufty.

We are seeing the shortcomings more and more of our spine which has not had consistency with any good form over a continuing period. This area definitely needs improving with the right players appointed to those positions - where they are is a big guess.
Yeah when I say serviceable I mean at best. He’s had his best year to date but he’s still not the Alfie Langer like player we thought we were getting.

Ted bartolo

Juniors
First 4 games of this year our forwards were dominating and making opposition think and Hunt was at his best.I dont know why it's changed.

scottyt92

Juniors
Its like everyone thinks it takes 1 day to make a dream team.
They are looking at our JRs.
Moving hunt to number 9 within 2 years.
Jayden suliven should be ready by then.
Jr Amone is getting some game time.
And have you not seen the fullbacks we have?
Dufty is to much money i get his a good player and been here since a jr but still its a business.
Hunt will play like cameron smith did just directing the team.
Get a few big bodies and were in top 4 for the next 5 years.