What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt

Gareth67

First Grade
tenor.gif

Don’t go worrying yourself Johnny , after all the professor looks more like a politician ( and we all know you can’t trust a word that comes from their mouth ) whereas the other character looks very similar to Paul Kent .

giboz71

First Grade
Fingers crossed and from what I saw last year, Clune will do more than just filling in until Benny returns.

I'm looking forward to see were we are on Ben's return as a club.

Yes its nice to have some depth for a change.

I had fear like many others that the roster wasn't up to scratch, but here we are in Round 4 losing our 2 best players, and we can still roll out a decent team. I give us a big hope of winning this weekend.

And I certainly back Clune to do the job (given the FG games under his belt). Much better than the days we had to have guys like Darren Nichols and Drew Hutchison have to fill in. Oh and of course JDB.

Oh and I'm backing Corey to have a big game this weekend, Its a contract year for him so these are usually the games he will stand up when he's the main man.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If Sullivan was not injured he would be best to fill in. Clune is ok but has had the odd error or 2 in him a game especially when it comes to throwing intercept passes. This would be the perfect chance for Sullivan to show how good he will be unfortunately the poor bugger is injured. Can't wait to see this kid play more in the halves.

Maddragon99

Juniors
The Sydney Morning Herald the extent of the pain he endured.

Watch The 2021 NRL Telstra Premiership Live & On-Demand with No Ad-Breaks During Play. New to Kayo? > Get your 14-day free trial now & start streaming instantly >

placeholder.jpg

“Everyone’s one-to-10 pain rating is different, but I’d give it a seven or eight,” Hunt told The Sydney Morning Herald.

“It really hurt but it wasn’t like, ‘get me off here’. A few people have asked me [how it felt]. I was hurting, but it was also manageable and I was trying to stay focused on the actual game.

“I could still put weight on it and get around reasonably well - I wasn’t flying, but I thought it was just bone bruising or a cork with some shooting pain down the calf.

“I had a little bone break in my ankle when I was younger, but it was nothing like this. I figured if I had broken my leg, I wouldn’t be able to stand on the leg at all.

MORE NRL NEWS

BARRETT’S DILEMMA: Bulldogs revamp failing early - what has gone wrong?

PRESSURE GAUGE: Roosters injury crisis, Payten’s $2m Cowboys roster hole

‘UNDER THREAT’: NRL clubs concerns over emerging player ‘welfare’ in 18th man

“The doctor put some numbing cream on it, then I got on the bike and sat on that nearly all of half-time to keep the legs ticking over. It wasn’t much fun running around in the second half.”

The injury is a huge blow for Hunt who was just starting to return to some of his best form under new coach Anthony Griffin, who he also worked with at the Broncos.

Hunt was man-of-the-match in a Round 2 win over the Cowboys and then helped lead the Dragons to fifth on the ladder with their win over Manly.

However Hunt will now have to watch Adam Clune fill his place for the next month at least as he plots a return to action in early May.

The Origin star revealed the only thing worse than the injury was the stick he got from his teammates before his correct diagnosis was finally revealed.

Get all the latest NRL news, highlights and analysis delivered straight to your inbox with Fox Sports Sportmail. Sign up now!!!

“Trying to sleep on Friday night was rough, and when I went to recovery on Saturday morning all the boys were into me because they thought it was just a cork and I was on crutches,” Hunt said.

“Once I went for the scans they found the fracture. I’m in a moonboot now for a couple of weeks and basically have to keep the weight off.

“But I don’t need surgery and the timeframe they’ve given me to return is four to six weeks. There’s nothing we can do and we have to let it heal itself.

“It’s definitely a bugger because personally I felt like I was hitting my straps, and the boys were coming together really well, but that’s the way footy goes. Every team has their share of injuries. It’s my turn at the moment.”

The Dragons take on the Knights in Round 3 at McDonald Jones Stadium with a win potentially catapulting them into the top four if other results go their way.

Last edited:

Maddragon99

Juniors
cb99b32d552c5bd183a41cf7257b298b

Ben Hunt is recovering from a fracture in his right leg.
Injured Dragons skipper Ben Hunt has opened up on the pain of playing 71 minutes of St George Illawarra’s win over the Sea Eagles with a broken leg.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Go Ben. Absolute joke how the NRL have caved into the medias crisis merchants in Buzz and co. and rushed through this dramatic overcorrection that has lessen the end product.

Obviously as a Dragons fan I'm happy this year, but as a footy fan, the overall quality of games is lower and the players injuries won't be able to be ignored forever.

Dragon David

First Grade
yep resting in bed with a broken leg just took on a whole new experience

Is Ben's wife wearing his business shirt ?

i wasnt expecting that interview
Certainly a different way to wear a shirt. Ben's home life is taken care of and I'm sure his wife is helping with his recuperation. You've got it made Ben but don't get used to the home treatment as we need you back on the field.

Latest posts