What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Ikin Tribute Thread

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here's a thread to post your favourite Ben Ikin f**k ups and moments of stupidity.

In the Titans game in Round 1 he said
"His lights opened up like dinner plates"

In the Round 3 game on Friday night when talking about the football he said
"He kicked the backside off it"

Feel free to abuse the living sh*t out of Ikin here too if you want.

JW

Coach
"His lights opened up like dinner plates"

One of my favourites. He tries, Benny, but that's about it. The only bloke that is a chance of keeping him off the bottom of commentary pile is big Gordie.

How about his comment before round 3 match between Cowboys & Broncos,
"this is 2 of the best teams in QLD playing"

Not hard there is only 3 teams

mepelthwack

Juniors
Any time he or anyone else for that matter talks up the 'local derby' between Broncos and Cowboys, despite the fact EVERY Sydney team is closer to Brisbane than the Cows.

Brycey

Juniors
Give the guy a break, I think he has improved a hell of a lot, I can actually stand him now. Glad someone tapped him on the shoulder and told him to give the 'believe you me' thing a rest.

Brutus

Referee
I'd rather to listen to a crusty sh*t commentate than Tallis.

He is embarrassing.

Estoboy

Juniors
He has been known to drop the old "Its a game of two halves"

and didn't he say something along the lines of "the team that plays the stronger game will take home two points"

S.R.

Juniors
Tallis is funny.
I love listening to him!

Even better is his nervous twitch / head wobble that he has going on every time he's on camera!!

OuTkAsT

Juniors
Believe you me i can't stand Ikin, but he would have to be on par with joey.. he is woeful!

bjm8

Juniors
Tallis was on fire last night, came up with some crackey one liners, something along the lines of "muuuurr thurrssston aatrurrr faaar turre burr"

jamesgould

Juniors
How about last year - Ikin's pick for Queensland winger? Shannon Hegarty!!! The other Sunday Footy Show panelists just looked at him in disbelief. And I think someone asked him if he was serious.

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
Believe you me i can't stand Ikin, but he would have to be on par with joey.. he is woeful!

agreed completely his comments from the sideline in the parra vs newcastle game wer shocking and completely stating the obvious. On the sunday footy show he seems so awquad when asking questions, i think he seemed so much more relaxed when being interviewed rather than the other way around.

Latest posts