What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Rogers to join the dragons this year

Mr Red

First Grade
The second I saw that, I thought "Goodbye, Webby". Could be a great signing with the extra attacking threat he'll give us, I like it for a gamble.

hope you are right - Webb is dead wood.
has lifted his game in the last 2 weeks to something that resembles a first grader - but that always happens when contract negotiations kick in doesnt it.....
after that he hasnt got much to offer the club long term

bazookabarry

Juniors
the more bens the better! as long as they can play, don't know much about this bloke but at least he's not old.

marty_dragon

Juniors
id rather rogers then webb (although he has been putting on some text book tackles over the last few weeks) but then id rather setu than rogers and webb , and if i was goin to choose an oldie id take reynoldson!

Vince

Juniors
Ben Rogers is only joining the club until the end of this season, so I'm not sure what will happen to him afterward. I'm guessing that unless he becomes a hero for the rest of the season he will be out the door nearly as quick as he came in!

Godz Illa

Coach
Being a bit hard on Stuart Webb in here. He does a lot of important clean up work in defence that may go unnoticed, but makes a big difference to the rest of the pack - particularly to the offensive output of the backrowers Scott and Creagh. Since Webb started wearing the 13 (the Manly game) and getting decent match time both these two guys have gone to another level, due simply to not having to do as much work in defence. Webb has some impressive defensive stats for his minutes, and he hits hard more often than not.

v Manly 50 mins 29 tackles
v Souths 42 mins 26 tackles
v Brisbane 50 mins 22 tackles

Cagey Mac

Bench
Hear hear! Godz Illa he (Webb) tackles like a bigger Lincoln Withers and is settling in
I still think Rogers is an option at 9
The observation on Creagh and Scott is an excellent one, I note that Scotts mistake rate and tendency to give away penalties has also diminished of late
Very good call!

Jono1987

Juniors
Personally i believe Rogers can offer a lot to our team at Lock. He has more ball playing ability than Webb and Reynoldson but does not posses the same rugged defense. However with Young out there at starting hooker i believe this is an afforded liability. So long as we keep Rangi as his contract is up at the end of this year. Anyway my biggest concern with Rogers is not that he is purely a confidence player, more so he seems to lack the fitness that is required of a first grade footballer. If he can fix this side of his football up i think we might be bidding farewell to both Webb and Reynoldson with players like Mundine comming through.

stg666

Juniors
the moment mundine can lose those extra kilos i would have him in first grade. if we keep him out of the picture for 2 or 3 years we will lose him to others. next year hopefully.

Godz Illa

Coach
Matt Mundine doesn't need to be transformed into a super athlete to cut it in the NRL. The kid has a touch of the Cliff Lyons/Jason Smith about him, where he seems to conjure time with the ball. A bit of extra strength and fitness sure, but that will come with a move into full-time professionalism. He's still only 18.