What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Ross out for 6

innsaneink

Referee
Ben Ross hit for six
July 21, 2004

PENRITH Panthers forward Ben Ross was suspended for six games after being found guilty of a grade three dangerous throw by the NRL judiciary tonight.

Ross was banned for his role in a tackle on Canberra's Jason Croker in their last round 42-8 win over the Raiders at Penrith Stadium.

Ross had the charge successfully reduced from a grade four offence which would have carried an eight-week ban.

But Ross was also facing a grade two striking charge tonight and faced a further three match ban if found guilty.

Foxsports.

stoof

Juniors
Ross got 6 for the throw and 3 for the striking charge which has ruled him out for the rest of the year

Pantherjim.

Referee
Oh well, better than 8 I guess.

Rest easy Ben!

Pantherjim.

Campbell,P-4040201L.jpg

Pantherjim.

Referee
That is such Bullsh*t! There was nothing in the striking charge! It was an involuntary flinch of the elbow! Archer didn't even put it on report!!

I think they're just getting tough on Ben and making an example of him because of what that idiot Williams did!

Campbell,P-4040201L.jpg

Booyah

Bench
Pantherjim. said:
That is such Bullsh*t! There was nothing in the striking charge! It was an involuntary flinch of the elbow! Archer didn't even put it on report!!

I think they're just getting tough on Ben and making an example of him because of what that idiot Williams did!

Campbell,P-4040201L.jpg

Just another judicial bungle. Greg Bird got 3 weeks for a solid legal tackle on Carmont, whilst Hindmarsh and Fitzgibbon got away with it scot-free.

Big Mick

Referee
Just bullshit.

Fitzgibbon and Hindmarsh spear Slater.

Fintzgibbon as he comes down gives slater a good old forearm to the head.

Slater gonskies for the rest of the game practically.

They get nothing.

Ross gets 6, plus a bullshit 3 week striking charge

Thats f**ked.

OVP

Coach
Big Mick said:
Just bullsh*t.

They get nothing.

Ross gets 6, plus a bullsh*t 3 week striking charge

Thats f***ed.

No it was Hindmarsh with the elbow/forearm ... and it missed totally.

Plus it was an origin game, where much greater leniency is expected.

Mick ... you seriously need to lie down or you'll give yourself an aneurysm.

Big Mick

Referee
OVP, have another look, and this time in slow motion mate.

Yeah Hindmarsh had a crack and missed, put look at fitzgibbons forearm, lands solely on slaters neck and then pushes up to the face.

Have another look and tell me i'm wrong.

PB

Bench
Fitzy (as good a bloke as he is), gets away with murder every week. Number one flopper in the game! Gould and Sticky whinge about Morley's bad reputation costing him, but they don't complain about Fitz's good reputation allowing him to come in late on tackles constantly during 80 minutes of football!!

As for Ross, that striking charge was a joke, just a bad read by the tackler, and considering the number of players who lead with raised knees, this is stupid!

A good defence though on the dangerous throw, taking the early plea on Clinton, then suggesting that his role in the tackle was greater and Ross's less.

Mark Rudd

Juniors
Just bullsh*t.

They get nothing.

Ross gets 6, plus a bullsh*t 3 week striking charge

Thats f***ed.

Ah! Somebody finally agree's with me.

skeepe

Immortal
Pantherjim. said:
Oh well, better than 8 I guess.

Are you just talking about the tackle charge? If so, he would have only had 6 weeks if he pleaded guilty in the first place. It's the same result really.

Latest posts