What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Ross out for 6

Pantherjim.

Referee
skeepe said:
Pantherjim. said:
Oh well, better than 8 I guess.

Are you just talking about the tackle charge? If so, he would have only had 6 weeks if he pleaded guilty in the first place. It's the same result really.

No...

I posted my response while Stoof was posting:

Stoof said:
Ross got 6 for the throw and 3 for the striking charge which has ruled him out for the rest of the year

Originally I thought that he got 6 weeks for both dangerous throw and striking charges combined (the latter of which I thought was bullsh*t anyway) And at the time, I was thinking "there we go, If he had pleaded guilty he would of got 9 weeks instead of 6. Whoever advised Ben did a good job"...

And then someone pulled me into reality .... :x

Whichever way you look at it, the striking charge was bullsh*t. Archer didn't even put it on report! And at worst the dangerous throw is worth 4 weeks, not 6!

Funny how the judiciary turns a blind eye with some, and yet comes down on others like a ton of bricks! :roll:

Pantherjim.

Campbell,P-4040201L.jpg

choc_soldier

Coach
Yet another whimsical tough stance by the NRL... just watch it fade away in the next month or so, trying project the "right message" after the Williams incident.

A player will strike an opponent like Ross did, and will get off, and another will perform a spear tackle like that and will get no more than 3...