What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Smith might be next?

jono

Juniors
Raudonikis, out of interest, who wrote the story?
Matt Logue . This whole story reads like a telecrap Parra beatup . Front Page -"Eels Outrage - Parra Stars slam coach" Then you look inside the stars are Benny and Caylo - and even then caylo doesn't seem to outraged.

I've always admired Ben Smith , always gutsy and reliable , but atm he's playing crap and needs to worry more about fixing his own game than shooting his mouth off in the media.

Raudonikis

Juniors
If Ben is on minimal money, then fine, lets keep him. However if he is on more than $100k, and doesn't perform this year, then he can go too.

I can't believe he said what was quoted above, to me that really shows that it is a split camp at the moment (pro DA, against DA).

If that is true then it doesn't bode well for season 2009.

Im pretty sure he would be on good dollars,he was in good form a couple years ago...I would think it seems the eels have been on easy street for a few years and all of a sudden the new boss comes in and says hey, its my way or the highway and it wouldnt surprise if the likes of hayne and inu wont handle the tough approach either..becoaus hey coach we played good in 2007 and got big contracts.lol

Eels Dude

Coach
Hands up! How many people in here hate their boss? How many people complain about their boss to their friends and family on occasions? And if you are a boss yourself then do you ever sit down and wonder about people complaining about you?

They're Ben Smith's thoughts, it's pretty stupid of him to tell the media but it's just a beat up really.

urban eel

Juniors
i dont think DA will dump him right away after moving him to a new position
if he struggles in the back row after a few games, then maybe he might be kicking clover down at ringrose

thedux

Juniors
Well given that its Smith and Cayless being most vocal, it seems they may be feeling the heat and figure why not get in first if their heads really are on the chopping block. Its human nature to get defensive when you're feeling threatened; they know they're playing sh*t and this is a pretty obvious sign!!

spiderdan

Bench
If Ben is on minimal money, then fine, lets keep him. However if he is on more than $100k, and doesn't perform this year, then he can go too.

I can't believe he said what was quoted above, to me that really shows that it is a split camp at the moment (pro DA, against DA).

If that is true then it doesn't bode well for season 2009.
there may be a couple of players upset at finch being told he isn't in the bigger picture but when the side starts clicking they wont care anymore.

i am glad anderson has taken this stance. the last couple of years our side played like a rabble with no accountability for their performances as we weren't far from where we wanted to be.

power to anderson. if we need to lose a few players to build and create a new culure within the club then i am not upset.

Raudonikis

Juniors
we weren't far from where we wanted to be.

Spider we all love that quote and i for 1 will never forget it and it will always bring a smile to my face

lingard

Coach
or he may try to over-call cronk and f**k up their structure big time. if that happens then it may have been $300k well spent on our part.

re: greg bird i was thinking about that the other day. as a player he is exactly what our club needs. would love to see him as a ball playing back rower at the club. depending on what happens with the speculated cleanout, if we have the funds i would love to see taylor and bird at the club.

in terms of a short term 7 matt head is probably the only decent quality player to bring to the club. if saints released him i'd imagine a similar arrangement would be made to ours with finch (ie. saints pay a big chunk of his contract and we top it up with a small figure) and how we signed joe n from souths. in all honesty i'd rather see how mortimer will step up.

1. I don`t want a cat, who`s glassed his girlfriend in the face, at Parramatta. If he comes, I`m gunna start following some other team. I`ve had it with these dick-heads.
2. As for a short-term half-back solution; give Jeff Robson a few more games - he just might be the answer. Short-term.
3. Say NO to Greg Bird. We have to draw the line somewhere.

Raudonikis

Juniors
1. I don`t want a cat, who`s glassed his girlfriend in the face, at Parramatta. If he comes, I`m gunna start following some other team. I`ve had it with these dick-heads.
2. As for a short-term half-back solution; give Jeff Robson a few more games - he just might be the answer. Short-term.
3. Say NO to Greg Bird. We have to draw the line somewhere.

Well if we dont go get him someone else will,it may as well be parra. I get where u r coming from,and lets not not forget his girl is behind him now lol...but every woman who gets bashed changes the mind in court,,,,. As i said he will look after Dan Mortimer anyway

Raudonikis

Juniors
well bird would prolly take what we were paying finchy,so who would be of more value for those dollars

oldmancraigy

Coach
I think what Anderson needs to do is come out in the papers and say "uhhhhh, well if Ben Smith had a problem he should talk to me about it. It's, uhhhhhh, disgraceful to come out in the media and talk about things uhhhhh"

At least that's how it's been handled in the past....

Raudonikis

Juniors
I think what Anderson needs to do is come out in the papers and say "uhhhhh, well if Ben Smith had a problem he should talk to me about it. It's, uhhhhhh, disgraceful to come out in the media and talk about things uhhhhh"

At least that's how it's been handled in the past....

Yep, and getting to see how DA operates id say B Smith may be on thin ice and even soon be hooking up with his former housemate in england before to long with his commemnts

hindy111

Post Whore
Greg bird id love-And i think everyone deserves a second chance-We dont know the circumstances.Ok yeah it doesnt look good but if anyone in life made a mistake we are not to give them a job? I gues we could send them to tasmaina?