What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Teo

After watching a replay of Game 3 I was impressed by Teo's defence of the QLD try-line. The guy was the key tackler in the prevention of at least 3 certain tries for NSW.

Based on that effort alone, I hope that he qualifies for the series next year.

slammingsam

Juniors
He is extremely underrated. Hits and runs hard. I'd be surprised if he has made an error this year or missed above 10 tackles.

Very solid player and takes the 'dog' runs in behind the ruck which is something a lot of players shy away from.

DeeJ

Bench
He shouldn't be playing for QLD though. They got him into the side under the dodgiest circumstances.

BranVan3000

Coach
Teo has been a totally different player since he came to us to what I expected. I was expecting a big hitter with okay defence and who runs great lines, but he is more of a general work horse with great defence this year.

Teo has been a totally different player since he came to us to what I expected. I was expecting a big hitter with okay defence and who runs great lines, but he is more of a general work horse with great defence this year.

Swapping Taylor for Te'o has been one of the key ingredients to Souths improvement this year over last imo. Sure, Taylor won us a few clutch games but he was also a massive opposition target in the defensive line and his work ethic was highly questionable.

Te'o is one of those blokes you hardly think has done anything on first inspection and then you watch the game back later and find that he has made 35 tackles and 20 hit ups. All of them quality and no real errors.

Does he still have beef with this dude:

fortafy-430x244.png

bottle

Coach
Unless it reverts back from a 'Choice of Colour' to a 'State of Origin' series, why wouldn't he qualify?

DeeJ

Bench
Unless it reverts back from a 'Choice of Colour' to a 'State of Origin' series, why wouldn't he qualify?

Kiwi and Warriors junior. Signed by Tigers at age 17/18 so he played at Keebra park for 2 years.

Played for the junior kiwis. Made the kiwi squad twice but never played a game. During the world cup 2008 where eligabilities are relaxed, he represented Samoa. Usually during the world cup, players may represent a country of their heritage and then revert back to their home nation the next year.

However, Teo filled out some form stating his intentions to play for QLD. QRL decided that playing in the world cup for Samoa had 'reset' his representative elegibilties and was therefore eligible for QLD.

Biggest crock and the first time it has ever happened.

Nightward

Juniors
In b4 Akuila Uate.

What actually happens is that junior national representative sides don't mean much. Benji Marshall played for Australia, for instance.

Otherwise, it's the same rules that enabled Uate or Tamou to take the field for NSW.

DeeJ

Bench
In b4 Akuila Uate.

What actually happens is that junior national representative sides don't mean much. Benji Marshall played for Australia, for instance.

Otherwise, it's the same rules that enabled Uate or Tamou to take the field for NSW.

Yes I know it doesn't matter alot but he made Kiwi squads and had to pull out due to injury before as a senior. But really its the world cup participation 'resetting' his eligibility that rustles my jimmies the most.

At least the new State of Origin rules prohibit this from happening again.

Nightward

Juniors

There are more players turning out for NSW under the World Cup eligibility rules than there are for Queensland.

What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

mberg

Juniors

There are more players turning out for NSW under the World Cup eligibility rules than there are for Queensland.

What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
that may be right,but what about greg inglis who in not a queenslander.

Nightward

Juniors
that may be right,but what about greg inglis who in not a queenslander.

As far as the QRL knew before his first Origin game, he was a Queenslander.

As far as the NSWRL knew before his first Origin game, he was a Queenslander.

As far as the NRL knew before his first Origin game, he was a Queenslander.

Not that it mattered at the time, since the NSWRL were dead-set convinced that Matt Cooper and Mark Gasnier were elite players who would be roflstomping Queensland by themselves for the next decade plus ad had no interest in considering anyone else for the position any way.

Then he turns out to be a decent player so evidence that he may have played for a side that due to recent changes in eligibility rules would make him a NSW player surfaces, and now we get complaint threads like clockwork here.

I, however, would point to the Tamou situation- a proud Kiwiw right up until the NSWRL indicated they would fast-track him for an Origin and Australian jersey that would boost his earning potential, and presto change he's a passionate Blue.

At least Inglis was always up-front about wanting to play for Queensland.

Latest posts