What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bench?

tlk

Bench
ok so most of us already have a good idea of who we think will make up our startin 13 next yr but who will make up our bench????
furthermore who will be very very boreder line 1st grade??

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I reckon annybody not in top 13, will be on the bench at some stage. From there, they might get into the top 13, therefore relegating one of the old top 13, back to the bench.

Quigs

Immortal
well reefy you certainly cleared that up for me.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

cityshark

Juniors
Suaaaaaaaaaaaaa. ok he is only good for 15 min but has a role to play. He could come in for Covell if he dose an elbow again. or Noddy . Very versitile , then after the game he would come in handy at the preso throwing out the unwanted and opinionated!Then there is Simmo , he can play FB , wing and center and bench ( thats 4 positions + quite a few other positions fellow posters can see him playing). Ok thats two spots .

tlk

Bench
hahahahha
ill be serious
i think def see\
14.noodles
15.willams
16.?maybe sua/norrie
17.?maybe ando?(second row)

18.?

Quigs

Immortal
I think that this really does get out of hand.

I am a stickler for the rules of the game and the spirit that it should be played in.

And I am overly politically correct.

So first off I think we should clarify where these replacements should be seated and what material it should be made of.

Now if they are on or at a bench then by crikey they should be using a proper bench. I would settle for a bench seat. Bo whoa be tide I am getting sick to death to see these so called superstars sitting on moulded plastic seats. A bench is a farkin' bench.

Sheeze some of them even sit on exercise bikes - twinkiehs....

Now before we can even consider working out our bench rotation for 2008 then I believe we should work on our "bench"

If there are any craftsman out there or maybe just a competent D.I.Y 'er then if you got a few free hours next weekend then you might want to knock something together for the club.
p-bench.jpg

just a thought mind you, just a thought

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
well I dont want to create a splinter group here , but I reckon that bench is farked.

the bench cannot & must not, have a rear support or side rests.

its not a f*cking picnic!!!!

Quigs

Immortal
well I am glad there is some form of consensus that we must keep out ressies bums on a bench style arrangement and not modular plastic hippie sh!t.

Toughen them up thats for sure.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Quigs

Immortal
danger??? said:
parkbench.jpg

What about this one??? Pretty stylish.

Naaahhhhh that ones got Souffs writ all over it - wot wiff Rusty the Gladiator running the Colin-see-um

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

bluey

Bench
Knowing sticky it will come down to off season training and trials form do not be suprised to see shock in there.

D

Deleted member 10972

Logical thinking would have

Impact hooker: De Gois
Centre/backrow utility: Stephenson
Backrower: Williams
Prop: Selmes/Norrie

coolumsharkie

Referee
I would hope we try something other than Kingston/ De Gois combo this year.

With De Gois being the first choice.

Taniwha

Juniors
I dont think we'll see much of Stephenson in first grade at all next year. Why not use this spot to show us what Pakutoa, Snowden or new recruit Millington can do? Pauls just a back-up player for us. I would rather Ciraldo over Stepho. We've got 80 minute back rowers anyway, well maybe not Thomo after his diabetes scare but thats what Williams is there for. Throw an impact player like Snowden or have Anderson running wide angles at speed.

carinashark

First Grade
Jeez Tani, Pakutoa, way to slow, Ciraldo ( gone thank god). Snowden ? Yes Snowden , maybe in a few years. Shure you would want any of those ahead of the genuine article like Weirdo.

Weaponhead

Coach
If Snowden sorts himself out he will be a very strong impact player for us next year. We need another forward with line breaking potential and he is our best prospect in that department apart form the regular starters (Gallen, Bird etc)

Taniwha

Juniors
Jeez Tani, Pakutoa, way to slow, Ciraldo ( gone thank god). Snowden ? Yes Snowden , maybe in a few years. Shure you would want any of those ahead of the genuine article like Weirdo.

Stephenson? He's slow, boring and offers us nothing in attack. If Stephenson get's a spot in the 17 next year i'll know for sure we've hit rock bottom. We'll have two props on the bench next year and i hope those two are Selmes and Snowden. All we need a prop to do is run hard, fast and straight. Why not get two big boppers in Snowden and Selmes to do that and they'd also throw some mongrel in the mix. Sure, Norrie and Stephenson get the job done but so could any other forward. Why not spice it up a little and bring some flavour into the team.

Taniwha

Juniors
With Nielsen gapping it to the Storm i presume our squad's pretty much finalised. Heres what i'd go with...

1) Kearney
2) Brown
3) Filiga
4) Pommeroy
5) Covell
6) Green
7) Kimmorley

8) Ross
9) De Gois
10) Douglas
11) Thompson
12) Gallen