What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benefit of the DOUBT???

Dutchy

Immortal
Should have been a try

I beleive B of the D should go to def team anyway..

but on current rules ; Parra was rorted

shiftysmith

Juniors
the camera angle looking from the behind the goal on the angle you see the ball hit the ground.....what a joke

pazzaeel

Juniors
the vision from the other side of the field showed the ball on the line. there was no doubt, it was a try.

like phil gould said, there was no way the video ref could have said it was definitely not a try.

melbourne's first try came from a blatant strip to.

N.Hindmarsh_Fan

Juniors
what about that strip, so obvious!!!! i knew it would not be a try to parra, we have never ever got the benefit of the doubt!

Have we ever got a B of the D try?
Have you noticed they don't give them in close games?
NRL needs Storm to win to get something back from there investment.
Like any business do what it takes to make a profit, thats why Storm have had a Rails run all season.

strider

Post Whore
eeelectroshooting? said:
even refs call would be sufficient for me, and then we could've blamed clarke :p
:lol: :lol: booooooo clarke!

oh dear .... i can laugh now - but i assure you, not at the time :fist: :evil:

mickdo

Coach
Shocking call, as was the non call on the strip that gave the Storm a try. Clarke was poor today.

Delboy

First Grade
Someone who believes in the consoiracy theory would believe in te following 2 points.
1. Clark had made his mind Parra would slow the play ball (in consultation with idiot Finch), and just penalised one side. Not to mention the Storm moving to one side when playing the ball.
2. The NRL wants to prove Melbourne deserves a spot in the competition, that wouldnt happen with News Limited, would it and the Storm be given a leg up. Hmmmm:crazy: :crazy:

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
ALL YEAR Benefit HAS been given in those circumstances to the ATTACKING team.

I thought thats how it was ruled all this year so far? and then we see a call like that.. dreadful decision..

niall

Juniors
IF YOU POUR WATER ON ME NOW STEAM WILL FLY EVERYWHERE, im still fuming!!!!!!!!! I will now hold in my anger and belt the sh*t out of anyone who says anything bad bout parra tomoro! WTACH OUT PARRA CRITICS!

bartman

Immortal
It's s strange rule. I've seen benefit of doubt given on video calls in England a lot more often this season, and sometimes it leaves you scratching your head, thinking it was too much of an advantage to the attacking side in some situations?

Here we have one that doesn't go that way and also leaves you scratching your head as to why not, if others have been. I think it's a poor rule because it adds to the uncertainty and inconsistency in refereeing, and I'd sooner see it scrapped so that every team knows there has to be no doubt. That or make it ref's call (like the old days) and we all have to live with the call they make?

True EEL

Bench
horrible and offensive call on the no try....

all year BOTD has been given in 100 times more questionable decisions than that, i couldn't honestly believe it....even Gould said it was a try

Steve Clark.....nuff said about that waste of space