What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benefit of the DOUBT???

Eelementary

Post Whore
I can accept that motherf**king merkin making that call in a regular season game. Who the f**k cares?

But in a f**king Final...

We were robbed. Easy.

Slimy Eel

Juniors
had to stop myself throwing the remote at the f#ckin TV. The Commentators & Video Ref couldn't see the ball contacting the ground, then why could I. There was no doubt.
It's always been the way for the Eels. Ripped again

fish eel

Immortal
I would have been filthy if tables were turned, Morrison was playing for Melbourne and had that try awarded against us....

fish eel

Immortal
Eelementary said:
I can accept that motherf**king merkin making that call in a regular season game. Who the f**k cares?

But in a f**king Final...

We were robbed. Easy.

I think Steven Clarke, probably in consultation with Robert Finch, obstructed John Morris at the scrum base at the last scrum, causing that shocking pass.

At least next year with Brett Finch, we should get a better rub of the green, because Robert will want to make sure his son is looked after. :roll:

Suitman

Post Whore
fish eel said:
I would have been filthy if tables were turned, Morrison was playing for Melbourne and had that try been awarded against us....

Not many people around here ever take the time to look at it that way.

No,no, no. It's all the refs fault. It's all the video ref's fault. This was a high tackle. That was held down too long. Blah blah blah.
FFS, broken records the lot of us. No wonder parra has a reputation as being whingers.

Suity

fish eel

Immortal
When that try was disallowed, we still had time on our side. Destiny was in our own hands, so to speak. If we were good enough, we would have won.

Sorry everyone, but we weren't robbed.

Lucas Neil, last kick if the match, thats being robbed. When there's no chance for redemption in the match....

Nikki

Coach
As I've been saying throughout the year, when there is benefit involved, we are the doubt..

strider

Post Whore
fish eel said:
I would have been filthy if tables were turned, Morrison was playing for Melbourne and had that try awarded against us....

sorry - but bullsh*t! .... there was one angle that showed the ball looked very much like it touched the ground .... but the dumb f**k video ref decided to go looking for others that were ALL obstructed at that point where it looked like it hit the ground .... so why the f**k NOT go with the view that says it did hit the ground?

what pisses me off is that that EXACT same scenario has happened NUMEROUS times in recent weeks and in EVERY case (except andrew ryan which the NRL later said they got wrong) they decided to give benefit of the doubt and award the try ..... but heaven forbid they ever give Parra that benefit - infact f**k we'll go to the video on EVERY f**kin try just on the off chance we might find something (ie wagon's try).

There's nothing wrong with people having a whinge about this - its a legitimate frickin whinge .... you don't have to jump in and defend bullsh*t decisions just to look fair - f**k every man and his dog whinged sh*tless about ref'ing during the world cup but that was considered ok - I guess it depends how much the bullsh*t decisions piss you off as to whether you see them as open game to whinge about

i'm not saying it cost us the game, but it sure would have been a frickin confidence boost with 20 mins to go eh!

Hellsy

Immortal
The back page of todays telegraph shows Morro with the ball on the line. It was a try. Would we have won the game still?? No-one knows, but we should have been given the opportunity to.
Chris Ward :fist: :fist:

Bloody good effort by the team though!

fish eel

Immortal
strider said:
sorry - but bullsh*t! .... there was one angle that showed the ball looked very much like it touched the ground .... but the dumb f**k video ref decided to go looking for others that were ALL obstructed at that point where it looked like it hit the ground .... so why the f**k NOT go with the view that says it did hit the ground?

what pisses me off is that that EXACT same scenario has happened NUMEROUS times in recent weeks and in EVERY case (except andrew ryan which the NRL later said they got wrong) they decided to give benefit of the doubt and award the try ..... but heaven forbid they ever give Parra that benefit - infact f**k we'll go to the video on EVERY f**kin try just on the off chance we might find something (ie wagon's try).

There's nothing wrong with people having a whinge about this - its a legitimate frickin whinge .... you don't have to jump in and defend bullsh*t decisions just to look fair - f**k every man and his dog whinged sh*tless about ref'ing during the world cup but that was considered ok - I guess it depends how much the bullsh*t decisions piss you off as to whether you see them as open game to whinge about

i'm not saying it cost us the game, but it sure would have been a frickin confidence boost with 20 mins to go eh!

Not saying it wasnt a close call that could have gone our way, or a try that would have been very, very handy.

But it wasnt the match costing call a lot of the posts in this thread are claiming.

As you say, there was still 20 minutes to go. That's enough time to score 12 points if we were good enough, which we weren't - as 14 points from our last three matches suggests.

Tank30

Juniors
Doesn't matter whether we would have been good enough or not...That call changed the game and as shown in the tele today, it was a try..We were screwed...

Would we have won in extra time, who knows...

Freak2

Juniors
I actually think Steve Clark had a very good game and will ref this year's GF!

Yes the BOTD should have been given for Morro's try and this could have made a difference to the final result.

The one thing that really disturbs all good paying rugby league supporters is consistencies with rulings and I don't think we got this with Morro's No try!

At the end of the day Morro passes the ball and we go in untouched!

I was told to calm down or leave the pub (the union hotel at crows nest. Cop shop is 20 metres around the corner) I complied.:)

However, beside that poor descision, I dont think we had the spark that was necessary. Even with 5 minutes to go, I didnt see people in motion, desperate to win a game. As far as I am concerned, the boys were knackered. Mentally and physically I think our boys have had a really long year. They hung on yesterday, with just sheer guts.

I know its not the opinion of most people, but, at one point this year, I was convinced we could not make the finals.

:clap: :clap:

Thank you boys for proving me wrong, winning me back the majority of money i lost on you earlier in the year, and most of all, for giving me something to cheer about for 9 weeks.

2007 cant come quickly enough.

:D

Freak2

Juniors
mickdo said:
What are you smoking?

He made one bad decision in the 1st half. The stripped ball on Burty and those calls are always very very tough.

Apart from that give me some other crucial poor decisions?

mickdo

Coach
Freak2 said:
He made one bad decision in the 1st half. The stripped ball on Burty and those calls are always very very tough.

Apart from that give me some other crucial poor decisions?
How about refereeing one side...

strider

Post Whore
Mark Geyer (i think it was or maybe TK) made an interesting observation regarding finals refereeing on the Sunday Roast...

the referees have turned into mutes for the finals - the blaringly obvious constant stream of "surrender" and "dominant" calls have suddenly disappeared - why? ... are we playing a different game now that the finals have started? does the rulebook change for finals? are the players suddenly angels?

melbourne are a team that work opponents over in the play the ball .... throwing the rules away on that didn't help our cause .... but that's not really clark, if they are all doing it then they've been instructed.

But anyway, back to Clark ..... Hindy got done for a grapple on Slater .... woo bloody hoo, go Clarky - pulled that one out of your arse boy!!! - the grapple tackle has been ignored since round f**king 6 - what Hindy did happens 50 times a game - why f**king penalise him as a one off event? ..... I think clarky was just on a roll dishing out the penalties one way.

Latest posts