What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji Barba

Card Shark

Immortal
I have found this one in the vault

benji-signing.jpg

That wasn't 1 I was thinking of but it'll do.

Benji could be Queen with a handshake like that.

Who's the dude with the glasses & bushy eyebrows?

chewsta

First Grade
This fence is uncomfortable.
I just cant get excited over signing BB. We all know he CAN/COULD be a outstanding player but I cant help but think about the past 2 years where he has been nothing more than a passenger.

So much potential...so much skill, speed & X factor but can he get that back? If Dessie cant...flanno wont. As much as I want this signing to work, I dont think it will end well for us...But what other option do we have?

Totally get what your saying mate, but think of it this way, without Barba Flammo would probably field a Robbo/Holdsworth combo. Or we would have ended up with Keating. even on a bad day BB dumps on all those blokes from a great height.

Card Shark

Immortal
There is no denying Barba has the physical ability & skills...it's a matter of whether he can get his head right.

The incident with his partner would've played on his mind big time but that was 2 years ago - hopefully he can get over that & get his confidence back.

We must keep him away from the wrong crowd, if we sign him.

Card Shark

Immortal
thats gunna be hard given we re signed gards...

I reckon we resigned him so that he had a club & couldn't sue us for being out of work as a result of the drugs fiasco.

He's a forgotten man - showed so much when he made first grade but has been ordinary ever since. His off-field antics probably are to blame.

ghoti

Bench
Gardner is handy enough as a depth player... it's completely possible that Holmes won't quite adjust to first grade next year, and in the event of a scenario like a Gordon injury and Holmes struggling at the back, Gardner would be good to have around. Good idea to have three first grade ready fullbacks in the squad I reckon..

As for Barba, at his very worst he'd be a better 5/9 than Fa Brown at this stage in his career. As much as I thought Fa showed great potential, I don't think he's ready to be a finals quality 5/8. That might change by the end of the year, but Barba even in the supposed poor form he showed at the Broncs (his games at 5/8 that I saw were strong, but obviously not Dally M quality) he'd be the best option available.

Madsharkie

First Grade
We prob won't need Gardner for depth if we land Beale... he or Brown would be chosen at fb before Gardner I'd have thought. And I'm not too upset about it either!!!

jason taylor

Bench
We prob won't need Gardner for depth if we land Beale... he or Brown would be chosen at fb before Gardner I'd have thought. And I'm not too upset about it either!!!

Do we know if Gardner was actually re-signed or if he's merely trialing for a new contract? We only know that he's out training with the squad correct?

Windy70

Juniors
Barba would hopefully have enough pride and balls to prove a point after being rejected by Wayne. That should be enough inspiration for him to shine in 2015.

I think he will