What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji Injured ???????

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Just been looking at the score updates on League Unlimited and they have just posted this below

"Benji Marshall (Tigers) comes off with a shoulder injury and looks to be in some discomfort. Possible dislocation and unlikely to return."

Hope its not as bad as it sounds not just for Benji but for the Tigers in general we really don't need any more injury news :cry: :cry: :cry:

Suzie

Juniors
Looks like I won't be getting my wish then :( An injury to Benji's just what we didn't need, and possibly part of Tim's "bring him along slowly" plan

Suzie

Juniors
Back, but not 100% Hopefully that means he's not got a bad injury *crossing fingers*

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Back onto the field ?????

Farah also made a good bust after the break to get the Tigers off to a flying start in the 2nd half with and now lead 12-2 8)

bonstonker

Juniors
bad luck to benji,let's hope there is no damage to other structures, such as rotator cuff tendons, biceps tendon or axillary nerve, which makes recovery far longer.

benji could be out for a few weeks or a few months.
did he really come back on?
how long did he stay on for,and how was his movement.sure he didn't just cop a stinger?

as long as skando isn't injured it isn't the end of the world.

innsaneink

Referee
He didnt come back on.....went straight to the dressing room...reports on Fox were dislocated shoulder....next shot of him was dressed in civvies with his arm in a sling under his shirt.
Rauhihi was bringing the ball back strongly and ran satright at \Benji who courageously tried to bring him down head on...think he stopped him, not sure becoz he motioned straight away to the sideline that he was hurt....looked bad straight away.

White Tiger

Juniors
bonstonker said:
bad luck to benji,let's hope there is no damage to other structures, such as rotator cuff tendons, biceps tendon or axillary nerve, which makes recovery far longer.

benji could be out for a few weeks or a few months.
did he really come back on?
how long did he stay on for,and how was his movement.sure he didn't just cop a stinger?

as long as skando isn't injured it isn't the end of the world.

Went off in the 17th minute going low on Paul Rauhihi?
No he didn't came back on !

Doesn't look good for him at the moment.

On a positive note Farah went good, Bronson solid
Our defence has definetly improved, tackling in numbers, scrambling, moving forward in one straight line.Also kick chase was ok although Ty Williams managed to break a tackle here and there.

Our Ball control still needs some work, it was terible in the first half.

I think we got dudded by Mick Stone with that Cowboys last Try.on the coverage you can see Ben Galea ask Mitchell Sargent "Is a Try" and even he said i don't think so!

I thought he missed it completely when trying to put in down.

Fitzy pulled off a great tackle to pull down Ty Williams mowed him down like a lawn mower. Or should i say Sattler Like.

Good to get a win up North now regroup for next weeks game against the Saints.

That Mitchell Sarget try was clearly not a try, the velocity of the ball as it bounced up could tell you that he didn't even ground it.

One other funny little thing i noticed, in the first half when Farah first came on, Farah was going to dummy half on the 4th tackle when Scott Prince ran over, nudged him out of the way and slapped him on the arm, as to indicate 'get out of my way' :lol:

tigergal

Juniors
round 8 is my hope he gets back.. we need him for penrith ... i was soo upset he got injured that i didnt feel the normal happiness i have when we win...

HappyTiger

Juniors
If he is back in round 8 ill be counting my lucky stars.Nine news tonight said he could be out for 6 months.

bonstonker

Juniors
HappyTiger said:
If he is back in round 8 ill be counting my lucky stars.Nine news tonight said he could be out for 6 months.

the round 8 projection is if it is just a dislocation.and that is all that is known at this stage.
if they end up finding tendon or nerve damage this week his season will be over.