What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji & Tigers down & out

dazeely

First Grade
Perhaps a bigger story is the injury to Benji Marshall, who injured his shoulder trying to tackle Carl Webb in the 79th minute. After the match the television cameras showed Marshall sobbing in the dressing room. This injury could be fatal to the Tigers Premiership chances, and certainly could not help the Kiwis in the ANZAC Test, or even the Tri-Nations, depending on how long he is out.

V1er

Juniors
Real shame for benji, but i guess that really opens the door now for marcus to get a spot in the kiwi team.

Nickeel

Juniors
If there's one positive to come out of this really unfortunate injury for a fantastic player, it's that we play them in two weeks. Hey, it's something!

Nick

coca-cola

Juniors
scribe was also once down and out, struggling. never underestimate the resilience of the wounded kiwi, thats all im saying.

PIG

Juniors
coca-cola said:
scribe was also once down and out, struggling. never underestimate the resilience of the wounded kiwi, thats all im saying.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Funny sh!t

Kornstar

Coach
Never good to see anyone get an injury, but someone as special as Marshall (and i don't mean PJ) is a real shame cause he is so great to watch!!

Angry_eel

First Grade
coca-cola said:
one good song and never heard from again. hope the same won't happpen for benji.

bartman

Immortal
And I think it was the bloke he tried to tackle after straight after Carl Webb where the injury occurred, looked abit like O'Donnell? The shots of Benji crying in the cahnging room after the match said it all, I think it's safe to assume he'll be out for a while.

How good were the cowboys (again) though? They just keep soaking things up in defence, don't get their heads down when things don't go their way, and then can turn on waves of attack to render the opposition suddenly helpless and a long way behind on the scoreboard.

parra pete

Referee
A fantastic player. What a shame. I hate seeing injuries to these special talented kids. He has no bullsh*t in him either from all reports, just a kid from a battling family who loves playing the game.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Benji is to the Tigers what Johns is to the Knights

Benji set up two trys last night and without him the Tigers score would have been woeful

PARRA_FAN

Coach
What a shame for Benji, the Tigers will be sh*tt without Benji. Tim Sheens says that there's replacements, but not like Benji I mean who they gonna have as 5/8. Fitzhenry, shouldnt play at 5/8, let alone in the team. And Ben Reynolds, I saw him play against the Warriors I dont know why theyre trailling him at halfback, he's not that good. Benji is a key to the team, and although Prince is still good, he needs a good 5/8.

Just on the game, it wasnt a bad one and it wouldve been better if it wasnt for Clark. Ive never seen so much penalties and so much BS ones. What is it with Friday nights and referees?

Hellsy

Immortal
Ahh the wisdom of Smartman, where would we be without our daily dose? :roll: :roll: