What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji

tigergal

Juniors
dead set the best thing i have heard in a long time (well except my history esay getting postponed :p) My hopes were starting to fade but now my Benji is back i can have hope again!! :D :D im soo happy.. they better pick him this week!

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
tigergal said:
dead set the best thing i have heard in a long time (well except my history esay getting postponed :p) My hopes were starting to fade but now my Benji is back i can have hope again!! :D :D im soo happy.. they better pick him this week!

Hopes are starting to fade? We lost to the best team in the comp and the week before we lost by 2 to the premiers at their home ground.....

hope lost????????????

Glennb

Juniors
tigergal said:

I'd calm down if I were you. The report I read is that Benji returns to trainingthis week. if he hasn't been training, can't see him playing.

GlennB

tracietiga

Juniors
If he has been training put him straight into the number 7 .
By the way he has been playing touch lately lol.
So his fitness should not be a worry .
Players these days have different methods of keeping fit when injured .
Look at the way Boof came back .

tiger_nick

Bench
I'd be surprised if he was back, I read somewhere Sheens was going to wait till he was 100%, than play him the week after that.

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
Im sure Scott Sattler said he had been playing touch while he was injured if that isn't as good as training i don't know what is. Maybe he is just back for tackle training. Hope he is back this week even off the bench he would add alot to the team.

skandofan

Juniors
tracietiga said:
If he has been training put him straight into the number 7 .
By the way he has been playing touch lately lol.
So his fitness should not be a worry .
Players these days have different methods of keeping fit when injured .
Look at the way Boof came back .

Don't be ridiculous- what has Prince done wrong????

I'm sorry guys- he just is not ready to play in the halves- yes he's talented- but he hasnt built his playmaking his skills up to a good level yet.

He needs to be playing Centre- where Sheens has been picking him, and thats where his best attribute- his step - can be used.

Fittler- who carved US up with his step and playmaking last weekend, started off as a centre remember.

And i just like to say that i'm one of the biggest Benji fans going round

simon says

First Grade
I dont think she means to drop Prince mate......Benji 7 and Prince 6.Problem of our halves solved.Or vice versa,I dont really care.Benji is ready to play,whack him in the tootsweet.

gr8_1

Juniors
Roycey on BSB this morning said Benji is 50-50 chance of playing. He will be put under certain tests during the week to tests the injury out.

super_coach

First Grade
if your young enough your good enough--if fit and i dont thinks so--they will not take one risk--slot him into the halves
probably fullback would be is ideal place to gets his legs--but he not going to replace our form gun in hogo--so throw him in the halves-he is wasted as a left centre-I think the green machine game would be a better game to come back than the dogs

Snide the Tiger

Juniors
skandofan - do you want Prince at both 6 and 7??? It is a game of two halves in more ways than one!!

As for Benji - an early return is not worth the risk!! He has to prove his fitness on the bags and in contact drills before he could even be considered!!

The real possibility of a total reconstruction means that we need to keep him in cotton wool until he is the proverbial 110%!!

As for keeping fit by playing touch (and that being as good as real training Tap Twist)???? What have you people been smoking???

Don't forget that Benji playing touch was not sanctioned by the club and he has since been chastised for it!! It was certainly not considered to be part of his rehabilitation or fitness regime from the club's perspective - and instead represented a breach of his contract!!

innsaneink

Referee
Yeah put him in the halves where the big opposition forwards can run at him time n time again and really test his shoulder and see if its OK. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tigerpete

Juniors
Yeah, from what i hear Benji has returned to full training but that does mean little, he could still be proved like Payton last week that he needs an extra week on the sidelines, hopefully not though.

Gobbso

Juniors
If fit, straight into Halfback. Push prince out to 5/8th where he belongs. He has been let down without a true partner in the halves, Fitzhenry has not done him any justice. Marshall has got the ball skills, and confidence to back himself, unlike Fitzhenry who constantly hesistate's in attack.

Albo

Juniors
Skandofan

Stop comparing Benji with Fittler, they were in different situations

When Fittler entered the scene, he had Steve Carter and Brandy Alexander feeding him the ball

If we put Benji at C, we have players like Daniel Fitzhenry and Scott Prince. Nothing wrong with Prince, but being a first receiver, it is not often he feeds the ball to the C, thats the 5/8s job.

Wonder why our Cs are not effective, look at our 5/8

Gobbso

Juniors
Albo said:
Wonder why our Cs are not effective, look at our 5/8

Bingo! GET HIM OUTTA' THERE! Prince to 5/8th in his natural position and Marshall to halfback. Qaulity ball to a flying Halatau and Elford will have the opposition in damage control. Wests fail to make line breaks because of the halves problem. Not to mention our poor support play. Hodgson as expected is the only one who always backs up.

Latest posts