What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett and All Star Team

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Do you reckon with Benny doing all this work with the All Star team it will effect the Dragons offseason training?

If he is spending half his time with all stars then the Dragons are gonna have less time with Bennett.

The Offseason is an important step to a good season and I would hate to think the boys will not get the full benefits just because of a one off game. Soward and a couple of other Dragons will benefit but that is only a small portion of the team.

Neil Henry is quiting his assistant role with QLD so he can focus more on the Cowboys so it must have some effect when you coach 2 teams. Not only is it training but the amount of media committments regarding this game is taking Bennet's focus off the Dragons.

I just don't want to hear any excuses if the Dragons are struggling that because of the desruptive off season they were under prepared.

The Saints have 5 hard games straight off so if they are under prepared they will get hammered and once you lose a couple of games by big scores it is hard to regain confidence.

Godz Illa

Coach
I think you're exaggerating the issue somewhat.

Bennett's involvement in the All-Stars may disrupt our preparation and promotion for the Perth trial against Parra (wow, that's some unintentional alliteration right there), but little else. It's one game and a few days in the pre-season.
On the bright side, it exposes more quality players to the methods and magic of Bennett as a coach... not a bad thing

Doug2234

First Grade
Bennett's involvement in the All-Stars may disrupt our preparation and promotion for the Perth trial against Parra (wow, that's some unintentional alliteration right there

She sells sea shells by the sea shore...

Slippery i dont think Bennett is having training weekly. It will be 3 days before the game while the team is in Perth. So effectively he misses not a lot or pre season training.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
this is just a bunch of old cobblers.

noteeth.jpg

majority of early season is fitness work anyway.. leave to the qualified trainers for that...

DaSuperHero2

"Moderator"
Oh hai guys who was that coach that like coached queensserrland whilst like winnink premierships with the bronx

big pat

Coach
the simple explanation is, bennett must think he can do both or he wouldn't have signed up, some people are just being pessimistic.

Last edited:

OurRedV

Juniors
I just don't want to hear any excuses if the Dragons are struggling that because of the desruptive off season they were under prepared.

The Saints have 5 hard games straight off so if they are under prepared they will get hammered and once you lose a couple of games by big scores it is hard to regain confidence.

Unlike last season when we won a lot of games and did really well in the finals.

watatank

Coach

If we're underprepared it won't be because Bennett is coaching the all stars. There are far greater distractions such as half the side coming off injuries and going through rehab, for example. We will also have two players in the all stars game as well.

watatank

Coach
off the top of my head...Weyman, Smith, Costigan, Emmett had off season surgery...most of the new recruits are working with the rehab team, not sure how serious those injuries are though.

Costigan will miss the first couple of rounds or so, rest of the others are a bit of a mystery

I think you're exaggerating the issue somewhat.

Bennett's involvement in the All-Stars may disrupt our preparation and promotion for the Perth trial against Parra (wow, that's some unintentional alliteration right there), but little else. It's one game and a few days in the pre-season.
On the bright side, it exposes more quality players to the methods and magic of Bennett as a coach... not a bad thing

Much agreed. and besides we have an assistant coach. If the boys can't turn up to play on game day it will be their own fault not the coaches. You can't blame the coaches for the boys performance, it is the attitude that the players show on the field that is important. If they turn up and play properly the way they should be...then all that hard work with the assistant coach will have paid off...with or with out the additional help of wayne bennets coaching. The boys need to learn to play with or without bennet - he can't be there on game day all the time, for example he may be involved with other coaching commitments such as the all stars team. And ffs people it is only 1 game. We will be fine.