What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett back to Broncos in 2011?

chefman21

Juniors
I think he may retire. He is 60, has achieved everything in the game and it's not exactly a family friendly job. With his son having a disability, I am sure he would like to spend a good few years with him before his own faculties - both physical and mental - begin to fail. Not to mention any grandkids he has.

Dr.J

Juniors
At first I thought you were just taking the piss. But now it seems you're serious. It was slightly humorous before, now its just laughable.

Read this plus Sun-Herald if you want more humour:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...sperate-to-retain-bennett-20101004-164di.html

At least if Bennett goes, the Dragons have an obvious replacement in Tony Archer. The support staff might be in a bad position though, as Archer will want to bring his touch judges with him (and Robert Finch as football manager).

bottle

Coach
Ahh Dr. Jerk we're both crying. You're crying tears of bitterness and I'm crying laughing at you.
You do know when Bennett sticks around for 2011 this thread'll be bumped every time you open your trap from now on, don't you?
Cred will go from zero to negative real fast.

Dr.J

Juniors
At least you have had to change your comeback from "what a joke there is nothing in this" to "the media are speculating but I'm sure he'll stay".

Apologies for creating this thread a few days before mainstream newspaper articles appeared on the subject.

For the record: Wayne Bennett is one of the best, if not the best, rugby league coaches of all time and the Dragons are fully deserving Premiers for 2010.

Also for the record: Bennett is Tiger Woods like in his hypocrisy when he talks about "honesty" and "values" and "my handshake is my bond" and all that crap. He broke a contract with the Broncos to move to St George, broke a deal to move to the Roosters and let the club sack their coach knowing he had agreed to join.

It is somewhere between 99 and 100% likely that the Broncos are approaching him at the present time about getting him back from November 1 this year. Whether he decides to stay another year at St George or go back straight away is obviously still up in the air, but if he does stay it will purely be because he thinks the Dragons have a better crack at the 2011 Premiership and have nothing to do with "being a man who doesn't break his word".

bottle

Coach
At least you have had to change your comeback from "what a joke there is nothing in this" to "the media are speculating but I'm sure he'll stay""being a man who doesn't break his word".

Making up quotes now, none of them mine. Not only a fool but a liar. I've made no claims, still laughing at yours. Your the one making all the outlandish statements. I'll be sure to quote them accurately and honestly when the time is right.

taxidriver

Coach
It is somewhere between 99 and 100% likely that the Broncos are approaching him at the present time about getting him back from November 1 this year. .

how do you know this?

man up or admit you are full of sh*t

Dr.J

Juniors
Making it up as he goes along. Had Bennett leaving immediately after the GF initially. Now back pedaling at a rate of knots after being exposed as a liar and a fool.

"THEIR premiership famine finally over, St George Illawarra will turn their attention to retaining the man who delivered them long-awaited relief, amid speculation Wayne Bennett may pack up and return to Brisbane next year."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...sperate-to-retain-bennett-20101004-164di.html

Obviously the SMH are talking out of their a---s as well as me, why don't you write them a letter and call them liars and fools.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
"THEIR premiership famine finally over, St George Illawarra will turn their attention to retaining the man who delivered them long-awaited relief, amid speculation Wayne Bennett may pack up and return to Brisbane next year."

Obviously the SMH are talking out of their a---s as well as me, why don't you write them a letter and call them liars and fools.

Because the SMH, the Telesh*t and forummites like you are always on the f**king ball and never spout sh*t for the sake of it. :roll:

Keep trolling asshat :lol:

bottle

Coach

Way too busy laughing at you and being entertained by all the bitter whingers on here. Keep digging.

Dr.J

Juniors
Worth reading this:

http://www.backpagelead.com.au/leag...agons-celebrate-with-a-snarl#comment-84222212

Steve Mascord agreeing that Bennett is one of, if not the, best coach of all time, but that his methods repeatedly include deception to get what he wants. In this article Steve has tossed up that he wouldn't be surprised if Bennett was behind the 10 year old girl who said the Dragons didn't pass the ball enough.

The drums are beating that he is heading back to the Broncos now that he has seen off the reign of Bruno Cullen. All they are negotiating over is the date. Certainly in the medium term Bennett would prefer to have a superstar centre at his peak signed under the cap for way less than he is worth than a solid centre past his peak on a back-ended contract taking up too much cap space.

some11

Referee
If he comes back it'd be funny seeing as Boyd wouldn't be able follow him back into the side due to the salary cap :lol:

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Worth reading this:

http://www.backpagelead.com.au/leag...agons-celebrate-with-a-snarl#comment-84222212

Steve Mascord agreeing that Bennett is one of, if not the, best coach of all time, but that his methods repeatedly include deception to get what he wants. In this article Steve has tossed up that he wouldn't be surprised if Bennett was behind the 10 year old girl who said the Dragons didn't pass the ball enough.

The drums are beating that he is heading back to the Broncos now that he has seen off the reign of Bruno Cullen. All they are negotiating over is the date. Certainly in the medium term Bennett would prefer to have a superstar centre at his peak signed under the cap for way less than he is worth than a solid centre past his peak on a back-ended contract taking up too much cap space.

Hahaha, you really hate us. You are such a petty little man.

Whether he goes or he stays, who cares? I, for one, am grateful we got him for the 2 years we've had him. Done wonders. Turned the entire club around.

And all you can do is spout sh*t and spread senseless rumours. You must be employed at the Telesh*t. They wouldn't be able to resist your rumour-mongering.

Serc

First Grade
If he comes back it'd be funny seeing as Boyd wouldn't be able follow him back into the side due to the salary cap :lol:

In a perfect world that would be true...unfortunately for the rest of the NRL clubs, there is a small thing called the '3rd party payment' and the wide array of 'non club sponsors' (including the *cough* Thoroughbreds *cough*) that the Broncos have...so in other words they could quite 'legally' slot in Boyd at fullback in 2012 and Schubert can't do a thing about it.

Latest posts