What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett: Post Match comments?

greeny12

Juniors
(See video attached)

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...ons-nrl-freefall/story-fn2mcuj6-1226114814015

What are your guys thoughts?? Some of the stuff he has said towards the end to me is a bit worrying.. it's very unlike him - judging on past "lows" in previous seasons.

Do you think he generally has run out of ideas? Or he does have some sort of idea to try get the boys back on track?

None the less. I'll still support the guys through thick and thin... here's to hoping we can get things back on track with a win next week.

Minh

First Grade
I was worried about his sceptisism during the Origin period he was so negative back then saying that we may never recover from this (at the time origin hangover) I guess he's seen many at the Broncos so he should know and now our worst fears have been realised.

On a positive note if any I remember Bennett acting like a real lost cause during media conferences even refusing to talk and stuff when the Broncos lost something like seven in a row and then came home with a wet sail to win the comp it was either 2000 or 2006. If we are to go down I want us to go down swinging although I would like to hope that we can turn it on in the finals, fingers crossed.

Bring back choc

Juniors
Thought it was very ordinary... Sounded like he's giving up. Therefore it's ok for the players to give up. All starts at the top.

greeny12

Juniors
Maybe I'm naive, but I just can't believe Bennett has given up on them. At the moment there are a few players who need to pull their head out (as off 3 weeks ago).. surely he has some ideas to get the boys thinking the right way and trusting each other on the field. That is what we look to have lost completely. Earlier this season our strength was whoever came into the side knew their role and everyone around them trusted them to be able to perform. I don't think that's happening now... we are arguing amongst ourselves, look confused in attack and unstructured in defence. We also look lathargic and unenthused.

On a side note, I don't know what the go was with whether Soward was convinced to play, or whether what Bennett states is true in the press conference and Soward chose to play. But if he was injured why didn't we just rest him? Surely the foot has to be put down and not be left to player, because unfortunately he was a passenger today... and especially for someone like Soward who is a confidence player, it could play on that vulnerability he may still have..

natheel

Coach
outsider looking in here...but do u think bennet would be the type to lend some control to price and be a type of 'voice' for him? just to ease price into coaching? coz this isnt a wayne bennett team playing...by now previous boncos sides coached by him have got back on track...even 09 they snagged wins before end of the main season...just a thought

Minh

First Grade
I don't think Bennett will ever do that, his reputation is at stake. In 2008 the Broncos were all but into the GF until a brain explosion by Ashton Sims wayward offload with 1 minute to go whist in front gifted possession to the Storm who were good enough to capitalise and win, Bennett would play it till the end but I was disappointed to hear him say that he can't wait till the seasons over.

natheel

Coach
yeah feel sorry for u guys (im one to talk haha) but it sucks when ur coach has run out of excuses/answers...i hope u guys turn it round and win for nsw sake...id hate to see it go to qld or vic again....but i hate manly so i want u guys to win it

natheel

Coach
as much as i hate the dragons and some supporters shit me...id rather u guys win over cocky manly melbourne supporters...i live in the illawarra and round the corner from where brett morris grew up. (old next door neighbours actually) so i do have a tiny soft spot for them...good luck against the storm

as much as i hate the dragons and some supporters shit me...id rather u guys win over cocky manly melbourne supporters...i live in the illawarra and round the corner from where brett morris grew up. (old next door neighbours actually) so i do have a tiny soft spot for them...good luck against the storm

cheers

Hollywood

Juniors
It looked like we layed down today....not that I can imagine that ever happening...Soward also looked totally dis-interested. As the game was unfolding I started to wonder if something happened behind closes doors that upset some players or the team? very uncharacteristic errors etc

Makes me wonder if Bennett's tactic is to get the players to prove it to him all over again?........have never seen him publicaly respond that way.

I have seen this side of the dragons before though I'm afraid, part of our personality is that we can self distruct, it looks like all confidence and belief is gone.

Time will tell...but I'm not confident

TheRev

First Grade
Don't read anything into the press conference, he is just not interested in giving the media anything (plus he is pi$$ed off).

However... on the field though is concerning, its not a lack of talent/ability/experience, its heart in defence, for 3 years we have not been good at putting on a lot of points, which is fine when you defend like madmen, but right now we are falling over ourselves to let in tries. We cant do that..

Dont get me wrong, a few decisions go differently and we win the game, but its like Bennett said a few weeks back, the only way we will win games is by happening to be the team that scores the last try @ the 80 minute mark, its like a 50/50 proposition lately, trading try for try.

No doubt we will fire up against Melbourne, they are certainly beatable, but if we put in a performance like today against a rampaging Storm, it would be an ugly scoreboard.

to_ddeath

Coach
Thanks nath eel but I don't think we can compete with Melbourne realistically ATM. Far too peahearted at present, and the collective mentality out there is something along the lines of "we don't give a f*ck"....

T.

ebbedfred

Bench
On a side note, I don't know what the go was with whether Soward was convinced to play, or whether what Bennett states is true in the press conference and Soward chose to play. But if he was injured why didn't we just rest him?

I have no doubt that if we had won the last 3 games Soward would have been rested. The fact he did not kick goals suggested he certainly was not 100%. If we weren't in dire need of a win I think he would have rested. Is there any point in him playing against the storm? After yesterday it's hard to see us getting win with or without him.

Latest posts